Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer hacking

Cuchullin

Question

I was on a mission on Uranus a while back and naturally the alarm goes off at one point. So after I cleared the area I used the console and found it was one of the full circle codes. What I couldn't see was the ciphers to unlock it. Then when I tried hacking manually I got to the last one and after messing it up and undoing some of my progress I died. And this was with no-one else in the room. My question is what happened to ciphers on Grineer missions and has dying from failing to hack Grinner consoles always been a thing?

6 answers to this question

in sorties, you get damaged on your health from failing, this means exiting the console or undoing a node 3 times. But from what you describe you had a graphical issue as well, that sounds like a bug to me.

Edited by Quimoth

If you ran out of ciphers, they are no longer available. If you fail enough times at the hack, you get a hit with an electric proc. This is enough to down some players. If you have trouble with it I suggest using your operator to hack in Void mod. You can take the full hit of a failed hack and just end up back in your warframe.

7 minutes ago, Cuchullin said:

what happened to ciphers

Your Ciphers might've randomly un-equipped themselves, happened to me.

8 minutes ago, Cuchullin said:

I died. And this was with no-one else in the room.

Maybe you got Slash proc'd before your Companion killed the last enemy around, or something?

Otherwise, yeah, Sorties would fit what you've described,
Ciphers are unavailable there and YOU ARE SHOCK you get shocked for messing up.

It's not that i ran out of ciphers because I know I had a few, I checked after the mission. And this was one of the node missions not a sortie. As for the procs my character was an Inaros at full health of about 4000. So it would be a one shot proc that has no on screen reveal or a graphical error which wouldn't surprise me.