Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Guys, we need to talk about the Paracesis.

KelsierSurvivor

I know you've seen many threads about the Paracesis and how amazing it is. I have too. But I have noticed something that I can't ignore. 

In one of DKDiamantes' videos recently, he said that he had a theory that the Paracesis was actually some kind of trap for the Tenno. I now have reason to believe that.

Spoiler

6A4B98722CADE8FB7BBEF0AFF987C99D659353D7

If you look in the little circle hole on the sword towards the hilt, you will notice a purple glow.

Spoiler

7E2EC54AD72723F96BA039EE11CD7AB11F43E547

EBF78617900A1148F2B6B853A44C529A35BC7F10

9609531745EC19170C412CCB94F5DC44D46714AA

2E630812134FC67843A15D51D801757E018AB10B

7BF20CA57004392335FBF7330146599597CECBF0

No matter what colors you do, it always has this glow, however subtle it is. It's kinda hard to see in some of these pictures, but it is definitely there. You'll see it with some effort. 

This purple glow is often associated with the Lotus. It's very present in her throne room, it's very present on her suit and helmet. (However I think the helmet only has the glow when it's attached to her) So since this glow is showing up on the Paracesis, doesn't that mean that is must be some part of Lotus/Natah? 

I dunno. It's just a thought. It could very well be the case that Ballas is being controlled by Natah or that he's willingly working with the Sentients, but this sword is not able to be ignored. This purple glow should not be here if the sword is completely Sentient-free.

What do you guys think? It's possible that this is a bug, but I think it is highly unlikely.

You know Prime weapons also have a golden glow, right? By that logic, because Ballas has golden eyes, all Prime weapons are traps from Ballas...

Could be just because the sword is linked to killing Sentients.

Edited by Guest

a lvl 40 paracesis is a sentient-slayer, no two ways about it. the question here is what exactly it is. i doubt that it's some kind of control device that ballas is foisting upon us, since you have to pay for weapon-slots, and pulling something like that after you pay 12 plat to pick it up would cause an uproar, no matter the quality of the writing. the ring's caught my attention as well, but i'm thinking that it's either a mini-void gate whose purpose is to poison the blade against sentients, or that it is some kind of leftover from a gunblade-greatsword hybrid development idea that got far and then got shelved.

1 minute ago, evilChair said:

a lvl 40 paracesis is a sentient-slayer, no two ways about it. the question here is what exactly it is. i doubt that it's some kind of control device that ballas is foisting upon us, since you have to pay for weapon-slots, and pulling something like that after you pay 12 plat to pick it up would cause an uproar, no matter the quality of the writing. the ring's caught my attention as well, but i'm thinking that it's either a mini-void gate whose purpose is to poison the blade against sentients, or that it is some kind of leftover from a gunblade-greatsword hybrid development idea that got far and then got shelved.

About the slots, whenever we get a free weapon (i.e. The Second Dream, The War Within, The Sacrifice, The Pyrus Project, anniversaries, etc.) we get free slots to go with it. DE doesn't force us to take up a slot, they just give us a free one.

About the Void gate thing, that's actually a really interesting theory. I never really thought about how the Paracesis was such a good Sentient Slayer, but this makes sense. The only problem I see is that standard Void energy is generally a blue-greenish color.

5 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

You know Prime weapons also have a golden glow, right? By that logic, because Ballas has golden eyes, all Prime weapons are traps from Ballas...

Could be just because the sword is linked to killing Sentients.

I said purple glow... Right? 

I haven't ever noticed a golden glow on Prime weapons, but that could be because I have to play with lower graphics than many other Tenno out there. 

