Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Nerf ?

Nagamerah

no. 

focus depend on:

enemies level; 100<90<80<70<...10

enemies faction: Grineer>corpus>Infected

what grade of lens you are using: normal<greatest<Eidolon

amount of enemies killed on convergence countdown. Fast killing frame as saryn get more focus than excalibur umbra. Saryn>Volt>rhino

affinity booster

Smeetha Kabaat Charm Buff

Too many factor can intercede on focus gain on that 50 seg. 

And due the mentioned reason above is why DE should make some change on focus System. Its RNG ober RNG for RNG.

Edited by xcenic

Recently

Running at Adaro with my Equinox 2nd abilities+eidolon zenurik and Atterax+eidolon naramon. The convergence orb appear about 3 times. About 50% killed enemies with that orb. I got only +/- 1200 focus at Equinox and +/- 1200  focus at atterax. 

Its happened at Hydron,Sedna too.

Some week ago with Saryn ( eidolon zenurik) and Ignis Wraith ( eidolon madurai). For 10 wave, I could got almost 10k for Saryn and about 8k for Ignis. 

Now : its below that before. 

Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Nagamerah said:

Recently

Running at Adaro with my Equinox 2nd abilities+eidolon zenurik and Atterax+eidolon naramon. The convergence orb appear about 3 times. About 50% killed enemies with that orb. I got only +/- 1200 focus at Equinox and +/- 1200  focus at atterax. 

Its happened at Hydron,Sedna too.

Some week ago with Saryn ( eidolon zenurik) and Ignis Wraith ( eidolon madurai). For 10 wave, I could got almost 10k for Saryn and about 8k for Ignis. 

Now : its below that before. 

Thank you.

Are... are you sure you typed in those number right?

If yes, then you are definately doing something wrong, because running Adaro yields me 40-60k focus on Equinox and 40-60K focus on zaw per mission, depending on RNG.

Even if the booster is taken out of the equation, it is still 20-30k on both.

1200 is pathetically low, even if you mean per Convergence, not per mission.

And if you say now it's even less, then it's just beyond my comprehension.

Are you SURE you cast 2 BEFORE enemy gets alerted? Are you SURE enemies are killed in one hit, so they wouldn't get alerted by the attack?

If what you say is true then the enemies being alerted may be bugged or smth.

Do you oneshot everyone including the bombards? Are you far enough away when casting sleep? Do you have any grineer/pet masters summon stuff? Are you 100% sure there is no alert going on?

Also comparing ESO with adaro is a bit unfair due to ESO granting a higher focus bonus (unless they discarded that)

Edited by Airikr

I use Mesa, Saryn and Nezha for focus farms and they do quite well. The more killing power the better.

Its also advisable to put eidolon or greater lenses in warframes because they always benefit the most (like passive focus from shared team exp) and wf kills also give affinity to your weapons, meaning that you should always use a full lense loadout for focus farms

• 3 weeks later...

I'm noticing a reduction in focus gain as well. It used to be an easy 100k run with Banshee, now you struggle to get like 70-80k consistently. I even have a screenshot of a run where i capped 370k standing in one run with a smeeta buff. Now i get the buff and i barely pull 150-170k. This has been happening for atleast 2-4 weeks

After doing some more test runs i think i've noticed what tends to happen. The stealth bonus is wearing off constantly. It seems that if the enemies are facing your direction, even if they are under the effect of silence you lose the stealth bonus... If others can confirm this to be happening, i call bullsht

EDIT: The silence sometimes doesn't even apply on the enemies. They just keep walking but have a glow like after silence expires on them... lmao

Double EDIT: My bad, i didn't swap my build. The only nerf are the sparse enemies

Edited by FiveN9ne

1 minute ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

you know that the stealth kill boosts your affinity, along with DE has removed are melees with large range no longer pass through objects making the attacks be more limited.
so your hitting less enemies with your attcks

This is irrelevant, on adaro there are very few places that this would affect you at all. Mostly because everything is open, and because you can just move instead of swinging behind line of sight

Something definitely seems to have happened because I am noticing a significant drop in focus as well.  I mostly run bounties on PoE or Orb and the focus amounts have dropped to about 25% of what I used to get on PoE.  I can't say what it would have been on Orb Vallis because all the bounties are so new.

Edited by Arocken
added more

Affinity booster does not work all the time with the focus lens, but most of the time it's just fine.
I don't understand why you cannot remove the focus lens from your warframes or weapons again - you can only replace it with another focus lens - it seems like a design oversight from DE.