Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow-Spawn

The first week of November is here!

As the first week of November has just begun, I wonder how likely is it, that we will see some awesome red Fortuna launching text this week?!

Not likely. If all things would go ideally they'd release it this week but that would often mean the product would not have polishing or bug fixing to do. Being a Software Development student myself it is actually quite difficult to sometimes fix bugs. Not because they are difficult to identify but they are difficult to understand why and how to fix them. This is simply because code follows certain logic and sometimes a perfectly valid code can break because the console does not prefer the specific type of code (even if it were appropriate).

we are lucky if we get it next week.

would have been nice because of the extra time due to the holiday

34 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Not likely. If all things would go ideally they'd release it this week but that would often mean the product would not have polishing or bug fixing to do. Being a Software Development student myself it is actually quite difficult to sometimes fix bugs. Not because they are difficult to identify but they are difficult to understand why and how to fix them. This is simply because code follows certain logic and sometimes a perfectly valid code can break because the console does not prefer the specific type of code (even if it were appropriate).

There is always polishing and bug fixing to do, it's usually a matter of polish being "up to par" and bugs not being game breaking.  However, after a point, it's impractical to expect your in-house manpower sift out even every game breaking bug, as millions will comb over everything and by sheer statistical weight, someone's going to find the ones you missed in-house.

Ergo, it's more about polish and taking care of the nastiest, most glaring bugs and in some cases, ripping out things that aren't immediately necessary to have at launch.

Mostly, One need only look at DE's release history to form an idea of when Fortuna will launch.

1 hour ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

As the first week of November has just begun, I wonder how likely is it, that we will see some awesome red Fortuna launching text this week?!

Incredibly unlikely, DE have a terrible habit of over-expecting how soon they'll be done with an update and then delaying it. If we're lucky it'll be out at the end of next week, and even that I'm highly skeptical of. 

Fortuna in 2-3 weeks minimum me thinks. 

Given that just a day ago there was "lots left to clean up on the design side", hmmm.

The ARG thing about V Prime was probably a hint at the date since V is the roman numeral for 5

So it could potentially release on the 5th.
The 5th is technically the first week of November.

This thread was not meant to hype it more or put extra pressure on DE (they are doing that just fine themselves as they have set their own release schedule target - to the first week of November)

However, I was just curious, how likely it is, that DE will actually launch it - or delay it.

I also agree, that there will still be bugs, when it's launched - so hotfixes will also be expected as a natural part of the Fortuna release schedule.

Furthermore, everything usually gets delayed in software development - and that usually pushes the release dates, if the games are not ready yet. (EA excluded naturally) 😉

11 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

This thread was not meant to hype it more or put extra pressure on DE (they are doing that just fine themselves as they have set their own release schedule target - to the first week of November)

Yeah, right oh lol

They said something about how their ideal would be today. But this is still Warframe, the ideal release is rarely, if ever, the reality.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

They said something about how their ideal would be today.

No. People ought to stop spreading misinformation. They said the first week of November. This really isn't that. That's next week/

Just now, LupisV0lk said:

No. People ought to stop spreading misinformation. They said the first week of November. This really isn't that. That's next week/

I'm pretty sure that they said 1st somewhere, and I'm not really that interested in finding it as I also said,

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

But this is still Warframe, the ideal release is rarely, if ever, the reality.

Basically, that whatever they said shouldn't be taken as truth anyway. It's a moot point. Whether they said the 1st of November or the 1st week, they're unlikely to hit it either way.

1 hour ago, schilds said:

Given that just a day ago there was "lots left to clean up on the design side", hmmm.

specific day = ?

on a canadiand keyboard the "?" is on the 6

tuesday is 11/6 but [DE]lays of a day are normal

wednesday is 11/7 or in the european format 7/11

7/11 is a chain of stores 7+11 = 18

18 divided by 6 is 3

Half Life 3 confirmed

Did people forget about timezones? For a part of the world, such as where I am, it is November 1st, which does indeed make it part of the first week of November.