Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ADDING "EASY" "ENDGAME"

sorinmarkauv

hey DE

i really love your game. i buy new games like dark souls remsastered, dark souls 3, seikeo, monster hunter world, BUT i still spend almost half my time here. i really enjoy everything you have done to make this game what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something i was LOST in before playing this was League of legends, im not particularly proud of that but i want to bring something up. id love to have more things like ds, mhw, and pvp lol, and dreadnaught added to this game.

ive seen the pvp, i think its cool but maybe we could get something like a warframe twist on MOBAs added. im not saying this because of the overwhelming support for it but making a good version of this or DREADNAUGHT (a underdeveloped format of pvp that people wont be harsh on, Because we know people are harsh.) should be added. a SLOW pace type gamestyle vrs what we have going on now. the reason why i say bring in pvp is because of how relavent (for example fortnite, dota, pubg, CSgo, Lol) pvps are. many people who play pvps are not LACKING in content because given a persons interaction possibilities are endless, and instead of needing to force SO MUCH new weapon drive and push twoard more and more and more and more and more content, you could just keep tweaking the pvp a bit and it will be a little more stable in player base. you will get them and keep them like so many other pvps have. it might be really nice. you could also Limit when bullet jumps are used in other formats and then fix a lot of your mobility problems too (when porting to pvp, i like our current mobility)

on adding other aspects like Monsterhunter or Dark souls, i mean adding a slower game style. i love the twitch gameplay but remember all your competetors like destiny have slow gameplay, halo you moved slow jumped slow interacted slow. slowwing down certian aspects of the game in Key battles. more health, (like eidolons) but less spammy. might help. slow attacks that all instakill no matter what. (dont allow for obvious things like operator mode doging) it could make harrow op but lots of other frames have near invincible abilities too. it would be cool to see how WARFRAME adopts Slow bosses instead of as much SPEED as it does have. only because it could change how we approach certian things. heists in gta and the heists in desteny take 50 minutes to finish. maybe give us a format that helps us get more forma consistantly (at end game) so much forma blueprints to build every weapon from the dojo, what 20 weapons that need forma????? need some more help. investing like 8 forma in pre buff tiberon just shows how much we can blow through it before we even hit max mr ranks. 

21 minutes ago, sorinmarkauv said:

but remember all your competetors like destiny have slow gameplay, halo you moved slow jumped slow interacted slow.

And I'm glad DE doesn't do such BS. Don't get me wrong, DS, MH and Halo are great but I play Wf because of this fast/agile feeling I can't have irl.

it would be cool to see how WARFRAME adopts Slow bosses instead of as much SPEED as it does have. only because it could change how we approach certian things.

That would make Wf not Wf anymore

heists in gta and the heists in desteny take 50 minutes to finish.

DE doesn't support such gameplay. They want you to hop in have some quick fun and then leave, to come back the next day. That's why endless still sucks. They are trying to please some of us who love these missions but take a look a Kuva. You are better with Floods because of the above: DE doesn't want us to sit 20hrs in one mission.

maybe give us a format that helps us get more forma consistantly (at end game)

Unnecessary. I have 300 Forma and didn't even partake in the last PS. If I would have I'd have about 400 Forma

the reason why i say bring in pvp is because of how relavent (for example fortnite, dota, pubg, CSgo, Lol) pvps are.

Wf doesn't want to be PvP. 

And there are some aspects of your post which make absolutely no sense at all...like this

need some more help. investing like 8 forma in pre buff tiberon just shows how much we can blow through it before we even hit max mr ranks. 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

You forget one thing; Spaceninjas don't like it slow. 

I mean, if I see a capture mission taking more than a minute, I'm almost afraid someone on extract might die from stress. 

Something I might see fit this kind of playstyle better however would probably be Operator-only missions. I would LOVE to see us do more battle/whatever with our operators, making use of all those hard earned focus trees and amps. They are already much slower than the warframes but offers a different kind of gameplay. Hopefully the "new war" will make something like this a more natural addition to the game. 

Well this is why we don't have endgame in Warframe yet. A lot of casual player request access to endgame content and we end up with sort of very casual endgame which post no challenge and no high steak reward because DE really want to appeal to soft core player and that bite size warframe bs. sigh* didn't they notice that which demographic is the one keeping their game alive.

