Just tried Kuva Survival for the first time - NEVER AGAIN!

Nitro747

First of all, survival missions reaaaaally need a look at. The fact that life support is tied to RNG and that you (sorta) need an specific Warframe simply to break this RNG and make it less of a pain in the &&&&&&& should already be a matter for concern. The fact that on top of this your kills per second will be on a much more unreliable pattern when that map is just so crazy and that enemies will a lot of times stand around or move too slowly in order to keep up the life support makes it an even more annoying experience. Then on top of it, we have to decide between getting a meagre amount of Kuva or life support for mere 30 seconds. It's just rushed, low effort.

Second of all: almost 25 minutes with every single life support capsule turned into a harvester, zero harvesters destroyed, with a booster and a smeeta Kavat only to be rewarded 7000 Kuva? No, thank you! That's enough to roll a riven twice only! I can get that very same amount but in around 5 minutes or maybe 10, and at least doing different stuff rather than just keep killing people and waiting for an evil version of life support pylon do its work. To add insult to injury a major rotation reward is 3000 credits cache? Are you joking us? If the rewards weren't so trash I'd maybe bother finding a meta group with a Nekros and a Pilfdroid to keep life support up, but damn, its totally not worth it.

PS: I only tried it for the first time today because way back then I already saw that the rewards were garbage, but I had to try it out for myself at least one day. I regret this decision wholeheartedly.

Edited by Nitro747

Just now, hellodownthere said:

That's the intent, DE wants you to do siphons, floods and kuva survival. Do siphons and floods till they run out or the missions are on a mission type you don't like then you do survival. Rinse repeat.

Too bad end result was doing flood, siphons, survival, getting disappointed and now I'll just do floods and siphons and then go make a sandwich, play another game, etc.

I much prefer Kuva Survival over Siphons or Floods; different strokes for different folks, I guess. I personally find repeatedly running extremely short missions like Siphons to be exhausting, and I hate the cheese that is par for the course in Floods. The actual Siphon "mini-game" stage is also groan-inducing.

That said, Kuva Survival certainly has its faults.

• The tile-set is atmospheric but specific areas just really suck to play in (e.g., that room with the hole blown in the floor leading to a basement area that has a really bad collision hitbox).
  • For some reason, getting to a Life Support tower frequently delays the spawning of the related Eximus unit until you move away from it.
  • The Fortress traps are just a damn chore.
  • Life Support markers tend to not show up on the minimap when the next tower is spawning farther away. This limits potential time efficiency for no reason, and it sucks.

10 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

The tile-set is atmospheric but specific areas just really suck to play in (e.g., that room with the hole blown in the floor leading to a basement area that has a really bad collision hitbox).

10 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Life Support markers tend to not show up on the minimap when the next tower is spawning farther away. This limits potential time efficiency for no reason, and it sucks.

Qouted so DE notices. These two things are so annoying on an already cluttered and hard to navigate map.

11 hours ago, hellodownthere said:

That's the intent, DE wants you to do siphons, floods and kuva survival. Do siphons and floods till they run out or the missions are on a mission type you don't like then you do survival. Rinse repeat.

Even though syphons are incredibly toxic gameplay-wise. Syphons are basically fissure 1.0 when they just arrived. You have a thing spawning on your map and a bunch of enemies are dumped around it, on top of your head. You can afk the whole thing if there's someone else in the team not afking, and still get the rewards. Rinse & repeat.

It just makes regular missions even worse through the fact that main objective is basically irrelevant and after you get the syphon the rest of the mission is just a mandatory chore. This kind of mission design is a huge mistake on multiple levels.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

If you can handle kuva floods and you have a friend who doesn't care about them, then try this:

1. You be host

2. Invite your friend to the squad

3. They pick the kuva flood

4. They leave the squad

5. Complete the flood and repeat from step 1

There you go. System subverted.

Edited by (PS4)Double991

1 hour ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

If you can handle kuva floods and you have a friend who doesn't care about them, then try this:

1. You be host

2. Invite your friend to the squad

3. They pick the kuva flood

4. They leave the squad

5. Complete the flood and repeat from step 1

There you go. System subverted.

wot

19 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

First of all, survival missions reaaaaally need a look at. The fact that life support is tied to RNG and that you (sorta) need an specific Warframe simply to break this RNG and make it less of a pain in the &&&&&&& should already be a matter for concern. The fact that on top of this your kills per second will be on a much more unreliable pattern when that map is just so crazy and that enemies will a lot of times stand around or move too slowly in order to keep up the life support makes it an even more annoying experience. Then on top of it, we have to decide between getting a meagre amount of Kuva or life support for mere 30 seconds. It's just rushed, low effort.

Second of all: almost 25 minutes with every single life support capsule turned into a harvester, zero harvesters destroyed, with a booster and a smeeta Kavat only to be rewarded 7000 Kuva? No, thank you! That's enough to roll a riven twice only! I can get that very same amount but in around 5 minutes or maybe 10, and at least doing different stuff rather than just keep killing people and waiting for an evil version of life support pylon do its work. To add insult to injury a major rotation reward is 3000 credits cache? Are you joking us? If the rewards weren't so trash I'd maybe bother finding a meta group with a Nekros and a Pilfdroid to keep life support up, but damn, its totally not worth it.

PS: I only tried it for the first time today because way back then I already saw that the rewards were garbage, but I had to try it out for myself at least one day. I regret this decision wholeheartedly.

So you're telling me that you don't appreciate the horrid audio and visual queues that are only there to limit the run duration and annoy the hell out of you ?

You are telling me that you don't appreciate the fact that the syphons health do not scale and they can get oneshot by anything 35 minutes into the mission ?

How dare you! Kappa

13 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

So you're telling me that you don't appreciate the horrid audio and visual queues that are only there to limit the run duration and annoy the hell out of you ?

You are telling me that you don't appreciate the fact that the syphons health do not scale and they can get oneshot by anything 35 minutes into the mission ?

How dare you! Kappa

well, there is that too and hey, at least that thing has 4k health contrary to 500 health of a normal excavator