Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations: who had this horrible idea?

(PSN)cleefsentence

Well, yes. Failing the mission grant you no loot except the rotational ones.

You have to properly finish the mission to get all the rewards.

Nothing new here. That's the whole concept.

The only way to get all your loots is if someone properly succeed in finishing those waves, allowing you to chose the Extraction at W30. But as you were solo, you didn't have this possibility.

Edited by Chewarette

28 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

So are you telling me that if i die i can't get the loot? Seriously why?

if u fail a mission no game will give u a real reward. why would u want to succeed then ? where is the very basic of requirements then which is actually finishing a task/mission ?

0 reason to rant/complain. u failed the mission so u dont get rewards, easy as that. u still get rotationals which is at least something.

21 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

if u fail a mission no game will give u a real reward. why would u want to succeed then ? where is the very basic of requirements then which is actually finishing a task/mission ?

0 reason to rant/complain. u failed the mission so u dont get rewards, easy as that. u still get rotationals which is at least something.

So we can have the rotation loot but not the normal loot, pretty absurd. If you want to create an elite mode made for the end game players and punish the fail don't give the rotation loot have more sense.

I failed only because something oneshotted me full health with a nidus specter with 4th active and a ancient healer specter that was granting me damage reduction (the operator has full health too) so i'm pretty annoyed right now.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

So we can have the rotation loot but not the normal loot, pretty absurd. If you want to create an elite mode made for the end game players punish the fail don't give the rotation loot has more sense.

I failed only because something oneshotted me full health with a nidus specter with 4th active and a ancient healer specter that was granting me damage reduction (the operator has full health too) so i'm pretty annoyed right now.

Yes , it has more sense that you recibe absolute no loot if you fail .... but as always , this game its desing for people without any skill and new players ... if you lose the rotation reward people would cry a lot , pretty much like you now .

1 minute ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Why you failed is irrelevant

The release notes CLEARLY spell out the conditions and terms.  I believe they went so far as to say "Get used to failure"

It's relevant, i died for a bug.

I'm imagining the arbiters at the exit of the arbitration room tell me "hey you failed so we will take all your polymers but you can keep the vitus, endo and mod. This is to punish you ya know, git good".

I already have all the rotations mods and vitus i need so this game mode can take dust until i will need endo for a new primed mod.

If it was a bug that killed you then report the bug. As to the decision to only give rotational rewards, I understand it. The point of the missions are the rotational rewards and if you just got everything when you died and failed it wouldn't be consistent with the rest of the game. 

35 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Yes , it has more sense that you recibe absolute no loot if you fail .... but as always , this game its desing for people without any skill and new players ... if you lose the rotation reward people would cry a lot , pretty much like you now .

I'm annoyed yes but i'm not crying at all bro. I have farmed all what the mode can give already in less than 10 arbitrations and died only one time so this mode is too much easy for me, this time i was farming endo for the incoming baro visit (that brings primed charged shell).

If the mode is set like this ok np good to know but for me doesn't have any sense to give you the highest reward and not the normal loot when you fail he mission. If you want to punish the fail do it in every aspect, don't be a coward.

25 minutes ago, Hitchano said:

If it was a bug that killed you then report the bug. As to the decision to only give rotational rewards, I understand it. The point of the missions are the rotational rewards and if you just got everything when you died and failed it wouldn't be consistent with the rest of the game. 

I don't need to report anything, the rotation loot were safe (wow the punishment!)  and i opened this topic just to express my "wtf" feeling. If with extraction i had no loot at all this topic it would not even exist.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

So we can have the rotation loot but not the normal loot, pretty absurd. If you want to create an elite mode made for the end game players and punish the fail don't give the rotation loot have more sense.

You can have the rotation loot because this system allows players to fight on until they die without losing everything (you WILL lose everything if you quit/abort).

Like with all and any failed missions, you will not get the extra loot (or the affinity bonus) if you fail. That is not absurd 😉.

The drawback of this system is when random pairings happens with high MR expert players and "just unlocked the starmap"-players, as the latter might die after one rotation while the former could go on for an hour (even as the only one left alive). I am NOT 100% sure about this, but afaik you will also lose the rotational loot if you leave (after dying) before the mission as a whole actually concludes (everyone dying or extracting). This leads to the option (after dying) of either leaving and forfeiting also your rotation loot, or staying in the mission as "dead" and watching some random player(s) continuing the fight for X minutes. Now, seeing good players fight with their preferred frames might be instructional and even fun, but if they manage to go on and on and on (which could easily happen in infested survivals, just as an example) just sitting there watching could become a bit boring after, like, 30 minutes or so … 🙂

7 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

You can have the rotation loot because this system allows players to fight on until they die without losing everything (you WILL lose everything if you quit/abort).

