Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Powerful warframes lorewise

Onyxeagle171

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

As with most of the content in this topic this is subjective based on whatever arbitrary metric you are using to evaluate power.

I mean, one could make a fairly compelling argument that being able to move independent of an operator is markedly more powerful than any other warframe. If your metric is big-gun power then sure sentience doesn't really compare, but there is no consistent metric in this debate.

At I can respect the logic of "the fastest car is the only one whose key is in the ignition"

Well, I'd say there's a few on my mind.

Ash was the patron saint of Orokin assassination, so it's safe to say he was pretty damn strong and good at his job.

Atlas was able to redirect a damn meteor spaceship in his Leverian tale.

Sevagoth, and by extension the tempestarii, were able to cause havoc and drop a massive corpus installation. 

Nova is a manipulator of antimatter.

Protea. Oh, Protea, my beloved frame. AND SHE CAN MANIPULATE TIME WHAT-

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

If we are talking raw strength we know Atlas punched an astroid one punch style, so he would be up there physically. If we go by more scientific means then either Mag or Nova simply due to their respective power over magnetism and anti matter

I'm okay with saying Nova is the most powerful lore-wise simply because she is the most powerful gameplay wise.

13 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Exactly!

...but remember: what you consider his greatest strength, the Orokin considered his ultimate weakness. They would not only consider Umbras weaker, but MUCH weaker, on the grounds he only has half a soul. Orokin believed in Duality, and that Excalibur Prime or even Excalibur Regular are far stronger than any Umbra because they have complete Duality, while the Umbras do not

13 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

...but remember: what you consider his greatest strength, the Orokin considered his ultimate weakness. They would not only consider Umbras weaker, but MUCH weaker, on the grounds he only has half a soul. Orokin believed in Duality, and that Excalibur Prime or even Excalibur Regular are far stronger than any Umbra because they have complete Duality, while the Umbras do not

Yeah, you're not going to convince me he is less powerful simply because the orokin thought his sentience was a mark of weakness. I dont believe the orokin are the heroes/good guys of the game and it was pretty obvious to me that Umbra's sentience (freedom from his shackles) is not something the orokin would want. I wouldn't be surprised if the orokin are the true villains of Warframe anyway (force behind the creation of sentients, old war, new war etc.). At the very least they are immoral by today's standards. 

I believe (this is likely way wrong) the orokin were a villainous group just like the grineer, corpus, infested etc. I think the warframes were originally orokin slave weapons that the Tenno have learned to control. Umbra is a failed warframe by Orokin standards but his will was strong enough to not let it become controlled by the orokin.

Sorry if my knoweldge of lore is poor.  Despite playing for 5 years the lores is prety confusing to me.

36 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

As with most of the content in this topic this is subjective based on whatever arbitrary metric you are using to evaluate power.

I mean, one could make a fairly compelling argument that being able to move independent of an operator is markedly more powerful than any other warframe. If your metric is big-gun power then sure sentience doesn't really compare, but there is no consistent metric in this debate.

This couldn't have been said any better. I'm just looking at how it was portrayed in The Sacrifice and overall in the mainline quests as Excalibur is quite prolific in his appearance. 

I said it from the beginning I'm not writing off or discounting other frames listed as they are all powerful within there own right.

Considering all Warframes by design are originally weapons to combat the Sentients Umbra Excalibur is specifically effective to accomplish that with Umbral Howl and Tau resistance. 

Add on the paracesis, umbral mods into that equation and he's arguably the best Warframe to combat them.

So our operator has gained multiple tools to be even more efficient at taking them down. 

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

I believe (this is likely way wrong) the orokin were a villainous group just like the grineer, corpus, infested etc. I think the warframes were originally orokin slave weapons that the Tenno have learned to control. Umbra is a failed warframe by Orokin standards but his will was strong enough to not let it become controlled by the orokin.

Sorry if my knoweldge of lore is poor.  Despite playing for 5 years the lores is prety confusing to me.

