Warframe Concept: Kohaku, The Samurai Warframe

(XBOX)AD Exceed

With the abundance of warframes at their disposal, the operator wants to learn how to make warframes. This warframe is built with an abnormally high number of neural sensors, (30 neural sensors for the systems, to be exact) making their reflexes and response time so much faster, which is necessary, considering they are a master swordswoman. 

As you can tell, this warframe was just built custom by the operator with ordis helping out. Not much lore here.

Her Stats: 
Health: 315
Shield: 600
Armor: 350
Energy: 275
Sprint Speed: 1.20/1.45 (This will be important)

Passive: Sharpened Edge: Every ability used will add stacks to a meter called "Focus". Focus will increase the attack speed as well as precision, which manifests as a slash proc that gets progressively stronger as stacks increase. Maximum stack count is 75 and at this number, slash procs delivered will deal 85% of damage done by this first and fourth ability.

Crescent Edge: Press to dash forward, draw and slash a targeted enemy with your exalted katana once, then sheath; doing 600 damage
 - Press and hold to assume sword drawing stance, after which, draw your katana with blinding speed, then sheath, sending forth a wave of slashing force that does 600 damage.
 - Has the stats of the Exalted Katana because that is the wepaon being used for this attack.

Tranquility/Bloodlust: Press to calm down, steadying the hands and clearing the mind. This will clear radiation procs and innoculate you against them for some time. Steadying the hands will make your strikes more precise and add stacks to the focus meter. This will increase the damage of all attacks with the exalted katana by +75% and the critical chance of Inescapable Demise and Crescent Edge by 80%

Press and hold to set Kohaku's mind and heart ablaze with burning hatred and bloodlust for her enemies. This will dull her sensation of pain, reducing damage by 85% and storing reduced damage in the exalted katana, amplifying its attack power in the next first or the fourth ability used, and allow sword slashes to leave gaping wounds, which hemorrhage profusely. Slash proc does 2% total hp as damage until the enemy dies. (Yes, they're bleeding to death, but they still have ample time to hurt and kill you. Not to mention you'll probably have killed them already, anyway) 
(Cannot use both at the same time)

Shadow Step: The abundance of neural sensors give this warframe the ability to overclock processing speed, while setting movement speed to 1.45 unless base speed is higher, perceiving everything as if time is moving at 20% regular speed, but the warframe moves in real time. (every 10 seconds is actually only 2 seconds)
- Channeled, and diverts power away from energy reserves as well as shields to make it work
- Shields will decay at a rate of 40/second spent in this state
- If used while Tranquility is active, the shield drain is reduced to 25/sec and every sword-based attack including the 1 and 4 are more precise, automatically becoming critical hits.

Ikken Hissatsu: Equip your exalted katana and let your power be known. Will stay sheathed until attacks from its specially made stance are used, or an air melee slam. Every slash will have a phantom blade extension that makes the slash longer than it really is.
- Can be modded individually and uses exclusively slash damage.

Base Stats:
Slash 300
Puncture 0
Impact 0
Critical Chance: 30%
Status Chance: 60% Improves with stacks of focus and at max focus: 90% (Come on. I know you're not going to tell me that this warframe will cut an enemy with a glowing katana, and NOT cut into them. And if they are cut into, you're NOT going to tell me that there is only a chance that they will bleed. They will bleed, every single time, because when you are cut by anything, especially a glowing sword, you bleed. But for balancing purposes, it takes one dual stat mod to get to 100%. )
Range: 10m per slash
Crit Multiplier: 3.5x

Press and hold to use Blurred Rush: While Ikken Hissatsu is active and Kohaku overclocks her processors to their very limit to perceive everything as if time has stopped. She unsheathes her katana and slashes the throats of every enemy within range after which, she sheathes. Upon sheath, she powers down her processors and everything returns to normal.
- Enemies will hold their throats and panic for a bit.
- Shields will be completely burned up
- Does (Insert current exalted weapon damage here) and applies a slash proc that gets progressively more powerful over time.
- Slash proc lasts 7 seconds, but has a tick rate of 3 times per second
- Slash proc does 100% +3/6/9/12% over the course of 7 seconds

Quick note, this warframe does not tamper with time itself. She merely processes the world around her so fast that everything seems slow to her.

Critque is welcome and your feedback will be seriously considered.

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

Was originally going to comment that those shields are too high; then read the 3rd and 4th ability so never mind. Also that energy stat is a bit high maybe reduce it to 250.

Note that 1.75 speed is ridiculous and you won't be able to control you're frame, lower the base sprint speed to 1.2 (not a lot) but make the speed increase be 1.4 (and even that's a pain to control for precise movements).

passive; sounds alright but i have a suggestion i will mention later.

1st; sounds like a better version of slash dash, speaking of, IIRC most abilities that use a weapon; such as slash dash, actually don't get buffed by the mods on exalted weapons but on mods on the equipped melee weapon, so they can be modded separately, i.e. viral+slash+status on exalted weapon but corrosive+crit on normal weapon.

