Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Direct loading into POE

LarryYourWaiter

Question

G’day fellow Tennos... (tenni?)

whats the go with loading direct into POE from the orbiter?  I usually go through Cetus but the other day loaded directly in and loaded straight into 3 other players doing an organised teralyst kill.  I came in with an unmodded Hek (just to hold a riven) and a zoom modded lex prime to make some distant headshots.  

I apologised to the team that I was unable to help and they didn’t seem to mind, but were they on an actual Eidolon bounty and I butted in?  What’s the ettiquette here?  They killed him easily enough and messaged me to come get some free terry loot.  (Thanks guys)

5 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

What’s the ettiquette here?

They could just have been free-roaming. You do not need to use the bounties. You can just go to PoE from the orbiter and hunt them.

If the team said "we were waiting for our friend" or something similar, I would suggest leaving. Or if they ask you to leave because you cannot help, I would leave. But if they do not mind it is fine to stay. I mean, if you tell them you cannot help they wont really expect you to.

Edited by krc473

37 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

What’s the etiquette here?

Bring at least one useful weapon or warframe (specially if you're going in at night). 
You did well by apologizing to them, but it would always be better if you are prepared to help in-case they want you to. 
As raptorman said, go private if you want to do something specific in the plains that does not require a squad. 

8 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

G’day fellow Tennos... (tenni?)

whats the go with loading direct into POE from the orbiter?  I usually go through Cetus but the other day loaded directly in and loaded straight into 3 other players doing an organised teralyst kill.  I came in with an unmodded Hek (just to hold a riven) and a zoom modded lex prime to make some distant headshots.  

I apologised to the team that I was unable to help and they didn’t seem to mind, but were they on an actual Eidolon bounty and I butted in?  What’s the ettiquette here?  They killed him easily enough and messaged me to come get some free terry loot.  (Thanks guys)

Teralyst can be hunted even without taking order from konzu, order is there just to help people organize. 

There are two options on Earth. You can select Cetus, or, next to it, are the Plains. And I would say your game was set to Everyone, not Friends Only. So, you went straight into the Plains, and it dropped you into a group. Surprise !! I had that happen when I was going there to do some low level mining with a level 5 Warframe, and appeared next to a Eidelon. Needless to say, I tan like h$ll the other way, and left the squad.