Like with all and any failed missions, you will not get the extra loot (or the affinity bonus) if you fail. That is not absurd 😉.

The drawback of this system is when random pairings happens with high MR expert players and "just unlocked the starmap"-players, as the latter might die after one rotation while the former could go on for an hour (even as the only one left alive). I am NOT 100% sure about this, but afaik you will also lose the rotational loot if you leave (after dying) before the mission as a whole actually concludes (everyone dying or extracting). This leads to the option (after dying) of either leaving and forfeiting also your rotation loot, or staying in the mission as "dead" and watching some random player(s) continuing the fight for X minutes. Now, seeing good players fight with their preferred frames might be instructional and even fun, but if they manage to go on and on and on (which could easily happen in infested survivals, just as an example) just sitting there watching could become a bit boring after, like, 30 minutes or so … 🙂

This mode was selled as an elite super mode where you will get punished if you are not good. Can't really see a sense if you can keep the highest rewards even if you die and not a bunch of materials. After the loot screen i was expecting to see nothing at all.

This is my opinion, maybe a bit strange yeah but for me had more sense to keep the materials and not the rotation rewards (cause elite mode for elite players where git good or nothing).

Free to think otherway.

1 hour ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

How? Nothing should be one shotting you at that point unless you're using a tissue paper frame with no vitality or armor. 1 hour in on survival (6 rotations vs your almost 3 rotations) and I still wasn't anywhere close to being one shotted on Saryn while having no ancient spectre.

Edited by Erytroxylin

2 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

How? Nothing should be one shotting you at that point unless you're using a tissue paper frame with no vitality or armor.

I don't really know, i was running an umbral saryn with arcane guardian rank 3 and killing any enemy around. The operator had full health too (around 40.000) and we were both on nidus specter ravenous with an ancient healer specter too.

1 hour ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

If the mode is set like this ok np good to know but for me doesn't have any sense to give you the highest reward and not the normal loot when you fail he mission. If you want to punish the fail do it in every aspect, don't be a coward.

Consider how many people would play it if that was the kind of risk they'd be putting themselves in. I've heard a lot of talk about, I think it was one of Kela's arenas? Something of that sort where people could get a lot of Endo, setting aside the other Arbitration rewards that are much less finite. As it is, Arbitrations and that starchart node vie for Endo farming. Right now, if people want to Endo farm, either's at least pretty good: you could do some math and min-max stuff and see one peek just ahead the other, but they're different enough and their rewards are close enough that you don't have to feel you're wasting your time doing one over the other.

Now take that and run the much more likely risk of spending, what, 20-30 minutes in an Arbitration just to get nothing at all.

Why would you do that when you can get comparable rewards without that same risk of total failure?

There's ways they could improve and adjust it, for certain, but had they done something like that from the start, I'm pretty sure risk-aversion would've ensured it was DOA.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)cleefsentence:

ur opinion and i would disagree.

might be me but why do u care so much about 1 failed run ? if u regularly play "endgame" content then 1 failed run is no big deal since there are many others. everyone has experienced 1 shots out of the blue there, thats nothing new.

43 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

ur opinion and i would disagree.

might be me but why do u care so much about 1 failed run ? if u regularly play "endgame" content then 1 failed run is no big deal since there are many others. everyone has experienced 1 shots out of the blue there, thats nothing new.

No problem, you're free to think otherwise. For me makes no sense because arbitrations were selled as an elite content but in the end you're not taking an huge risk at all (you have 1 life but no loot lost so you risk nothing even if you die and you can leave the match too without losing the rotation loot i think, see many host leave before the rotation ends many times) but i can understand that for others this is ok, because is more easy to farm stuff even if they are not very experienced players.

I don't care at all about the death, was just pretty strange so i reported it, the focus was on the loot. Anyway i play end game contents all days cause i run kuva survival with friends for at least an hour or more if all have time, i use a nidus specter and never died once if on his virulence and full health even versus lvl 200 enemies because as saryn usually i kill enemies before they can even reach me 😄 With an ancient healer around too (that gives 90% dmg reduction and protection against status chance) a saryn prime with full health (1000 hp and arcane guardian) on enemies only lvl 80/100 can't die in one shot. I checked if were toxic ancient around but nothing so what infested enemy can one shot in that situation? That's why i think was a bug.

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)cleefsentence:

It's relevant, i died for a bug.

I'm imagining the arbiters at the exit of the arbitration room tell me "hey you failed so we will take all your polymers but you can keep the vitus, endo and mod. This is to punish you ya know, git good".

I already have all the rotations mods and vitus i need so this game mode can take dust until i will need endo for a new primed mod.

And why aren´t you doing it quietly?