2nd; i like this a lot, and you're reasoning is fine for that 2% per tick slash proc

3rd; i like the idea but the implementation is hard; if you increase warframe movement speed; it's too hard to control, but if you slow the enemies then allies will perceive them as moving slower as well. As i mentioned before; slow the warframe down a bit but also and an aura around her to slow enemies by 25% unmodable that uses the affinity radius. This way it will balance it and act as a good debuff for teammates.

4th; the base status chance should be 50%, i know your reasoning, and it's good, but remember, if you do that they can put whatever elemental combos they want and run CO without the need for status mods; this is too powerful. However, make the status chance increase with the amount of Focus stacks you have, so at max focus you get 87.5% status, add one dual stat element and you get 100%. Further, you can make the range the size of a normal ninkana/katana but make the phantom range added to it affected by Focus stacks as well. Also, i'm guessing that the Hold part of it will be like miasma where enemies in range are suddenly hit BUT we don't see anything; maybe a shadow infront of the enemy for a split second.

Overall, a pretty impressive frame and no real over the top OP, except the 4th.

As for the lore; you're going into a touchy area, some people want custom frames, others don't and are strongly against it. Also, this idea kinda sounds like an even stronger version of Excal, which is bad cause that's what Umbra is. Maybe make the lore something related to conclave/Dax, where he sends you on multiple missions to prove yourself where upon he'll give you the main blueprint but then you have to get the part blueprints from either conclave or through Arbiters/some other mission type.

Also, i've noticed that EVERY concept warframe you make, that i've reviewed, is a female, except maybe Elexon cause you didn't specify there, any reason for that or what?

7 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Was originally going to comment that those shields are too high; then read the 3rd and 4th ability so never mind. Also that energy stat is a bit high maybe reduce it to 250.

Note that 1.75 speed is ridiculous and you won't be able to control you're frame, lower the base sprint speed to 1.2 (not a lot) but make the speed increase be 1.4 (and even that's a pain to control for precise movements).

passive; sounds alright but i have a suggestion i will mention later.

1st; sounds like a better version of slash dash, speaking of, IIRC most abilities that use a weapon; such as slash dash, actually don't get buffed by the mods on exalted weapons but on mods on the equipped melee weapon, so they can be modded separately, i.e. viral+slash+status on exalted weapon but corrosive+crit on normal weapon.

2nd; i like this a lot, and you're reasoning is fine for that 2% per tick slash proc

3rd; i like the idea but the implementation is hard; if you increase warframe movement speed; it's too hard to control, but if you slow the enemies then allies will perceive them as moving slower as well. As i mentioned before; slow the warframe down a bit but also and an aura around her to slow enemies by 25% unmodable that uses the affinity radius. This way it will balance it and act as a good debuff for teammates.

4th; the base status chance should be 50%, i know your reasoning, and it's good, but remember, if you do that they can put whatever elemental combos they want and run CO without the need for status mods; this is too powerful. However, make the status chance increase with the amount of Focus stacks you have, so at max focus you get 87.5% status, add one dual stat element and you get 100%. Further, you can make the range the size of a normal ninkana/katana but make the phantom range added to it affected by Focus stacks as well. Also, i'm guessing that the Hold part of it will be like miasma where enemies in range are suddenly hit BUT we don't see anything; maybe a shadow infront of the enemy for a split second.

Overall, a pretty impressive frame and no real over the top OP, except the 4th.

As for the lore; you're going into a touchy area, some people want custom frames, others don't and are strongly against it. Also, this idea kinda sounds like an even stronger version of Excal, which is bad cause that's what Umbra is. Maybe make the lore something related to conclave/Dax, where he sends you on multiple missions to prove yourself where upon he'll give you the main blueprint but then you have to get the part blueprints from either conclave or through Arbiters/some other mission type.

Also, i've noticed that EVERY concept warframe you make, that i've reviewed, is a female, except maybe Elexon cause you didn't specify there, any reason for that or what?

Yeah... a couple of hours ago, i was playing warframe as volt and realized, that speed is too uncontrollable, except if you just want to get from point a to point b. I also did not think of the interaction with the status chance and the fact that the focus meter could be tied more closely into the implementation of the abilities.

I didn't want the slow effect to be misconstrued as Kohaku being a rip of Nova. (Because these days, similarity automatically equals plagiarism to some people)  Not to mention that lore-wise, that would be some form of time-altering. However, things tend to be different for the video game experience so i actually don't mind this.

This warframe and excalibur are both sword-based, yes, but i feel like they are just different enough to be their own seperate entity. Its like saying Loki is a rip of Nyx because he can use Irradiating Disarm, which is basically Nyx's chaos, but it disarms.

7 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Also, i'm guessing that the Hold part of it will be like miasma where enemies in range are suddenly hit BUT we don't see anything; maybe a shadow infront of the enemy for a split second.

