Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan stars farming

(PSN)xtharbadx

Question

I've been doing arbitrations lately since they released on console. It's been awesome fun and rewarding too, I do need tons of Endo and this is way better than farming arena.

However, as expected I've run out of Ayatan amber stars really fast, due to all the sculptures we get on the Arbitrations.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of good/efficient methods for farming Ayatan stars that is consistent and repeatable.

So far I've tried a few things, like running corpus tile sets on Pluto with a max range Limbo destroying all crates within cataclysm range, but that gives me 1-3 top stars max and I'll be lucky If one of those is amber.

Thanks in advance!

10 answers to this question

I use max range Equinox in the Void (low level extermination). Just use Main, kill one enemy, and pop every container in range. There are tons of containers in the void. Limbo can be good too, but his ult's animation takes too long for me, even with Natural Talent.

Also, I ignore lockers, because interacting with them takes too long. By the time I finish checking all lockers in a mission, I could have destroyed all containers in 2 or 3 different runs in the same node. It's just not time-efficient.

If you already know the location of the containers, run something to increase your movement speed on aura+exilus slots.

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I use max range Equinox in the Void (low level extermination). Just use Main, kill one enemy, and pop every container in range. There are tons of containers in the void. Limbo can be good too, but his ult's animation takes too long for me, even with Natural Talent.

Also, I ignore lockers, because interacting with them takes too long. By the time I finish checking all lockers in a mission, I could have destroyed all containers in 2 or 3 different runs in the same node. It's just not time-efficient.

If you already know the location of the containers, run something to increase your movement speed on aura+exilus slots.

With Master Thief you just need to run by it. IMO if you are hunting stars you miss a big source of stars you're not hitting lockers.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

With Master Thief you just need to run by it. IMO if you are hunting stars you miss a big source of stars you're not hitting lockers.

Master Thief doesn't open lockers, it just has a chance of unlocking the red ones, you still need to interact with both, green lockers and unlocked lockers. In general, you can go two ways about ayatan star farming:
- Take longer to finish the mission, but check every or most lockers; or
- Focus only on containers, thus finishing the mission much sooner and starting a new one sooner as well.

I can destroy 15+ containers in a single skill in most rooms, but I can't open 15 lockers in the same timeframe. That's why I prefer focusing on containers, instead of lockers. By the time I finish interacting with a dozen lockers, I could have destroyed more than 30 containers.

Unless lockers have a confirmed higher chance of dropping ayatan stars, they will always seem like a waste of time to me.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Unless lockers have a confirmed higher chance of dropping ayatan stars, they will always seem like a waste of time to me.

So far this would be my assessment as well.

I just run a quick extermination checking every corner for lockers while running Master Thief.

Got a total of 3 stars for about 18 minutes mission time.

Doesn't seem to be worthwhile, considering I can get roughly the same just by running quick 3-5 minute missions destroying crates only.

Granted, could be just bad luck, would need to run several to get a good sample.

I have been running Lua spy with Ivara the last two days obsessively trying to master the hacks; Master Thief of course installed. I do run and smash containers manually and then run by lockers spamming "open" - I managed to get 3 amber before work in 1 run today; two were from lockers. 

I don't waste with lockers in standard missions but if I'm on a slow farm run like that it's worth the extra time to me.