Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ADDING "EASY" "ENDGAME"

sorinmarkauv

35 minutes ago, MystMan said:

"a bit more"?  Over the years I've seen people say wanting Warframe to morph into a completely different game.

Warframe should be a ... *inhales*  Competitive-MOBA-Strategy-Driving-Simulation-Shoot'emup-Fantasy Survival MMORPG-Roguelike-First Person Shooter...!!!!!!  *exhales*🤣

I don't know if this is just a new level of laziness people have reached nowadays.  Apparently changing between games is too hard, everything they like must be compartmentalized into a single game. And because that sounds easy in their minds, it must be easy, cheap and risk-free, feasible in real life without any flaws and a guaranteed success. /s

And on top of that, they'd end up complaining that Warframe was too much like / a lazy rip off of those other games. :laugh:

People complain when things are too similar...but also complain when things are different, or change from what they used to be.

Its why I'm glad DE largely seem to stick to their own vision for the game and are happy to succeed or fail on their own merits.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No, let's get it right: we don't have endgame because there's no such thing. Pick any 3 players and ask what endgame would be and you get 3 different answers. Everyone thinks that they know exactly what would be the best thing since melted Vobi butter, and everyone else thinks that person is, just a bit crazy. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect individual opinion on what endgame is. But are u also saying that the developer don't have their endgame content in their mind when develop a game? What about their attempt to implement something like Syndicate, Focus system, EOS and now, Arbitration which at the end didn't serve their purpose.

4 hours ago, (XB1)BKRS Veeco said:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIF YOU DONT LIKE THE GAME GLADLY GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE!!! 🙂

lets face it, no game successfully pulls pvp and pve focus, one out shines the other or they both suffer.

I would like to differ on that last point, even though I pretty much agree on everything else you said. Because I played WoW a lot on its different periods and it always had good PvE and PvP. But that's just my opinion and it's a traditional MMO anyway.

That's all.

Problem with OP is if devs focus on something it takes away their working power from other stuff, so you can't have them focus on just whatever you want, but on what the community wants. And seeing how Warframe shines much more on PvE (opinion again, but you can find a lot of people agreeing to this and a lot more PvE than PvP content) I'm gonna assume community, at least the players who stay, prefer the PvE here.

22 minutes ago, zteeldragon said:

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect individual opinion on what endgame is. But are u also saying that the developer don't have their endgame content in their mind when develop a game? What about their attempt to implement something like Syndicate, Focus system, EOS and now, Arbitration which at the end didn't serve their purpose.

They generally seem to serve their purposes quite well. But that purpose is not "endgame". Nor will the onion-mecha-spiders be "endgame". 

The problem is when players try to hold what they got up to their individual expectations, which causes them to reeeeeee about how this is not what: they wanted/were promised/the game needed. (mix and match as you like). 

The game is what it is. It's constantly evolving despite claims of content drought. It's a good game. Yes each of us has a different idea of what we'd like to see the game do next, no DE isn't going to be able to make that happen for all of us. 

There's no endgame here. There may eventually be one, but it's not going to be what most of us are hoping for. Give them time to give us something good. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

They generally seem to serve their purposes quite well. But that purpose is not "endgame". Nor will the onion-mecha-spiders be "endgame". 

The problem is when players try to hold what they got up to their individual expectations, which causes them to reeeeeee about how this is not what: they wanted/were promised/the game needed. (mix and match as you like). 

The game is what it is. It's constantly evolving despite claims of content drought. It's a good game. Yes each of us has a different idea of what we'd like to see the game do next, no DE isn't going to be able to make that happen for all of us. 

There's no endgame here. There may eventually be one, but it's not going to be what most of us are hoping for. Give them time to give us something good. 

I would say that those mission types I mentioned were design to be endgame well it was out of Steve mouth in Dev stream anyway but yeah we can't get anything we want so maybe this is why we might want to give DE feedback about what most of us hoping for. Its a good game, so yeah, I love to see it thrive and appeal to hardcore fan as well.

3 hours ago, Goodwill said:

Since you brought up Monster Hunter which is a good subject for "slow" gameplay, I'm going to humor it. In Monster Hunter World, the game is generally considered "slow". The average player could take anywhere between 10 - 20 minutes to complete a hunt. However, a good player would take less than 10 minutes and a great player would take 3 minutes or less. Which is faster than what majority of Warframe missions take despite being a slow game. What Monster Hunter World shows is where player skill is a factor in speed. The better you are, the faster you clear stuff. In Warframe, there is no such skill difference. Even new or bad players can clear a mission as fast as a skilled player because the ceiling is that low. In saying that, it's not like there isn't any great players (in terms of speedrunning) in Warframe, but I've yet to see one (in person) and I assume are very few. They would be the players who could navigate a stage while spamming mobility skills and who'd never get clipped or caught on a wall or object.

To sum it up, in MHW the difference in skill between a new player and an experienced player can be 10 minutes+. In Warframe, the difference may only be less than a minute. I wouldn't mind if Warframe found a way to widen that skill discrepency.

Unfortunately that's impossible for Warframe. The casual audience won't allow it

9 hours ago, zteeldragon said:

sigh* didn't they notice that which demographic is the one keeping their game alive

Yes. The larger one that plops down money. Haven't you checked Darvos deals to see that some of them sell occasionally? I guarantee you it isn't hardcore grind players buying that stuff. It's the casuals who either don't know better,  or who don't mind spending to save some time.

30 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Yes. The larger one that plops down money. Haven't you checked Darvos deals to see that some of them sell occasionally? I guarantee you it isn't hardcore grind players buying that stuff. It's the casuals who either don't know better,  or who don't mind spending to save some time.