No that's... That's one hundred percent correct (except technically for Umbra's willpower, his reason for going rogue was completely separate). The Orokin were bastards to the core. They had slave labor not as a matter of economic opportunity, but because they felt slaves made for good feng shui

On 2021-03-16 at 7:35 PM, Loza03 said:

What Scott says is canon is canon. That's it. There's no ifs, no ands, no buts. What the author has written, or given their blessing to is canon. Everything else is not (multiple author shenanigans like Star Wars Legends notwithstanding). Irrespective of if you agree with the writing decision or not, by definition, what it is that Scott writes is what happened in the fictional universe of FnaF. He has the authority to make that call, and we do not. The Fnaf 4 incident being the bite of '85 is canon - regardless of if it was originally planned or a retcon.

Again, when theorising, you have to build that theory on what is already canon - that is ultimately the clarifying factor that sets a theory apart from other sorts of fanon (similar to how an AU is distinct from a fan work that fills a gap in the story). If its your headcanon that Umbra was the first Warframe based on an interpretation of subtext, I have no quarrel. I headcanon a lot of things (For example the OG Limbo became Red Text that I already talked about), and as stated, I enjoy a lot of headcanons. But if you're going to make the claim that Umbra was the first Warframe, thereby suggesting that is what the canon material suggests, I expect to see explicit canon material that suggests it is.

Frankly speaking, that material simply does not exist.

Actually, that was the Bite of '84, if memory serves.

It seems like people theorize that the Bite of '87 was due to Mangle for whatever reason.

Anywhom, carry on!

3 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Eh, it indicates sentience, not power.

In the context of warframes sentience can very much be a metric for power. Especially since warframes without operators are just lumps of metal. Umbra without an operator could just walk over to any warframe and chop its head off. Kind of a silly statement but at the same time it is certainly an expression of power when compared to non-sentient warframes who remain dormant until an operator takes control.

Kind of like Superman. Superman is super powerful but a tiny bit of kryptonite and he is in trouble. In that context kryptonite is really powerful since it can hurt something that is super powerful... but it is not dangerous in and of itself (humans aren't weak to it). I kind of look at umbra this way. He may not necessarily have the power of nova or atlas but he is potentially able to kill any warframe without assistance from an operator, given the right circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

In the context of warframes sentience can very much be a metric for power. Especially since warframes without operators are just lumps of metal. Umbra without an operator could just walk over to any warframe and chop its head off. Kind of a silly statement but at the same time it is certainly an expression of power when compared to non-sentient warframes who remain dormant until an operator takes control.

Kind of like Superman. Superman is super powerful but a tiny bit of kryptonite and he is in trouble. In that context kryptonite is really powerful since it can hurt something that is super powerful... but it is not dangerous in and of itself (humans aren't weak to it). I kind of look at umbra this way. He may not necessarily have the power of nova or atlas but he is potentially able to kill any warframe without assistance from an operator, given the right circumstances.

Ik what you're saying, but sentience doesn't equal power. It just means the warframe can act and think on it's own. Yes it's different from the normal frames given that they dont move without an operator, but it really doesn't make Umbra any stronger than another excalibur.

Just now, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Ik what you're saying, but sentience doesn't equal power. It just means the warframe can act and think on it's own. Yes it's different from the normal frames given that they dont move without an operator, but it really doesn't make Umbra any stronger than another excalibur.

Not if you're measuing power with a metric that assumes destructive capability but sentience among non-sentient beings is certainly a form of power IMO. In a forest of a million trees, the one tree with sentience would be special in a way that attributes to it a sort of value that is consistent with brute strength in a society of barbarians. To the non sentient trees a sentient tree would be like a god (I mean... this is pretty silly tbh.. non sentient beings wouldn't have any opinion one way or another...). 

I do agree that it isn't a clear indicator of power but I think it could definitely be seen as a 'form' of power. The power to overcome non-sentience, if you will. A rock that wills itself into being instead of accepting its existence as a rock.