Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explosive weapon suicide fix

(PSN)aiptekfanboy

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

If you can charge Phantasma, then at the last moment have a Squad mate / Void Fissure enemy / whatever appear right in front of you,
and then still be fast enough (even ignoring Host <-> Client lag) to Void Mode outta there, you should be a subject of scientific study.
Like, that's super hero speedster level of reaction & execution time. Do you have a costume? Does it feature a lightning design?

LOL no, that just means you need to stay awake and learn to position yourself. Lag will kill you but that’s true outside of self damage. There are other obvious ways to avoid self damage but it requires aiming intelligently.

none of it is rocket science.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

First off, it's very ridiculous to expect someone to go through that hassle on a regular basis / present this as a sensible solution.

Second, that's not even really necessary / how Penta works,
you don't need Transference to safely distance yourself from the grenade,
it will only explode when manually triggered (barring Mods that might interfere with that),
and you need to be in your Warframe, holding your Penta, to trigger that Secondary Fire effect.

Of course not, but I don’t see people making use of the obvious advantage of Tenno blink.

Disappear from enemies and re appear behind them. Hardly useful right?

How many times during a mission do you bullet jump? Press X much? Jumping into Tenno form  and using void dash to cover longer distance is hardly more work and not nearly frenetic as bjumps. It saves my hands from carpal.

The Penta is not as fun as castanas but it does have options. Blast radius, tether and sticky grenades.

10 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

LOL no, that just means you need to stay awake and learn to position yourself. Lag will kill you but that’s true outside of self damage. There are other obvious ways to avoid self damage but it requires aiming intelligently.

none of it is rocket science.

Of course not, but I don’t see people making use of the obvious advantage of Tenno blink.

Disappear from enemies and re appear behind them. Hardly useful right?

How many times during a mission do you bullet jump? Press X much? Jumping into Tenno form  and using void dash to cover longer distance is hardly more work and not nearly frenetic as bjumps. It saves my hands from carpal.

The Penta is not as fun as castanas but it does have options. Blast radius, tether and sticky grenades.

k barry allen....lol.

The subject is at present explosive weapons are not worth using.

i.e. angstrum, kulstar, stug, prisma angstrum, et all phone rings aaand tenno dies and dies again whilst tenno responds to phone call and tries to distractedly play.

Versus ease of use supra vandal 300 shots, amprex, quanta, boltor, soma, et all phone rings and hold down fire button on controller as tenno responds to phone call.

Thats why the avoidance of explosive weapons as the hassle is not worth the weapon slot.

The acknowledgement from DE that theres a problem is a starting step however a rework is needed and not a bandaid mod.

Plus arbitrations are fun as every so often I see a lenz user that gets DRT status in less than five minutes.

That goes double when its a user that sends me pms to only later see that same tenno with DRT status so screenshot and my return pm asking about it....lol.

And no not going to name and shame...lol.

Oh DRT is milspeak for Dead Right There.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

k barry allen....lol.

The subject is at present explosive weapons are not worth using.

i.e. angstrum, kulstar, stug, prisma angstrum, et all phone rings aaand tenno dies and dies again whilst tenno responds to phone call and tries to distractedly play.

Versus ease of use supra vandal 300 shots, amprex, quanta, boltor, soma, et all phone rings and hold down fire button on controller as tenno responds to phone call.

Thats why the avoidance of explosive weapons as the hassle is not worth the weapon slot.

Oh DRT is milspeak for Dead Right There.

Yes I parsed the TLA. It’s not hard to figure out.

I have fun with them because (some) are lethal and actually add some challenge to mind numbingly boring gameplay. I’ve run Arbitrations for an hour with a lenz and with other pugs using them. We get to extraction. The lenz itself was my top primary for 8 months. Outside of the ogris and phantasma, the other explosive primaries with self damage potential are mostly just weak. The ogris is OK but just. I wish I had my norfleet and anarchy gaige. The penta is OK as CC with a tether or sticky mod.

This game isnt hard, even on a phone. Explosive primaries require a different mindset, a little attention to aiming strategy. If you want to check out mentally, use a beam weapon.

Wow, this discussion...

If you don't like explosive weapon, max them and sell 'em. Problem solved, don't start crying in the forums.

Some people enjoy to play these weapons and you guys want to delete them all because you don't like it?

Move on.

There will be situations when you can't avoid it like Frost casts globe after you have already fired, or lag, or player races past you from your rear or shadowing your frame.

Frames who might choose to intentionally self damage, like Ember or maybe even Chroma and Rhino might make some use of the mod... but I guess that's about it and then there's [Adaptation] maybe you can make it work with both? There will be a niche situation where it works, Ember probably the best candidate with Hunter Adrenaline/Rage, and her passive maybe able to sustain energy and damage? 

Self damage mechanics work in our favour too sometimes. Maybe try that new invulnerable roll mod ...[Rolling Guard] might be handy?

Edited by WarRelic

i really just wish they would make the tonkor more user friendly with a toggle feature maybe so you could swap between diffrent types of grenades like maybe timed/contact explosive or hell even sticky mode  cause right now it doesnt reward direct hits as  the shots bounce of enemies.

Ive tried it in Fortuna and i thought it would be great but because of the bounce alot of the time my shots will bounce away so i ended up using Lenz instead witch is better than tonkor in every way except ammo and even that is not a huge issue cause of the ammo mutation included in the Lenz it just means i cant find a high point and rain down fire for as long with lenz as with Tonkor as i have to swoop down and grab some ammo from the blasted corpses lying everywhere.

Edited by Laston