Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydrolyst Beyond Overpowered Attack (bug?)

JakeVanV

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the hydrolyst's attack (similar to energy spike) Is almost always an instant kill.

Other attacks:

•  Hydrolyst Stops
  • Makes a noise
  • Plays an animation
  • Attacks

But the most powerful attack:

• Completely random
  • Makes a noise when it spawns, which is always too late.
  • Has no animation

Seems like its just energy spike triggering at the wrong time, seems to only happen with Hydrolyst. 

Not a uncommon occurrence, happens 4-6 times a run for me

Keep in mind in the video I'm using Arcane Nullifier (100%) mag proc resistance, 60% blessing and have max HP

This is not a bug, but actually a regular attack of the Hydrolyst. You see those green Bubbles? They tend to Spawn after the Hydrolyst does the ground slam attack with its arm, those bubbles spawn soon after and proceed to inflate and burst, creating a wave similar to Energy Spike, but not exactly like it. That's what got you.

2 minutes ago, Xavier1942 said:

This is not a bug, but actually a regular attack of the Hydrolyst. You see those green Bubbles? They tend to Spawn after the Hydrolyst does the ground slam attack with its arm, those bubbles spawn soon after and proceed to inflate and burst, creating a wave similar to Energy Spike, but not exactly like it. That's what got you.

Alright, that makes sense. but it still needs some sort of indicator or noise before they explode

Edited by JakeVanV

I think the ground slam is a pretty clear indicator already. The bubbles aren't small either. You can shoot the bubbles to cancel the explosion.

Between the ground slam and the actual explosion, there's quite some time for you to shoot all bubbles or ready yourself.

I normally just cast Blessing and tank it, or I'll switch to my operator if I'm low on energy.

Also, the explosion doesn't instantly hit you. If you position yourself from a somewhat safe distance, you'll see the explosion coming and you'll have enough time to react/avoid it.

Edited by Guest

Oof. Yeah, I could tell where this was going as soon as that video started..

As iQuedas mentioned, the attack that creates those bubbles (not to be confused with the smaller orbs that shoot homing projectiles) is the arm ground slam followed by the series of explosions that move outward. It's the same as the Teralyst's attack, only instead of those explosions all coming back in to the center after a couple seconds, they stop at a fairly wide radius and create pillars of energy shooting up from the ground. If you watch for a second you'll see these bubbles emerge and start floating upwards and getting larger until they look like they do in your video.

In addition to the methods others have mentioned (basically the same as you'd use for the energy spike, keeping in mind that the total burst damage is significantly higher), if you decide to deal with these bubbles by shooting them down, it's worth noting that they don't suffer status effects or crits. As far as I can tell, they aren't particularly susceptible or resistant to any specific damage type either. Your best bet, in this case, is to bring a secondary weapon modded for pure base dps (damage, multishot, 90%+ elemental mods, fire rate, reload).

6 hours ago, andrewd084 said:

Oof. Yeah, I could tell where this was going as soon as that video started..

As iQuedas mentioned, the attack that creates those bubbles (not to be confused with the smaller orbs that shoot homing projectiles) is the arm ground slam followed by the series of explosions that move outward. It's the same as the Teralyst's attack, only instead of those explosions all coming back in to the center after a couple seconds, they stop at a fairly wide radius and create pillars of energy shooting up from the ground. If you watch for a second you'll see these bubbles emerge and start floating upwards and getting larger until they look like they do in your video.

In addition to the methods others have mentioned (basically the same as you'd use for the energy spike, keeping in mind that the total burst damage is significantly higher), if you decide to deal with these bubbles by shooting them down, it's worth noting that they don't suffer status effects or crits. As far as I can tell, they aren't particularly susceptible or resistant to any specific damage type either. Your best bet, in this case, is to bring a secondary weapon modded for pure base dps (damage, multishot, 90%+ elemental mods, fire rate, reload).

Yep, my Hydrolyst runs have gotten significantly easier after I realized it was the bubbles exploding.

Still could use some sort of noise indicator it is about to explode though.