Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Missions presented as Unique Alerts; Similar to how Invasions and Fissures are Presented

MysticDragonMage

one of the biggest problems with Archwing, IMO, is how it presents itself. archwing nodes are available, but their rewards are lacking compared to simply completing ordinary missions. Archwing, in truth, is different (yet fun) gameplay with a lot less rewards than the original nodes. people can say what they want about its lack of polished gameplay or lack of gameplay, i dont think improved movement mechanics is going to fix Archwing's core issues, which is its replay-ability. in other words, i dont think it is a wise decision to place so much effort into improving a system when there is no guarantee that people will continue playing the game mode afterward. I'm also strongly against the idea of removing archwing entirely or leaving it alone to put a bigger spotlight on rail-jack. just voiding out some of the reoccurring arguments I've encountered, though i do respect every one's opinion.

earlier, I've made a few topics as to how an archwing syndicate would be the perfect solution (like how K-Drives are getting their own syndicate), but lets just think on a smaller and simpler level and say that archwing alerts simply deserve their own tab among invasions and fissures; presented as hourly alerts with valuable rewards.

as for the rewards and how they work, it would be similar to invasions; where enemy influence has grown within a certain archwing node and players must battle that enemy until the node is secure. once the area is secure, players are rewarded. rewards themselves could be Fieldron or Dentonite injectors depending on the enemy influencing the node, archwing weapon parts, Orokin catalysts/reactors for special events, or new archwing exclusive resources if the team decides to introduce more archwing content afterward (honestly, it could be anything, so long as it motivates replay-ability).

with this addition gaining access to archwing for the fist time will open an opportunity to receive more rewards as well as present more archwing mission difficulty variety.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

Lol, Kuva. I'd love to see the reactions when people realize that they had been asking for more kuva missions but DE puts it behind Archwing. 

We raid the Kuva Fortress XD

Could be called Kuva Heist and it lights up once like Kuva Floods do whenever the fortress moves.

Edited by Erytroxylin

2 minutes ago, rsod25 said:

For me personally archwing has horrific controls. There needs to be some alternative way to control it or some way to adjust it very precisely before archwing missions will be something common.

By chance are you using the normal or experimental control scheme? 

Cause I think when they first switched it over and a lot of people (myself included) hated the new experimental controls and they finally got around to re-adding the old control scheme, they still had the game default to the experimental controls. I'm not sure if it still does that or not but that might be a place to check cause I love AW and I absolutely hated the experimental control scheme. 

Not sure if an alert would help when the main problem is the missions.

Either you have no room to fly around. or conversely the other way around.

there isn't any emphasis on doing the archwing missions - i mean we have 0 incentive to do any of them, and they aren't really in the storyline enough* - 

leveling is very slow - mostly due to the mob count not being that great,

50m affinity range in maps that are huge. should be 500 reasonably.

the range of abilities are essentially useless in the open maps (like persuit interception, pretty much all of them in the right tileset). 

the jordas golem is a pretty good example of what they can do right in archwing, ironically nobody does it because all the content before is is lacking af. and the only reward is warframe parts. for a outdated frame practically nobody uses - probably partly because nobody is playing archwing atm -

it also depends on the level of the mobs. even a pretty decently geared archwing user is probably going to start having trouble once the mobs reach level 50. but i am not even sure of that because i've never seen anyone willing to stay in an interception mission pass rotation A

By the way i love archwing but, they gotta fix the foundation before they build on it.

edit: they had a great chance to revive archwing in the kuva fortress and that didn't pan out. during a questline i forgot what it was. it was basically like spy.

I was so excited i was like FINALLY some archwing content. but it ended up being like one mission.

Edited by Makunogo

1 hour ago, Makunogo said:

Not sure if an alert would help when the main problem is the missions.

Either you have no room to fly around. or conversely the other way around.

there isn't any emphasis on doing the archwing missions - i mean we have 0 incentive to do any of them, and they aren't really in the storyline enough* - 

leveling is very slow - mostly due to the mob count not being that great,

50m affinity range in maps that are huge. should be 500 reasonably.

the range of abilities are essentially useless in the open maps (like persuit interception, pretty much all of them in the right tileset). 

the jordas golem is a pretty good example of what they can do right in archwing, ironically nobody does it because all the content before is is lacking af. and the only reward is warframe parts. for a outdated frame practically nobody uses - probably partly because nobody is playing archwing atm -

it also depends on the level of the mobs. even a pretty decently geared archwing user is probably going to start having trouble once the mobs reach level 50. but i am not even sure of that because i've never seen anyone willing to stay in an interception mission pass rotation A

By the way i love archwing but, they gotta fix the foundation before they build on it.

edit: they had a great chance to revive archwing in the kuva fortress and that didn't pan out. during a questline i forgot what it was. it was basically like spy.

I was so excited i was like FINALLY some archwing content. but it ended up being like one mission.

i still think the foundation of archwing isn't how the gameplay works, its how the game-mode presents itself. 

i respectfully agree with every single one of your points, but we gotta understand that even with all of the effort placed into improving every single one of those features, there is no guarantee that players will continue to play archwing; because they offer a lot less rewards than regular on-foot missions and because there is no variety of challenges (I.E mission difficulty variety [I.E interception is only the most challenging because it is conveniently placed as the last archwing node next to Jordus, of course.])

i like to think of this concept as the first step. because if more people play arching, DE will have more of a reason to improve some of its features.