The glow on the Paracesis is purple. I'm not talking about the energy color or anything, I'm talking about the constant purple glow in the little hole above the hilt. I say constant because it's always there, no matter what you do for energy color or anything else. I have not had an experience like this on any other weapons in-game, the only thing that I've seen something kinda like this done to is Warframes. Most of the time, Warframes will have some color somewhere that you can't change. It's just always there. This color is usually some shade of grey. I've never seen this done with energy though. This little purple glow cannot be tampered with no matter what I try. It is constant. Prime weapons don't have a constant golden glow, nor a purple one.

We didn't take the sword, we built it thus no free slot neither it's a trap.If it was a trap would mean that Ordis would have said something about the blueprint while scanning it like he did with Umbra etc.

As for the youtubers and their theories, i've said it before, they make things out of their minds, prob for the views or whatever.It's like they play another game or something.

P.S It's really disgusting seeing those partners and others uploading videos like crazy these 2 last days cause of the Fortuna hype when clearly they don't know what they're talking about.

Edited by DeathDweller

The Paracesis is a big ol' question mark lore-wise for all of the playerbase right now.

I mean, if we take its Foundry components' lore in consideration: we use the first-ever Tenno-made greatsword as the base (Galatine), coat it with rare Orokin metal (Ducats, aka Orokin coins; probably molten by the Foundry's systems) and as a finishing touch add some faint Sentient energy to it with what are pretty much the organs of the biggest, most powerful Sentient to ever attack Earth...

So by building the Sentient Slayer, are we technically uniting the Tenno, the Orokin and the Sentients - three ancient opposing factions with immesurable power each - against a single threat? Maybe this will be what happens at the end of the New War, with we as Tenno, under Margulis' guidance, making peace with Ballas and Natah/Hunhow/The Mother and uniting with these former enemies to fight against a single threat - The Man In The Wall, who is possibly the Void itself - while the Grineer and Corpus are left to their petty squabbles? Who knows!

No, it is not a trap. Remember that Sentient adaptation can only be removed by using void energy of the Operator? Later, the Excaliber Umbra can also do the same thing without the void power. Unless you consider the void channel between somatic link to warframe is void power. But that's doesn't really answer why any other Warframe can't do the same thing as Umbra.

Back to the sword. The Sword doesn't really use any void energy in the making. From my understanding, the sword use the damage adaptation of the Sentient to cancel/removed the adaptation on the Sentient. They channel the Sentient energy through the Orokin metal and break the Sentient damage adaptation. This may answer the question of why Umbra can cancel/removed damage adaptation on the Sentient (you know... because the Umbra have 'Sentient'...lol). So, to answer your question. The purple grow seem to be Sentient energy use to power the sword. Not that it has mind of their own. We even use the Sentient's material in making a lot of item in our possession already.

4 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

About the slots, whenever we get a free weapon (i.e. The Second Dream, The War Within, The Sacrifice, The Pyrus Project, anniversaries, etc.) we get free slots to go with it. DE doesn't force us to take up a slot, they just give us a free one.

Are you sure we got a free weapon slot? I believe we only got the blueprint. 

Broken-War, Broken Scepter, Skiajati, Zylok, etc. were already crafted when we got them. They also had Orokin Catalysts installed. 

Edited by Kialandi

On 2018-11-03 at 9:27 AM, DeathDweller said:

We didn't take the sword, we built it thus no free slot neither it's a trap.If it was a trap would mean that Ordis would have said something about the blueprint while scanning it like he did with Umbra etc.

As for the youtubers and their theories, i've said it before, they make things out of their minds, prob for the views or whatever.It's like they play another game or something.

P.S It's really disgusting seeing those partners and others uploading videos like crazy these 2 last days cause of the Fortuna hype when clearly they don't know what they're talking about.

On 2018-11-03 at 12:49 PM, Kialandi said:

Are you sure we got a free weapon slot? I believe we only got the blueprint. 

Broken-War, Broken Scepter, Skiajati, Zylok, etc. were already crafted when we got them. They also had Orokin Catalysts installed. 

Both good points. I'd honestly forgotten that we built it. Mainly because the quest isn't replay able yet.