A good end to a bad week

Sylvexis

Hi all, 

Firstly let me pretense this by saying I'm a casual player and this week has been a particularly harsh week on me, so I just wanted to share what happened today because, well... something just happened that I just need to share. 

Starting at the beginning of the week; there's trouble in paradise. Then my car was crushed in a horrible accident. Now I'm also trying to keep two co-workers from killing each other, while doing other people's jobs ... You know, life was seeming pretty tough this week. 

Cut to today though, and I wake up, put the coffee on and remember that BlizzCon was on today (I also play Overwatch).

I start checking out the Overwatch section, I heard about the abysmal decision making from the Diablo team (and laughed... poor players though), went to work, came home, fired up BlizzApp, and was greeted with... the gift. 

This made me laugh more. 

I was in a game of Overwatch, and someone mentioned this... gift... that Blizzard is giving everyone, as if it was the "best present in the world". Again, I laughed. "Warframe is better and it's free" I said. 

Moving on... I shortly fired up Warframe, and began farming some XP for my weapons (I'm a filthy casual, deal with it). Then something started happening. My screen started flickering black... shortly after, I got really scared, before being ganked in to the Earth's core.

I just had my first Stalker encounter. I was speechless, and didn't move. I sat immobile in my seat, staring at the death screen. 

"You ok?" my partner asked. 

"....That was awesome..." I replied. 

Seriously, this game so amazing I wish I could inhale it.

For the record, I won't be playing with my free gift from ActiBlizzard. I meant what I said. Both you and your product are better.

Thank you, DE. 

Edited by Sylvexis
Language

Bungie is desperate right now... And i don't really see this 'free gift' thing helping the situation. That stupid game has been #*!%ed beyond fixing. But then again i haven't played the game so... I guess my argument isn't completely valid

ok.. so what even is this terrible free gift from actiblizzard? I stopped playing Overwatch ages ago, and just want to know how bad it supposedly is. 

glad you like the stalker anyway, OG Stalker is a lot scarier than the newer one. back in the day he'd oneshot you without you even seeing him.

5 hours ago, Sylvexis said:

Firstly let me pretense

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I like the stalker. He adds a level of... horror? terror?... to the early game. The feeling changes to that of triumph after your first kill of the stalker, but from then on fades to a general disinterest, sadly. The feeling is even worse when he no longer drops anything of value to you... I liked the stalker.

I want to like him again.

That would be a brilliant idea! A way to keep veterans feeling those same emotions that new and casual players experience would really do well for business. 

10 hours ago, krodha36 said:

Bungie is desperate right now... And i don't really see this 'free gift' thing helping the situation. That stupid game has been #*!%ed beyond fixing. But then again i haven't played the game so... I guess my argument isn't completely valid

Not entirely. It's true that you can't personally have an opinion of first hand dealings, however there is power behind Word Of Mouth.

I used to be a reputation based marketer for businesses so I can talk about this stuff for hours, and while I share some of your sentiments, what happened and is happening to Bungie is pretty sad. 

DE is lucky, and doing things right. They have good reputation and are making some good decisions. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

ok.. so what even is this terrible free gift from actiblizzard? I stopped playing Overwatch ages ago, and just want to know how bad it supposedly is. 

glad you like the stalker anyway, OG Stalker is a lot scarier than the newer one. back in the day he'd oneshot you without you even seeing him.

It's literally not even worth mentioning. It's just a free game. Like Warframe. Except worse. From an entity less worthy of your money than DE (Activision). Made for people who are probably less coherent than you or I.

Basically, it's a waste of everybody's time and money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Sylvexis

9 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

He's talking about Destiny 2 being released for free right now on PC. DLC is not included though.

9 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

for new Players, thats true.....but only for new/casual Players ^^

Disagree. I've been playing for 5 years. I'm neither new, nor do I play Warframe casually. Firstly, DE are much better at communication than the other company in question, both in terms of acknowledging feedback, revealing plans, and not making misleading statements about new mechanics. Second, the disparity between the two games in terms of the amount of content is a massive chasm. The two games can't be reasonably compared mechanically/gameplay-wise outside of surface level things, but they /can/ be compared in terms of their quality of content, business model, and amount of things to do, etc. Across most reasonable categories of comparison, Warframe is the better of the two.

10 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

quality of content

amount of things to do

Warframe is the better of the two.

and in those 2 categories I have to disagree, after about 1 year(made this new Account) I was out of new/Challenging things to do.

11 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

business model, 

12 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

communication than the other company in question,

tho at those Points I have to agree, without a doubt