Edited by zteeldragon

I don't like the idea of slowing down gameplay, one of the major ups of this game is the speed and freedom of movement it provides it's players. If anything maybe it'd be nice to have faster and more agile enemies. We could do with more elite units/mini-bosses that are quick, agile and beefy. I wouldn't mind if our current bosses were an actual challenge that took more time to do, could improve the rewards to make it more appealing to farm them.

As for PvP, my personal opinion is that it needs a complete overhaul of the way it works and the maps we play. Maybe go with the controversial style of having cooldowns on abilities and removing energy from pvp altogether. Alongside that warframes should be beefier, make fights longer. Maybe add more rules to gamemodes, such as melee/gun only weapon restrictions and such.

38 minutes ago, zteeldragon said:

Well this is why we don't have endgame in Warframe yet. A lot of casual player request access to endgame content and we end up with sort of very casual endgame which post no challenge and no high steak reward because DE really want to appeal to soft core player and that bite size warframe bs. sigh* didn't they notice that which demographic is the one keeping their game alive.

They are appealing to the demographic that keeps the game alive. New players and casual players are far more likely to spend more money on stuff than older players and it's in their best interest ad a business to make sure they keep new players coming in and casual players coming back and have access to content. Their certainly trying to add more stuff to satisfy is older players, but new/casual players are always gonna be the primary demographic.

i don't like MOBA's, so i don't play them. if you want another Gamemode, it should probably be in context of and work around that Player Movement is very fast and flexible in Warframe.

1 hour ago, WindigoTG said:

We don't need neither PvP, nor slow paced game modes.

i don't think you do speak for everyone when you say you do not want PvP. you already don't have to play Conclave, so don't.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIF YOU DONT LIKE THE GAME GLADLY GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE!!! 🙂

also dude, you're comparing 6 different games and just saying "this is why you don't have players" or "your competitors" listing off games that aren't even competitors like fortnite, Halo, MHW, and league. The only thing you're doing here is saying "I love the game" and following that statement up with "change it to be like this game"

warframe doesn't need slower pace and nobody is forcing you to fight fast paced.

also have you actually played half the games you listed? Theyre all fast paced, if you're good that is. The slowest time you have in league as a good player is when you're waiting on your character to traverse the map. You play MHW and Dark souls at a slow pace? Like yeah you can sword and board and just sit there and eat hits till you get an opening, but slow game play isn't forced.

also, fast gameplay isn't forced here either, again unless you want to be efficient, but you can easily take your time with the content.

Personally I've never touched conclave and currently don't intend to, nor do I have a problem with it. Most other pvp types that could be added to Warframe would  require nerfs so bad it wouldn't feel like Warframe anymore, I can go play another game if I'm desperate for toxic as all help allies who think they're the center of the universe. At least with current Warframe I can ignore them and I'm not really missing out on anything from conclave by not playing it, but there is no guarantee anyways that a pvp mode will bring/keep people. Battlefield 1 was practically dead before the last expansion dropped, and I couldn't find a server with players a month after that.

You can't just "tweak" pvp mode and keep a player base. Fornite keeps theirs by adding in new things every single week on top of fixing their bugs, which to be honest, Warframe still has plenty of bugs that actually need fixed that people care about before they should think about creating a new community.

lets face it, no game successfully pulls pvp and pve focus, one out shines the other or they both suffer.

Edited by (XB1)BKRS Veeco

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

They are appealing to the demographic that keeps the game alive. New players and casual players are far more likely to spend more money on stuff than older players and it's in their best interest ad a business to make sure they keep new players coming in and casual players coming back and have access to content. Their certainly trying to add more stuff to satisfy is older players, but new/casual players are always gonna be the primary demographic.

Have you heard the story about an AAA game dev that develop their game based on the focus group, the casual one that their data scientist advice. They end up released the game that lost almost entire player base in a month after release. Even its first iteration have one of the best raid mission in its genre. But because only around 1% of the player achieve that mission so it not a good record to make the dev invest in develop a good endgame content or raid anymore. At the end they come back with the 3rd DLC which fix above issue by focus on the content for their die hard fan. Yes, I'm talking about Destiny 2 and how it regain its player base back.

