Mag Arbitration Build

cheliel

How to Mag amongst the healer and tanks: 

image0.jpg

Setup and play style:

4 to maintain overshields on team and Mag. Mobilize to help vacuum energy, stacked health mods repair with healing aura. 

Sonicor replaces pull, so any urge to cast pull is replaced by this sidearm. This saves energy for 4. Heat sword to kill with its fire ground attacks; built for blast, corrosive status 

With Mag parkour copied from LifeofRio to get out of bad situations, Mag can stay as long as you maintain focus, Tennito. 

Edited by cheliel

20 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

nope. the drones and everything they Touch are immune to abilities.

No use of her 2nd Skill?

Thanks, so when do they explode? 

I still cast 2 on defensive chokepoints like stairs

I did realize it may be too restricted to 4, so replaced the other health mod with consitution to account for knockdowns and still cast a decent 3

MCGamerCZ said builds are templates so you can tweak as you see fit

I might tweak it again to insert greedy pull once my defensiveness towards the mode wears off 

Wouldn't recommend Rejuvenation, the 3 heal per second isn't that worth it when Mag is squishy and just get one-shot or just mowed down quickly at higher levels. I'd rather recommend you to use Corrosive Projection because -30% armour removal is a lot more useful than 3 healing per second. While on the topic of auras, you should also forma the aura slot for more capacity, so you can max some of those unmaxed mods.

You also probably don't need to use Gladiator Resolve, Vitality is probably fine if you can adopt an active play style and use mobility to reduce damage, and use her Counter Pulse augment to jam enemy weapons and give yourself time if you get in a bad situation.

Mobilize is good, but a good alternative I also like to use is Handspring on a lot of squishy frames to help me get back up quickly after a knockdown, as it makes you a sitting duck till you get back up.

35 minutes ago, --Q--TeneKay said:

Wouldn't recommend Rejuvenation, the 3 heal per second isn't that worth it when Mag is squishy and just get one-shot or just mowed down quickly at higher levels. I'd rather recommend you to use Corrosive Projection because -30% armour removal is a lot more useful than 3 healing per second. 

Corrosive Projection on Mag is a waste, she strips armor easily. Enemy Radar is your friend, makes it easier to know where to place that Magnetize, when's a good time for a Pull, when to Crush, and when to parkour like crazy.

I personally like a bit more strength and duration at the cost of efficiency and range. More duration = more armor stripped/weapons jammed (if you're running Counter Pulse), but you can make either variant work.

1 час назад, Iludra сказал:

Corrosive Projection on Mag is a waste, she strips armor easily. Enemy Radar is your friend, makes it easier to know where to place that Magnetize, when's a good time for a Pull, when to Crush, and when to parkour like crazy.

I personally like a bit more strength and duration at the cost of efficiency and range. More duration = more armor stripped/weapons jammed (if you're running Counter Pulse), but you can make either variant work.

Give this man a beer, 30% isnt 'a lot'. 100 is a lot but we talking randoms here. And mag. 

Edited by -Temp0-

Rejuvenation stacked with a health mod is ok I’ve seen her hp fill up as i parkour along.

And if the Mag knows how to maintain overshields as suggested in OP suddenly she is no longer squishy. 3 is good for burst shield refill when depleted then go back to 4 setup in OP. With the build 4 costs only 40 energy. 

OP assumes the Mag knows when to cast pull and gives Sonicor as replacement, giving Mag cheap unlimited CC potential.

Constitution i suggested now as the knockdown kill safeguard, and doubles as polarize extender. I prefer its cool animation over handspring lol 

Melee is up to you rly, I choose heat sword’s ground slam for fun and combo its ground attacks with Mag moves/Sonicor 

Since it’s allowed, I summon specters for added dps and defense. Also energy pads since energy= cc/shields. 

Thanks for everyone’s input!

BTW what damage type is equipped for the drones? Is operator beam viable? 

Edited by cheliel

1 minute ago, cheliel said:

Yes now I use operator to safely dispose of them, same skill as Vomvalyst management 

When inside Limbo’s circle I was told to use operator beam 

well cataclysm doesnt work against the enemies that are touched by drones, but something easier than Operator would be to use weapons like Ignis or Amprex with large AoE 

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

well cataclysm doesnt work against the enemies that are touched by drones, but something easier than Operator would be to use weapons like Ignis or Amprex with large AoE 

On another note I’ve seen people use Ignis on Kela to target the wheel fast. 

Back to OP, the build is still very adaptive, now i even put in coaction drift to complement rejuvenate .

As long as specters/energy/overshields are maintained, and parkour is on point you can play around with it 

Edited by cheliel

5 hours ago, cheliel said:

Back to OP, the build is still very adaptive, now i even put in coaction drift to complement rejuvenate .

As long as specters/energy/overshields are maintained, and parkour is on point you can play around with it 

coaction drift gives you about 0.9 more HP reg

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

coaction drift gives you about 0.9 more HP reg

Actually took it to a no shields nightmare alert, and was amused to watch hp tick up so fast, on everyone!

I counted rejuvenation/coaction gain around 2hp/sec. But remember this goes for all 4 members 

This setup making Mag both a shield and health support 🙂 

credit goes to lifeofrio for the rejuvenation aura idea btw 

constitution I added to the build on OP to prevent a sudden knockdown kill 

coaction drift/greedy pull not mandatory but add fun/variety 

remove mobilize, an auger mod or gladiator resolve if u will 

16 minutes ago, cheliel said:

credit goes to lifeofrio for the rejuvenation aura idea btw 

constitution I added to the build on OP to prevent a sudden knockdown kill 

coaction drift/greedy pull not mandatory but add fun/variety 

remove mobilize, an auger mod or gladiator resolve if u will 

you should really check his new Mag Video.

This one is over 2 years old.....

Not going to lie. My Mag Main senses are on fire right now, and not in a good way. You put an Eido Lens on Vanilla Mag. You have no Forma. You have no Arcanes. Like you're wasting your exilus slot on Mobilize when Arcane Consequence exist. They're common, super cheap to get. You can, right now, get a full set for 40 plt. 100% chance of 40% Parkour Velocity when you get a headshot. You don't even have Vitality maxed out. You have the right idea with the Health and using the 4 for overshields but you need to finish maxing out Vitality and ditch the Gladiator Mod. You're still missing some mods but if you should really see about upgrading to Prime. Its been a year and some change since she went back in the vault. Hopefully her unvaulting is coming back soon.

Pardon the mods, @PR1D3 but this account is newish, was originally from ps

image0.jpg

Sniper helped with the bubble, but Sonicor really helps conserve energy for 4 

Some wanted me to stay put but Mag needs to hunt for orbs/targets to build overshields. Don’t let others tell you how to play.

But some people do appreciate the continuous overshields and they type it in, just not this Nidus squad