Actually, no. I mean this would also be a way to go about it, but what i was thinking was that the enemies just stop and the warframe gets a few seconds to blitz between them and slash before sheathing, then they drop. Or maybe the warframe crouches down, draws the sword halfway, her hands vibrate really fast, then she turns around sheathes it without ever pulling the blade fully out (at least as far as we can see) but the enemies, now behind her, that were hit, just fall. But what i originally wanted, was for every slash of the exalted katana to give an enemy one stack of  "Doom" which will reduce the enemy total hp by 10% when the warframe sheathes the sword, and knock them down. So if you slashed one enemy 10 times, then sheathed, they would die no matter how high level they are. Because anything that needs to be cut into 10 different pieces is way too strong.(Excluding bosses, of course) Gameplay-wise, this means that these kills, while guaranteed will not be without effort, because you have to keep yourself safe while cutting these guys 10 TIMES.
And these enemies will be fully doomed one by one, so trying to exploit this will require much patience. Also the stacks of "doom" only last about 14 seconds before they begin to decay. So yeah... its balanced enough, i think...

Let me know which of these iterations of the 4th ability do you like the most and which one do you believe is fundamentally the best, in terms of effectiveness as well as balance!

And as for every frame i make being female, I... actually don't know myself. When i think of the name (and i spend quite some time on this actually) and i say "that's a good one", the warframe just, somewhere in the storyboarding process, ends up being female... And halfway through writing this one, i thought, "wait, every single warframe I've written up until now has been female except Elexon... i wonder if anyone, especially ANDOU will notice?" But the lore is not dependent on the gender of the warframe, so if anything, it can just be changed consequence-free.

I would probably not go with the DOOM idea, specifically because people would mod for attack speed meaning getting 10 hits on a single enemy is really easy; berserker (cause 30% crit) + primed fury + Gladiator Vice = (75% + 55% + 30%) * base attack speed; which you didn't specify, and further, attack speed also increases with movement speed, for some weapons, so to balance all that the normal attack speed would have to be slow, like 0.75; but this will then limit people to have to add those 3 mods which isn't very good.

The other option sounds better as it's really just an animation whilst enemies get killed behind/around you; which is what i meant before, sorry for the bad wording last time. This way is also more balanced and opens up plenty of builds; i.e. just go for pure damage on the exalted weapon and use it solely for the Hold ability, or mod it for stats, or crit, or hybrid to use it normally.

23 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

I would probably not go with the DOOM idea, specifically because people would mod for attack speed meaning getting 10 hits on a single enemy is really easy; berserker (cause 30% crit) + primed fury + Gladiator Vice = (75% + 55% + 30%) * base attack speed; which you didn't specify, and further, attack speed also increases with movement speed, for some weapons, so to balance all that the normal attack speed would have to be slow, like 0.75; but this will then limit people to have to add those 3 mods which isn't very good.

The other option sounds better as it's really just an animation whilst enemies get killed behind/around you; which is what i meant before, sorry for the bad wording last time. This way is also more balanced and opens up plenty of builds; i.e. just go for pure damage on the exalted weapon and use it solely for the Hold ability, or mod it for stats, or crit, or hybrid to use it normally.

For the DOOM idea, what if i make the attack speed unmodifiable? That would solve that problem. Guaranteed kills should not be easy. I never intended for that attack speed to be modifiable, like the same way exalted weapons cannot be modded with blood rush, etc. I did not specify an attack speed because i wasn't sure, because once the attack speed is set, there's no changing it. But the other idea, (which i'm calling "Blurred Rush" where you draw the sword halfway, move really fast and attack all enemies around you, then return to your spot and sheath, which the player sees as "Draw a little bit, sword hand vibrates really fast and blurry, then sheathes while turning around, back to the enemies) is a bit more flashy and cool-looking, while the doom idea is more interactive as you actually have to work for the kills.

Well the good thing about "Blurred Rush" is that it's a good "Oh Sh!t" button. Besides, it's interactive enough as an exalted weapon; cause you can use it however you want.

Adding the DOOM idea just seems like, as soon as anyone pulls the exalted weapon, there is no reason to NOT use the DOOM ability, i.e. always use DOOM. Which means that it should just have it normally, if everyone's going to use it, and just get rid of the exalted weapons stats; cause 10 slashes and any enemy is dead regardless of level.

That's my take on it atleast

6 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

Well the good thing about "Blurred Rush" is that it's a good "Oh Sh!t" button. Besides, it's interactive enough as an exalted weapon; cause you can use it however you want.

Adding the DOOM idea just seems like, as soon as anyone pulls the exalted weapon, there is no reason to NOT use the DOOM ability, i.e. always use DOOM. Which means that it should just have it normally, if everyone's going to use it, and just get rid of the exalted weapons stats; cause 10 slashes and any enemy is dead regardless of level.

That's my take on it atleast

Seems legit. Okay, consider the DOOM idea buried in the OP x20 graveyard along the the other warframes who i have nerfed down to be reasonable. Blurred Rush is cooler looking anyway, and it doesn't leave you open for long. A good samurai always has their blind spots and openings covered. What i want to add though, is that when the 4 is used while the 3 is active, you will actually be able to see what happens and change targets mid-rush, within a certain extra range. Sound good?

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

2 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

I like anime, but i don't have a waifu. You say this as if you don't like it...? Don't lie.

アニメは大好きです

I am quite open and shameless about it in the forum. But not in the Warframe context. 

I still read lot of these suggestion threads though. I just rarely comment, but if I see anime I can't resist.