[DE]Megan

PC: Where Is Fortuna?

7 minutes ago, Stormxdragon said:

Where did you get that from? They're all waiting for it just like us, at best they might get a minor heads up that the patch is incoming but they wont get any new content before we do.

TacticalPotato has a video of him playing fortuna.

Other youtubers such as MCGamer and AGGP also have videos of them playing fortuna early

Edited by crimsonspartan1

9 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Other youtubers like TacticalPotato also have early access to fortuna, which i kinda find annoying cus if they can release it early for specific people, then i don't see why they can't release it to the public. 

It'd be best for DE to just release fortuna now or sometime today, or tomorrow at the very least. I have no idea why they're delaying it. To try and build up more hype for it? Or is there still stuff to sort out, despite the fact that partners already have access to fortuna?

The partners got to try a development build, which means the stats of the new things were not nessicarily the ones we get in the release build. 

They might have been told to stay away from some things with known bugs, and given they knew it most likely contained game braking bugs they would have given sensible bug reports.

As is, for all we know, the dev build may well have more bugs than Plains of Eidolon had at release, and noone wants Fortuna to have as a rough start.

• Upvote 1

they're allowed to play only a few hours so they can a) report bugs and b) take some videos to hype the people and kinda make more advertisment for it.

And @crimsonspartan1, i cant remember DE did ever call out a date... They're very careful with that. The ever first statement about fortuan release was last quarter of 2018, then they stated in a stream "maybe" somewhere in november. the last prediction was in a devstream "first November week"... and here we are at the first november week.

Just give DE time to fix progression- and crash-bugs since no one wants to play unfinished content...

A select few got to try dev build but its hardly same as getting early access, the version they see is probably barely the same as the live version. And content creators all likely use dev stream footage as if they did get to see anything themselves they were likely bound by a non disclosure agreement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darksouls40k said:

I DEmand Fortuna, NOW !!!

Is DE even awake right now?

Edit: If memory serves, they start work at 10:00, ET, it's currently before then. So, no, 'right now' isn't going to happen.

Edited by Loza03

5 hours ago, (PS4)RebelSergeant said:

I played on PC release. I'm pretty certain that I just had long load times and two occasions where it booted me out to the Orbiter, but to me that's not 'barely workable.' It is surprising to see that people are using 32-bit OSes and are gaming on them, but then it is possible that a PC manufacturer like HP would preload their hardware with those.
Anyway, I'm not stating that they're infallible, but generally studios DO have QA teams, but there are two issues that can arise for "bug tracking"- not having enough people to find them all before a product launches, and coders / artists ignoring issues.

If your recommended specs and minimum specs say it works and you haven't tested the build to see if it can work, that means you didn't even try. Folk using GPU with less than 2GB had fun long waits in the doors of Cetus as well; you ideally wanted 4GB since the Plains could spike to 3.5 GB of total loaded grapics assets resulting in a crash to desktop with an "out of memory" error. That is likely one of the reasons DE decided to phase out all 32 bit, and older gpu (though MS phasing out older XP and Vista os which are the primary 32 bit version used didn't stop MS from still having 32 bit versions of 8,81., and 10 still released today) and Nvidia closing off any drivers for GPU older than the 700 series, Warframe as stated needs at least 2 GB of video ram going forward (it really already did if you wanted to play certain missions or for a decent period of time). And this, as far as I can tell from tweets, forum, and devstreams was not really tested.

I think it's time for them to announce the date, it's already wednesday, or are you again going to show that "This week" means the end of the week? You can't keep saying this week if it's always the last day, you might aswell announce the last day of the week as the release date then.

21 hours ago, CaelThunderwing said:

after the horrible mess PoE Released on a *LATE* Friday? i Sincerely hope not. Fortuna has teh same potential to break just as horribly on launch. its best they do tomorrow/thursday. so they have time to fix showstopping bugs

Agreed with that. Doesnt seem to best a winning strategy to release that way. Week-end skeleton crew is not ideal. If they can release earlier, iron out on thursday and friday, they have more chance of enjoying a relaxing weekend of success.

3 minutes ago, HallowedFlux said:

I think it's time for them to announce the date, it's already wednesday, or are you again going to show that "This week" means the end of the week? You can't keep saying this week if it's always the last day, you might aswell announce the last day of the week as the release date then.

They already did it
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1023847-pc-where-is-fortuna/?do=findComment&comment=10282308

It would be great if you could download some things from Fortuna in advance, like textures for example, for those who have slow internet.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

yeah, if they released it today, they can use 2 extra days of hardcore fixes and eventually a bonus working day on Saturday, because everytime even with the smallest update something breaks , let alone a milestone massive update like this one coming, but knowing DE i really have no faith in a Wednesday release and i'm afraid we'll see this update too on a friday so they'll sleep over at their HQ....

But who knows, maybe this time DE will surprise us and release it today lol

6 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

Hype leads to Hyperventilation.

Musical interlude

Man of culture i see. 

2 minutes ago, xcenic said:

Man of culture i see. 

O Fortuna by Carl Orff has already been posted, so...

For the appreciator of the 80s gotesque aestethic, the previous Venus might do. 

If you are an artsy-fartsy rock-n-roll purist, you might prefer this one: 

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb HallowedFlux:

That's just speculation hun. No official wording on it, Thursby could easily be just a name, DE has a knack for using weird names.

sure it's not "straight forward" but after the whole ARG is this pretty solid. And it wouldn't make any sense to post a picture after the ARG was completed.

3 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

TacticalPotato has a video of him playing fortuna.

Other youtubers such as MCGamer and AGGP also have videos of them playing fortuna early

Are u sure that isn't devstream? If they play the public server like everyone else, they wouldn't get access to it. It wouldn't make sense

• Upvote 1

hace 1 hora, jose72 dijo:

It would be great if you could download some things from Fortuna in advance, like textures for example, for those who have slow internet.

will be extra super great !! xD my speed 100kb/s  imagine how long will take full update

• Like 1
  • Woah 2

4 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

sure it's not "straight forward" but after the whole ARG is this pretty solid. And it wouldn't make any sense to post a picture after the ARG was completed.

As a debrief, there could easily be another picture. unless it's officially stated by one of the devs, i'm not believing anything. The grinch leak showed us as much with super smash bros, so much seemed right, but alas, he was wrong.