Warframe can't keep going like this, piling up content one over another to appeal to casual player. This won't last, it will run dry one day. End game content will definitely remedy that pressure of releasing the new content, so that DE can have time to develop a good content rather than release a bunch of mastery fodder weapon every single week.

we're magic space ninjas that can blaze through entire bases in minutes, we don't really do "slow", and at this point it's difficult to imagine warframe being any other way. "endgame" is one of those dilemmas which isn't going to be solved easily, as nobody in the community can technically agree on what "endgame" content is (aside from Fashionframe).

if I want a slower and more tactical experience, as you said, better off playing Monster Hunter. no point trying to tarnish warframe by trying to make it like another game.

32 minutes ago, zteeldragon said:

Have you heard the story about an AAA game dev that develop their game based on the focus group, the casual one that their data scientist advice. They end up released the game that lost almost entire player base in a month after release. Even its first iteration have one of the best raid mission in its genre. But because only around 1% of the player achieve that mission so it not a good record to make the dev invest in develop a good endgame content or raid anymore. At the end they come back with the 3rd DLC which fix above issue by focus on the content for their die hard fan. Yes, I'm talking about Destiny 2 and how it regain its player base back.

Warframe can't keep going like this, piling up content one over another to appeal to casual player. This won't last, it will run dry one day. End game content will definitely remedy that pressure of releasing the new content, so that DE can have time to develop a good content rather than release a bunch of mastery fodder weapon every single week.

Hey man, we get it, you can subscribe to news places and get fed bogus statements by third party people who's entire job is to create click-bait titles to get you to read their theory as to why a game is succeeding or failing.

The real reason destiny continues to fail in the pve aspect is due to relevance, they don't understand what a pve player plays for. Their "raids" as they like to call them, which is more like bugged beyond belief, glitchable, only there for gear group activities, bear little to no relevance to progressing story, as well as the only story progress came from the start of destiny 1 and the start of destiny 2 and veers off into the enemy factions just to give you 20 different sub factions which still don't actually provide anything important to story.

Is Warframe perfect in this aspect? No, but at least they don't need to release a whole new game and charge me a whopping $60 for 2 hours of story before veering off into the background of a faction splitting into 3 other factions and fighting each other, while still some how having the resources to pick fights with super powered invincible crusaders protecting the remains of their life and still somehow managing to lose, making it feel like all the ridiculous grinding you've been doing was for nothing.

Also, the "fodder weapons," you refer to, aren't always bad, as well as they're introduced to eventually bring the mastery rank to 30, which lines up with the benefits you get every time you rank up. As well as they can sit there and pile content on top of it's self, every game does it, end game for traditional MMO's is raids, which eidolon hunts wasn't the worst start to something new, and they can build off of and improve.

Edited by (XB1)BKRS Veeco

1 hour ago, Vesiga said:

relic packs, and mod packs are technically loot boxes.

The best sort of loot boxes I seen in allmost all games I played. Buy a relic pack and its 100% chance you only get relics. Unlike useless loot boxes that gives you vendor junk 95% of the time.

They already tried to make endgame content with the pace of gameplay significantly slowed down.

It didn't turn out well.

Edited by Guest

At its beginnings, this game's combat was less frantic, and more challenging. Also darker, more grim looking (and sounding). Over the years, with growing ambition came increasingly high financial needs. So, logically DE had to adapt warframe and make it appealing to a wider audience. And they did, with great success. Unfortunately for some, there's no turning back now.

Edited by Robolaser

30 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Its funny how many people come on here and say they like Warframe...but then reel off a list of other games and then say it'd be cool if they made WF a bit more like those games.

"a bit more"?  Over the years I've seen people say wanting Warframe to morph into a completely different game.

Warframe should be a ... *inhales*  Competitive-MOBA-Strategy-Driving-Simulation-Shoot'emup-Fantasy Survival MMORPG-Roguelike-First Person Shooter...!!!!!!  *exhales*🤣

I don't know if this is just a new level of laziness people have reached nowadays.  Apparently changing between games is too hard, everything they like must be compartmentalized into a single game. And because that sounds easy in their minds, it must be easy, cheap and risk-free, feasible in real life without any flaws and a guaranteed success. /s

Edited by MystMan

6 hours ago, sorinmarkauv said:

hey

There's no helping DE or these forums. 

DE wants to appeal to their casual audience which is why content is created around them. It brings them the most money to be of a Nintendo mindset. Also, the community will protest ANY change unless it makes the game easier. As you can see, most people didn't even consider the context of your message. They read "pvp" and "slow" and immediately went into defense mode rather than trying to consider new ideas.

