[DE]Megan

PC: Where Is Fortuna?

They are working, people... Have patience, even if you're already tired of having it...

@[DE]Megan, keep up the good work. The most important thing is that it gets delivered properly, as stable as it should be. 😛

Thank you for letting me get my bigger final exam out of the way before launching, you are truly the most generous of developers!

(Seriously, who actually expected the update this early?)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I expect it to be launched by next week, if not mid November. I know players will say they said today it would be launched being early November, but I was reading between the lines that it would be possibly today but not a 100% chance that it was going to be today from hearing it from Steve speak and being that Garuda is going to be launched with the update that really makes me think of another two weeks at most at the latest as someone who knows what testing can really be like.

since we are getting a server upgrade on the 5th, i wouldnt expect it between now and the 5th, sometime after that most likely

for everyone being super salty and crestfallen about no update today: do you want to want it to be bad? is having it now worth having it release in a way DE thinks is unrelesable?

if you cannot wait (upto) two weeks for a free update to a free game for it to be all that it can be you deserve to wait.

3 hours ago, Zuhan said:

Incorrect, they said in Devstream 118 "November 1st that's sort of our target that first week of November"

https://imgur.com/a/TIluljp

They did say Nov 1st......

Perhaps you are hard of hearing, so allow me to subtitle this for you and everyone else griping so much since simply listening is apparently difficult nowadays...

From 10 Seconds on...

"So as you guys know we don't like to give release dates, but we will give you a release window. We're hoping for starting November 1st (that's sort of our target that first week of November...November one to November to y'know...first week dates)." ~[DE]Rebecca

Edited by Prime-Ares
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

I just honestly hope it doesn't release a friday, I'm pretty we don't want another PoE. Take as much time as possible and don't forget evacuate the stress to 😄. Love the work! ❤️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

Perhaps you are hard of hearing, so allow me to subtitle this for you and everyone else griping so much since simply listening is apparently difficult nowadays...

From 10 Seconds on...

"So as you guys know we don't like to give release dates, but we will give you a release window. We're hoping for starting November 1st (that's sort of our target that first week of November...November one to November to y'know...first week dates)." ~[DE]Rebecca

"that" refers to November 1st. Which is precisely why people thought so. The first week of a month is not the first full week, but the week a month starts in. It isn't listening issues in the community, it's just knowing what November 1 to whenever you classify the end of the week by, be it November 2, 3, or even 4. 

• Woah 1

1 hour ago, Prime-Ares said:

From 10 Seconds on...

All I was saying was that she DID in fact say Nov 1st. THAT'S what people are clinging to. I NEVER once said I, MYSELF, was expecting it Nov 1st. Please don't be rude 😉 

Edited by Zuhan

46 minutes ago, Peter said:

In a parallel universe:
45246018_1885041378212063_85599879582984

I like how the update is 12GB's it won't be... Probs be 3-5GB's

31 minutes ago, Zuhan said:

All I was saying was that she DID in fact say Nov 1st. THAT'S what people are clinging to. I NEVER once said I, MYSELF, was expecting it Nov 1st. Please don't be rude 😉 

1 hour ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

"that" refers to November 1st. Which is precisely why people thought so. The first week of a month is not the first full week, but the week a month starts in. It isn't listening issues in the community, it's just knowing what November 1 to whenever you classify the end of the week by, be it November 2, 3, or even 4.  

They said hoping for, there was no guarantee that it would be that date..... in essence the week starting 1st November was best case scenario but would only happen if no bugs or any issues etc cropped up.  The chance of there being nothing crop up before release was pretty much non existent considering the amount of unfixed bugs we have in the live game....

Why people assume otherwise I have no idea, we have the DElayed memes for a reason.... 

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

They said hoping for, there was no guarantee that it would be that date..... in essence the week starting 1st November was best case scenario but would only happen if no bugs or any issues etc cropped up.  The chance of there being nothing crop up before release was pretty much non existent considering the amount of unfixed bugs we have in the live game....

Why people assume otherwise I have no idea, we have the DElayed memes for a reason.... 

I agree, hence the reason why I never said I was expecting it on the first. I was only clarifying why SO MANY people were dead set on the 1st. Me personally, I expect it either by next Friday (Nov. 9th) or by Friday the following week.

However, the fact that she said the first was a bad move on her part. Should NEVER have given a date like that. Should have just said November!

Edited by Zuhan

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Howzit, PC Tenno! 

Our 'earliest' launch date for Fortuna was mentioned on the Devstream to be November 1st with a likelihood of expanding to 'early November', but I'm here to tell you it's not happening today.

Typically things get a bit...louder when an update like Fortuna is soon.

Roger roger?

P.S we did some Press in advance which mentioned the chance Garuda wouldn't make the Update. She WILL be launching with Fortuna! 

Thank you DE, very cool!

3 часа назад, SolarDwagon сказал:

Thank you for letting me get my bigger final exam out of the way before launching, you are truly the most generous of developers!

(Seriously, who actually expected the update this early?)

Nobody,except Konzu...

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

P.S we did some Press in advance which mentioned the chance Garuda wouldn't make the Update. She WILL be launching with Fortuna! 

ready-you-are-not-incomplete-your-traini

Im betting week after on Tuesday cuz this is pretty big

Edited by Purity

5 часов назад, f1r3bird сказал:

for everyone being super salty and crestfallen about no update today: do you want to want it to be bad? is having it now worth having it release in a way DE thinks is unrelesable?

if you cannot wait (upto) two weeks for a free update to a free game for it to be all that it can be you deserve to wait.

But consider this, it will suck regardsless. Also majority is salty about vain promises. Would it **** kill developers to not say anything until ITS ACTUALLY ready? Its always same bloody thing each update but this year its especially bad be cause this year is especially bad. 

6 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

But consider this, it will suck regardsless. Also majority is salty about vain promises. Would it **** kill developers to not say anything until ITS ACTUALLY ready? Its always same bloody thing each update but this year its especially bad be cause this year is especially bad. 

That's the only thing that bothers me lol. It's like flaunting a steak infront of a dog, and pretending to throw it every so often. It can easily tick people off. Once you're completely sure about it coming u say ahead of time, even if its like an hour or 2 before. So we don't wait in anticipation wondering if its a day or a week.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Vazriel said:

More anti-playerbase propaganda please DE.... this is how you lose customers.

To be honest I like it that they only announce a certain time frame. I too wouldn't like a mere "it's done when it's done", but that bit of information works for me since there's a lot that can go wrong if you program such intricate game stuff in a hurry. Just remember the release of Assassin's Creed: Unity