Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving Necro A Team Life Drain Will Invalidate Trinity

Destro6677

Why, you ask?

Because if Necro can convert corpses into health and/or energy, that is a much easier skill to use and easier on teammates than Well of Life.

We have seen this happen with Nova and her ability to nuke everything and CC them at the same time, and a lot of posts I've read on the matter end with 'If Nova can do everything, why bother with anyone else?'

This is not a 'nerf Nova' thread. I am merely taking those posts as an example of what can happen.

And yes, I played Trinity for a while.

I would suggest that Necro's ult be moved to his 3 as a refreshable clone spam with a clone cap, similar to the necromancer's summon zombie from Diablo 2, and that his ult becomes a safeguard ability.

The ult would prevent player health from dropping below 5/10/15% of max health after mods, fitting in with his theme of control over death instead of giving life.

Edited by Destro6677

Why bother with an increased loot drop when we have scavenger auras, ammo mutation mods and master thief?

because you could replace those with something else and get more out of your aura/weps/frames.

i actually think we will see many necro frames in def.

depending on how his powers turn out, he may turn out to be just as popular as vaub/frost/nova.

I have seen so many posts asking for life drain in the official feedback thread, and I think search the dead adds no real value to the frame. 

Why bother with an increased loot drop when we have scavenger auras, ammo mutation mods and master thief?

question: search the dead for additional ammo/hp/energy/credits right?

will this skill affect boss as well?

boss drop 1 BP on normal death

+

ability [search the dead] yield another 1 BP?

well, there are 10 frames with nuking abilities as #4... i dont see how 2 healers can hurt each other...

I am concerned that Necro having an easier to use ability that requires less team coordination will push Trin out of the way.

Trin's abilities are all about tanking. Necro has threat removal.

As Alchemist said, we might see many Necros in defense. Does that mean Trin will be out of a job?

Edited by Destro6677

well, there are 10 frames with nuking abilities as #4... i dont see how 2 healers can hurt each other...

This.

Right now if I want to heal my team mates I have only one option. It would be nice to have a second support frame to choose from.

And I don't know the last time I ran out of ammo if you don't count the grakata. Can't see much use coming from search the dead.

controlling death is controlling life. or in a scientific manner of speaking life is energy so he controls energy. its the ability to control enthalpy and entropy, that is the basis of necromancy. therefore if he can take the energy from something he should be able to use that energy elsewhere,; IE himself or on inanimate objects or teammates.

Life Drain will drain some HP from recently killed corpses.

Blessing will restore HP by 100% for everyone, Well of Life will still allow players to convert health from enemies and EV will literally require no effort from anyone to get the energy.

Trinity is not obsolete - she's a team support based around health and tanking. Necro seems he's got the healing powers to keep himself healed but is more based around small CC and creating his own teammates.

As Alchemist said, we might see many Necros in defense. Does that mean Trin will be out of a job?

;)

sadly, with the changes they are talking about on trin, it sounds more like she will be stuck on "boss killing duty", more so than she is now.

the (sorta) nerf to link will cut back on her a little, though her heal can sorta cancel that out. though i have to wory about her energy pool at that point. in order to maintain stability she will need to use almost all of her powers in one cycle to be able to pull even... maybe. in a boss fight it wont be all that big a deal, but def/surv will be a problem for her.

thats all speculation though, we will just have to wait and see how things turn out and go from there.

Edited by alchemistjkt

I love it when people completely ignore blessing - the skill that fully heals the entire party and can make them literally invincible for periods in surplus of 10 seconds.

Now with improved casting time! Call in the next 10 minutes and get energy vampire and streamline absolutely free - now you can cast as much as you desire! Order now: supplies are running out fast!*

*(continuity, constitution and aura trinity helmet sold separately)

Trinity already has a skill which completely invalidates well of life. It's not like giving the necro frame one as well is going to make trinity any less viable.

Edited by Segolia

because you could replace those with something else and get more out of your aura/weps/frames.

i actually think we will see many necro frames in def.

depending on how his powers turn out, he may turn out to be just as popular as vaub/frost/nova.

agreed , i mean using terror totem , we can trap the infested into a tight one-way entry into the cryo pod area , then nuke the area with ogris and torid , wave 50 solved , imagine , 4 necros doing that , then each using thier ultis , and their 3rd power , ammo will be infinite , and their undead army would finish whats left of the other mobs

I have seen so many posts asking for life drain in the official feedback thread, and I think search the dead adds no real value to the frame. 

do a t3 defense mission and you will know what no ammo's and lvl100+ mobs feels like

DID YOU KNOW that none

NONE, NOT ANY

of the scavenger auras work?

I've been testing them for the past month

Why, you ask?

Because if Necro can convert corpses into health and/or energy, that is a much easier skill to use and easier on teammates than Well of Life.

We have seen this happen with Nova and her ability to nuke everything and CC them at the same time, and a lot of posts I've read on the matter end with 'If Nova can do everything, why bother with anyone else?'

This is not a 'nerf Nova' thread. I am merely taking those posts as an example of what can happen.

And yes, I played Trinity for a while.

I would suggest that Necro's ult be moved to his 3 as a refreshable clone spam with a clone cap, similar to the necromancer's summon zombie from Diablo 2, and that his ult becomes a safeguard ability.

The ult would prevent player health from dropping below 5/10/15% of max health after mods, fitting in with his theme of control over death instead of giving life.

If Necro gets life drain, pretty sure health transfer will only go to necro so won't change trinity at all. There are pages and pages of users complaining about #3 Search the dead, i really doubt it will stays as is.. most likely some other effect will be added to it or entirely new power will be there.

If Necro gets life drain, pretty sure health transfer will only go to necro so won't change trinity at all. There are pages and pages of users complaining about #3 Search the dead, i really doubt it will stays as is.. most likely some other effect will be added to it or entirely new power will be there.

I would like to see the opposite, some sort of blood sacrifice for a boon in fire rate, strength, armor, etc for example

I am concerned that Necro having an easier to use ability that requires less team coordination will push Trin out of the way.

Trin's abilities are all about tanking. Necro has threat removal.

Well it will have for sure, it's the new shiny toy! pretty much like nova

but that doesnt mean he will put trinity out of the job...

Trinity brings invincibility and energy restore to the table.. 2 things that the Necro cant do.