[DE]Megan

PC: Where Is Fortuna?

3 minutes ago, Accaliah said:

a public test server would really be a blessing for DE considering how buggy some of the major releases can be, and i think that is the difference between them and other dev groups, the lack of a test server basically makes the pc verson the testing grounds for bug stomping

considering how often we see upgrades being purchased and deployed before big updates atm seems oonly atm they dont really have the hardware for such a testing server. while it'd be nice would haveto require people to willing basicly do what they do on the production servers Twice and theres a good deal who wouldnt be willing to re-grind.  it's a good idea on paper but how DE could execute it , it could be wasted time and resources. (edit: i have no idea WHY my forum-Profile glyph/icon keeps changing X_X)

Edited by CaelThunderwing

43 minutes ago, Accaliah said:

i can agree with that, release it today, fix bugs over the course of wed, thurs & friday, please for the love of tenno dont release it friday night and let us suffer all the bugs that could have been easy hotfixes

I was thinking of this today.

• Like 1

"Typically things get a bit...louder when an update like Fortuna is soon."

Well, Steve has tweeted four times in the last two hours (as opposed to his usual average of once every couple of days) and the Solaris United Discord is asking a series of questions to get hundreds (if not thousands) of people tweeting #LiftTogether. Is this what was meant by louder?

• Woah 2

For those concerned with the release of Fortuna and the """rushed""" release of PoE, I would say that they did have QA test things, but QA has a finite amount of staff members that can test functionality of new and old features. If someone finds a bug, they'll try to have another staff member try to reproduce the bug so that it can be tracked and hopefully fixed as soon as the main team can. If it can't be reproduced... the results are varying from studio to studio, but it's likely that DE still keeps a note of said bug and waits for confirmation from the players, as it's possible a bug can result from a player's progression in the game that leads to the bug, making it rarer to track and fix.
Anyway, I'd say wait and hope that the Orb Vallis is released in a state that doesn't completely break someone's account, and I'll be happy with the new content. Game crashes suck, but as long as significant amount of progress isn't lost, I'll be content.

Just now, Tolstoy said:

Anyone who can tell how long is steve's "last minute"?

I know Steve usually starts streaming on Periscope when the release is a few hours away...

Soon intensifies, keep sooning.

Soon

• Haha 1

All this soon and soon and soon, mixed with all this tease just makes my tenno fiber go into Iron skin.

The anxiety is real

i think it might be a while.... last ARG pointed to a new operative, nickname thursby.... wich is too similar to thursday to be a simple coincidence, i fear

TL/DR: Release on Thursday

Short info:

The last post from The Business at the ARG-Discord server (Alternate Reality Game) was this Picture.
People translated it and come with this: 
The name is "U-2278", which is ≸, a Unicode Character 'NEITHER LESS-THAN NOR GREATER-THAN' (U+2278).
The Alias is thursby.

Combine this you get an pretty simple message. Neither sooner than nor later than thursday...

Edited by Tolstoy
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3

11 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

TL/DR: Release on Thursday

Short info:

The last post from The Business at the ARG-Discord server (Alternate Reality Game) was this Picture.
People translated it and come with this: 
The name is "U-2278", which is ≸, a Unicode Character 'NEITHER LESS-THAN NOR GREATER-THAN' (U+2278).
The Alias is thursby.

Combine this you get an pretty simple message. Neither sooner than nor later than thursday...

You guys are really into warframe world, for translate this.

vor 1 Minute schrieb KlampFer:

You guys are really into warframe world, for translate this.

I will pass the Kudos to the people there^^ i was just bring it here for all interessted ones^^ 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Daziri said:

I wish oneday DE would make a Public Testing Environment, you can squash the bugs if there are people helping. And as many have already pointed out, I rather go release 4tuna now and track as many bugs as possible so 4tuna can be playable during the weekend at the very least.

10 hours ago, Accaliah said:

a public test server would really be a blessing for DE considering how buggy some of the major releases can be, and i think that is the difference between them and other dev groups, the lack of a test server basically makes the pc verson the testing grounds for bug stomping

There is a ptr of sort but its only for founders if my memory server me correctly

Wonder if some tenno looked thru my instagram picks and thougth. Faq who is This dashing rogue on my screen? 

Wonder if eny one ever searched bout me on the net? 

Oh Well no orokin secrets were leakked

22 minutes ago, coolteemu said:

Wonder if some tenno looked thru my instagram picks and thougth. Faq who is This dashing rogue on my screen? 

Wonder if eny one ever searched bout me on the net? 