I would give up on this. Let Warframe remain the cash cow of simple minds and move on to another game that offers you the challenge you're looking for because you will never find it here.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

I tried Destiny, okay. It was too slow for me. The whole combat...yeesh...

Maybe it was starting out on Warframe and then going to Destiny, but it just seemed...

It wasn't bad. I don't dislike it, I know many who like it and not Warframe. That's not really my point.

Warframe is Warframe because they did something else.They decided to disregard the norm and deviated from the normal rails of PvE (shooting) games. I love it for doing so, it's become my favorite game. 

This being said, I don't want them to add the standard raid modes or PvP. A normal raid mode will, in my honest opinion, make Warframe blend into the crowd. I don't really like that.

Instead, why not offer solutions to the issue that are along the lines of standard but not...a twist on the raid mode...a TDM maybe? 

I'm different. You all can tell by my username. Why would we want Warframe to be normal? 

Im not trying to sound rude. I like your thoughts, I just think they're a bit too straightforward and will change this game too much. Make it not Warframe anymore.

Since you brought up Monster Hunter which is a good subject for "slow" gameplay, I'm going to humor it. In Monster Hunter World, the game is generally considered "slow". The average player could take anywhere between 10 - 20 minutes to complete a hunt. However, a good player would take less than 10 minutes and a great player would take 3 minutes or less. Which is faster than what majority of Warframe missions take despite being a slow game. What Monster Hunter World shows is where player skill is a factor in speed. The better you are, the faster you clear stuff. In Warframe, there is no such skill difference. Even new or bad players can clear a mission as fast as a skilled player because the ceiling is that low. In saying that, it's not like there isn't any great players (in terms of speedrunning) in Warframe, but I've yet to see one (in person) and I assume are very few. They would be the players who could navigate a stage while spamming mobility skills and who'd never get clipped or caught on a wall or object.

To sum it up, in MHW the difference in skill between a new player and an experienced player can be 10 minutes+. In Warframe, the difference may only be less than a minute. I wouldn't mind if Warframe found a way to widen that skill discrepency.

3 hours ago, (XB1)BKRS Veeco said:

Hey man, we get it, you can subscribe to news places and get fed bogus statements by third party people who's entire job is to create click-bait titles to get you to read their theory as to why a game is succeeding or failing.

The real reason destiny continues to fail in the pve aspect is due to relevance, they don't understand what a pve player plays for. Their "raids" as they like to call them, which is more like bugged beyond belief, glitchable, only there for gear group activities, bear little to no relevance to progressing story, as well as the only story progress came from the start of destiny 1 and the start of destiny 2 and veers off into the enemy factions just to give you 20 different sub factions which still don't actually provide anything important to story.

Is Warframe perfect in this aspect? No, but at least they don't need to release a whole new game and charge me a whopping $60 for 2 hours of story before veering off into the background of a faction splitting into 3 other factions and fighting each other, while still some how having the resources to pick fights with super powered invincible crusaders protecting the remains of their life and still somehow managing to lose, making it feel like all the ridiculous grinding you've been doing was for nothing.

Also, the "fodder weapons," you refer to, aren't always bad, as well as they're introduced to eventually bring the mastery rank to 30, which lines up with the benefits you get every time you rank up. As well as they can sit there and pile content on top of it's self, every game does it, end game for traditional MMO's is raids, which eidolon hunts wasn't the worst start to something new, and they can build off of and improve.

Well Im not here to argue about warframe vs destiny. I also hate how ridiculous they overcharge their customer and how they sell their based game and the first 2 DLC with literally no content but you can't deny that the endgame in destiny forsaken is pretty good. Which is come back to my point, DE try to introduce us over and over again with "endgame" but fail such as Syndicate, Focus system, EOS and now, Arbitration. Why I brought up destiny. It is because how they design their second game trying to appeal to casual player too much and ignore the fact that the one that keeping they game going for years is the veteran player which is exactly like the stage of warframe now. Try to streamline the mission too much, make the game too easy, afraid to introduce challenge to the player. Thats my point.

6 hours ago, zteeldragon said:

Well this is why we don't have endgame in Warframe yet. 

No, let's get it right: we don't have endgame because there's no such thing. Pick any 3 players and ask what endgame would be and you get 3 different answers. Everyone thinks that they know exactly what would be the best thing since melted Vobi butter, and everyone else thinks that person is, just a bit crazy.