Please let us extract after being Deserted.

RuFi0

It's happened to all of us. You make it to an insanely high level Defense or Interception, and people start going down. The round ends, and everyone decides to continue on. With 4 seconds left on the extraction countdown, one person chooses to extract. Then, at the very last second, the rest of the squad suddenly extracts and you're left all alone to fail the mission.

In the event that your entire squad leaves during a high wave mission - couldn't you prompt us to have an 'Abandonment Leave' option? The prompt will acknowledge that you're the only one left and ask whether you would like to continue or not.

Normally I would say to someone with a request like this, "Well, you have to take the risk; either continue on, or play it safe. If you think you'll get abandoned, just extract." But when you adopt that rationale, you become that first person I mentioned, who plays it safe and extracts by themselves -- then you're responsible for startng the chain.

Choosing to extract or not should be based on if you can actually continue the mission successfully, not whether or not you're going to end up alone at the last second. I feel like half the reason people leave their missions is because they don't trust the rest of the team to stay for the whole countdown. A 'Last Man Left' option would fix that. 

Thoughts?

1. Add 5 seconds to the timer when someone changes their mind after the first 5 out of 10 seconds have passed.
2. Limit the number of times a person can change their mind (to prevent them from triggering 1 endlessly).
3. As usual, a unanimous leave or stay decision by the group ends the timer immediately.

Edited by (PS4)polarity13jp

On 2018-11-02 at 9:10 PM, (PS4)polarity13jp said:

1. Add 5 seconds to the timer when someone changes their mind after the first 5 out of 10 seconds have passed.
2. Limit the number of times a person can change their mind (to prevent them from triggering 1 endlessly).
3. As usual, a unanimous leave or stay decision by the group ends the timer immediately.

Wow, I like this. Simple and effective.