Oh Well no orokin secrets were leakked

Wat

Edited by Sleepuinox

4 hours ago, coolteemu said:

There is a ptr of sort but its only for founders if my memory server me correctly

First I've heard of it.

:nerd: Why are the devs so quiet these days

normal they would flush out the forums with so much information and now its like the feeling that the whole department is on holiday

C'mon Devs give us something to melt for :tongue: 

If i where an dev i would have added 1 new weapon to the system before release an new update .. so we can get oure minds of this teasing for an moment

-- Almost gonna need an Cryo Stasis Pod and hope that they will wake me up when they deployed the Fortuna

11 hours ago, (PS4)RebelSergeant said:

For those concerned with the release of Fortuna and the """rushed""" release of PoE, I would say that they did have QA test things, but QA has a finite amount of staff members that can test functionality of new and old features. If someone finds a bug, they'll try to have another staff member try to reproduce the bug so that it can be tracked and hopefully fixed as soon as the main team can. If it can't be reproduced... the results are varying from studio to studio, but it's likely that DE still keeps a note of said bug and waits for confirmation from the players, as it's possible a bug can result from a player's progression in the game that leads to the bug, making it rarer to track and fix.
Anyway, I'd say wait and hope that the Orb Vallis is released in a state that doesn't completely break someone's account, and I'll be happy with the new content. Game crashes suck, but as long as significant amount of progress isn't lost, I'll be content.

We know that Plains barely worked on release, particularly since it broke the 32 bit OS release's memory guidelines and had memory leaks until at least December. Then we had bounties that didn't finish, caches in closed caves, and Eidolons rewards going underground among the most fun. So, while it is true that DE has limited Quality Assurance, it is not adequate or effective compared to the normal response (since DE does not play the game generally speaking according to DE Steve - time if nothing else) - we on PC are the real Quality Control - this has been supported numerous times Warframe's history so far. That said, DE is much better than the reckless abandon of Bethesda or the profound negligence and apathy of EA studios so I don't expect any to delete the game and all its files regularly; kill hardware; or keep frame rates in control of move and attack speed to name a few. DE takes note of what they acknowledge as an issue, but are not omniscient, and if you don't see them saying they see a bug, its usually safe to see they aren't considering it real yet - like the channeling or block on triggers controller issue and archwing not running based on controller bindings right now which has been the case since Update 23 launched. Folk don't consider Plains rushed in actual time, but in bugs that should have shown from basic playing over as with Onslaught and Arbitration; which they were on our side.

2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

We know that Plains barely worked on release,

I played on PC release. I'm pretty certain that I just had long load times and two occasions where it booted me out to the Orbiter, but to me that's not 'barely workable.' It is surprising to see that people are using 32-bit OSes and are gaming on them, but then it is possible that a PC manufacturer like HP would preload their hardware with those.
Anyway, I'm not stating that they're infallible, but generally studios DO have QA teams, but there are two issues that can arise for "bug tracking"- not having enough people to find them all before a product launches, and coders / artists ignoring issues.

5 hours ago, Sleepuinox said:

Wat

1 hour ago, SolarDwagon said:

First I've heard of it.

It was on mogamu wideo when cetus was im development. 

Partners and founders got to test it out and hung for bugs if i Remember correct Ly. 

My memory is bad i admit it. But that is what i remember. 

And if you look at some of the cetus vids there is some players and i doubt they all are on DE's pay roll or In the same building. 

But yee i derailed my self again

Tldr i hard it and bad memory. My Word is what it is

vor 1 Stunde schrieb coolteemu:

It was on mogamu wideo when cetus was im development. 

Partners and founders got to test it out and hung for bugs if i Remember correct Ly. 

My memory is bad i admit it. But that is what i remember. 

And if you look at some of the cetus vids there is some players and i doubt they all are on DE's pay roll or In the same building. 

But yee i derailed my self again

Tldr i hard it and bad memory. My Word is what it is

The bigger streamer were already at DE playing the new update.. The youtuber MCGamerCZ already released a video about it.

Other youtubers like TacticalPotato also have early access to fortuna, which i kinda find annoying cus if they can release it early for specific people, then i don't see why they can't release it to the public. 

It'd be best for DE to just release fortuna now or sometime today, or tomorrow at the very least. I have no idea why they're delaying it. To try and build up more hype for it? Or is there still stuff to sort out, despite the fact that partners already have access to fortuna?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Other youtubers like TacticalPotato also have early access to fortuna, which i kinda find annoying cus if they can release it early for specific people, then i don't see why they can't release it to the public. 

Where did you get that from? They're all waiting for it just like us, at best they might get a minor heads up that the patch is incoming but they wont get any new content before we do.

• Haha 1