Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Planes enemy sight range

CrestfallenOne

While i like the planes one of the biggest gripes i have with it is the enormous sight range of the enemy units, they even some times fire at you at such a range where it is nearly impossible to shoot back with anything other than the longest range weapons available in the game. I wouldn't mind it as much if the enemies had similar sight range in normal missions.

This often makes gathering resources very difficult because one graneer sees you from half a kilometre away, sends up one of those little drones and suddenly you're surrounded by drop-ships, coming under mortar fire with more enemies spawning my the second. While this could be really cool if you were looking for a fight, if you are just in the planes to get the 300 gems you need for that thing the constant harassment can be an absolute pain in the backside.

With Fortuna around the corner this problem could be exacerbated when the new plains instance is released and people are trying to get the resources they need. I doubt it would be more difficult than changing a few numbers.

I agree. It would also be nice if things like bushes obstructed their view. And if they had to look for you for if you decide to run/hide as opposed to immediately knowing your position when they are alarmed. Generally stuff that makes AI seem more alive rather than mindless drones we just shoot.

Seriously?

It's quite easy to pick off Grineer on the Plains with a pistol at max draw distance (300m, not quite the half km). They hardly have a longer sight range than we do.

As for gathering resources: Kill everything in the area, then mine/fish. Most areas don't respawn if you're in it. Only when you leave and come back. For random Grineer patrols, just take a Kavat. They like to play too, heh. So resource gathering on the Plains is just simply tedious and time consuming, not difficult by any means. Except maybe at night if you're not able to handle things then, but that's another point outside the scope here.

6 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

sometime i cant see enemies as far as i was able to before and i have no idea what setting is screwing that up for me lol.

POE, is one of the few maps I use enemy radar. Countless times the enemy reappeared too close for comfort while mining.

honestly it's never really been a problem for me. even though Hitscan weapons have damage falloff now, bullets still travel in an infinitely straight trajectory with no drop (becuase it's registered as a straight line), so you can still hit distant targets without having to lead them and still deal a reasonable amount of damage per hit. the hardest part is finding them, but things like Muzzle Flash from their rifles gives their position away.