Yep - and trading to earn plat seems like such hard (and risky) work. Far easier (and safer) to just buy it. :laugh:

A few things.

One, Warframe doesn't need to be slower, it needs to be faster. Enemies lumber to get to objectives. People ask for higher spawn rates. We have an entire Speed Nova build to compensate for crying out loud. They don't need to be super fast when engaging in combat—that's our specialty—but they shouldn't take years to actually get somewhere or wait until a blue moon to pop from behind cover, either.

Two, PvP can happen, but DE should find some kind of PvP the team is really passionate about. I think passion is what generates DE's best ideas. The current Conclave is pretty much abandoned by the designers, with only programmers throwing in the occasional bugfix (I suspect because they happened upon it when code reviews came about). It feels like nobody wants to work on PvP. Compare that to Saryn, who Pablo gave a rework not that long ago pretty much just because he came up with an idea. That may mean uprooting a chunk of current Conclave, or maybe tweaking it some way or another, but I think either solution would be better than letting it stagnate.

12 hours ago, sorinmarkauv said:

hey DE

i really love your game. i buy new games like dark souls remsastered, dark souls 3, seikeo, monster hunter world, BUT i still spend almost half my time here. i really enjoy everything you have done to make this game what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something i was LOST in before playing this was League of legends, im not particularly proud of that but i want to bring something up. id love to have more things like ds, mhw, and pvp lol, and dreadnaught added to this game.

ive seen the pvp, i think its cool but maybe we could get something like a warframe twist on MOBAs added. im not saying this because of the overwhelming support for it but making a good version of this or DREADNAUGHT (a underdeveloped format of pvp that people wont be harsh on, Because we know people are harsh.) should be added. a SLOW pace type gamestyle vrs what we have going on now. the reason why i say bring in pvp is because of how relavent (for example fortnite, dota, pubg, CSgo, Lol) pvps are. many people who play pvps are not LACKING in content because given a persons interaction possibilities are endless, and instead of needing to force SO MUCH new weapon drive and push twoard more and more and more and more and more content, you could just keep tweaking the pvp a bit and it will be a little more stable in player base. you will get them and keep them like so many other pvps have. it might be really nice. you could also Limit when bullet jumps are used in other formats and then fix a lot of your mobility problems too (when porting to pvp, i like our current mobility)

on adding other aspects like Monsterhunter or Dark souls, i mean adding a slower game style. i love the twitch gameplay but remember all your competetors like destiny have slow gameplay, halo you moved slow jumped slow interacted slow. slowwing down certian aspects of the game in Key battles. more health, (like eidolons) but less spammy. might help. slow attacks that all instakill no matter what. (dont allow for obvious things like operator mode doging) it could make harrow op but lots of other frames have near invincible abilities too. it would be cool to see how WARFRAME adopts Slow bosses instead of as much SPEED as it does have. only because it could change how we approach certian things. heists in gta and the heists in desteny take 50 minutes to finish. maybe give us a format that helps us get more forma consistantly (at end game) so much forma blueprints to build every weapon from the dojo, what 20 weapons that need forma????? need some more help. investing like 8 forma in pre buff tiberon just shows how much we can blow through it before we even hit max mr ranks. 

Not just no, but hell no.

14 hours ago, sorinmarkauv said:

hey DE

i really love your game. i buy new games like dark souls remsastered, dark souls 3, seikeo, monster hunter world, BUT i still spend almost half my time here. i really enjoy everything you have done to make this game what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something i was LOST in before playing this was League of legends, im not particularly proud of that but i want to bring something up. id love to have more things like ds, mhw, and pvp lol, and dreadnaught added to this game.

ive seen the pvp, i think its cool but maybe we could get something like a warframe twist on MOBAs added. im not saying this because of the overwhelming support for it but making a good version of this or DREADNAUGHT (a underdeveloped format of pvp that people wont be harsh on, Because we know people are harsh.) should be added. a SLOW pace type gamestyle vrs what we have going on now. the reason why i say bring in pvp is because of how relavent (for example fortnite, dota, pubg, CSgo, Lol) pvps are. many people who play pvps are not LACKING in content because given a persons interaction possibilities are endless, and instead of needing to force SO MUCH new weapon drive and push twoard more and more and more and more and more content, you could just keep tweaking the pvp a bit and it will be a little more stable in player base. you will get them and keep them like so many other pvps have. it might be really nice. you could also Limit when bullet jumps are used in other formats and then fix a lot of your mobility problems too (when porting to pvp, i like our current mobility)

on adding other aspects like Monsterhunter or Dark souls, i mean adding a slower game style. i love the twitch gameplay but remember all your competetors like destiny have slow gameplay, halo you moved slow jumped slow interacted slow. slowwing down certian aspects of the game in Key battles. more health, (like eidolons) but less spammy. might help. slow attacks that all instakill no matter what. (dont allow for obvious things like operator mode doging) it could make harrow op but lots of other frames have near invincible abilities too. it would be cool to see how WARFRAME adopts Slow bosses instead of as much SPEED as it does have. only because it could change how we approach certian things. heists in gta and the heists in desteny take 50 minutes to finish. maybe give us a format that helps us get more forma consistantly (at end game) so much forma blueprints to build every weapon from the dojo, what 20 weapons that need forma????? need some more help. investing like 8 forma in pre buff tiberon just shows how much we can blow through it before we even hit max mr ranks. 

Edited by (XB1)Thy Divinity
Duplicate