Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eprime not spawning enemies [Investigating]

(PSN)corpusbonds

So as an avid Kubrow egg collector, I’ve been running Eprime more often since the egg pick up limit was dropped. However, I’ve noticed that enemies do not spawn throughout the entirety of the map, only spawning once you’ve stepped on extraction for a moment.

Some enemies will then spawn right in a line, or you have to go all the way back and find them. This may confuse some new Tenno and make them leave instead of trying to proceed into the mission. I’ll try to update with a video if I can.

Finally had time for a video.

We only managed to get four enemies to spawn, regardless of our attempts to return to the spawn in point (not shown). After that it kept waypointing to extract, then back, then nothing. Had to leave since there was nothing to be done.

Edited by (PS4)jaegerbombtastic

Yeah, that happens a lot on the PC version as well. E Prime has a long-term problem with spawning which also makes void fissures troublesome. I think it has to do with the minimal base level of the node interfering with the spawn rate, and there's most likely an automated equation governing how spawns and enemy numbers behave, one that also goes off the rails into (-inf, 0] or not-a-number territory when it has to deal with a base lvl 1.

This happens sometimes to me too. One time i started the mission and Lotus told me to go to the extraction because i think because there was no enemies spawned and the game decided to set the main objective as completed; but i've noticed when Lotus says one of these three sentences, enemies are starting to spawn :

• "Keep going. Nobody knows you're here."
  • "Keep moving. None of the scanners have detected you."
  • "You're still in the clear. No detection from enemy sensors."

I also noticed when starting missions on E Prime : don't rush through the level; going slowly to the extraction point helps triggering one of these sentences.

I got the opportunity to make a video of this bug.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Silenceform said:

This happens sometimes to me too. One time i started the mission and Lotus told me to go to the extraction because i think because there was no enemies spawned and the game decided to set the main objective as completed; but i've noticed when Lotus says one of these three sentences, enemies are starting to spawn :

• "Keep going. Nobody knows you're here."
  • "Keep moving. None of the scanners have detected you."
  • "You're still in the clear. No detection from enemy sensors."

I also noticed when starting missions on E Prime : don't rush through the level; going slowly to the extraction point helps triggering one of these sentences.

I got the opportunity to make a video of this bug.

Unfortunately that doesn’t work for me.

I’ve done it solo and just kind of.. leisurely walked about, and I received no spawn aside from angry dogs. 

Just did a relic mission today, and we all just walked about with NO enemies, not even a fissure spawn! Had to check twice to make sure it wasn’t a normal eprime mission, but it wasn’t. Eventually had to leave.

Il y a 19 heures, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic a dit :

Unfortunately that doesn’t work for me.

I’ve done it solo and just kind of.. leisurely walked about, and I received no spawn aside from angry dogs. 

Just did a relic mission today, and we all just walked about with NO enemies, not even a fissure spawn! Had to check twice to make sure it wasn’t a normal eprime mission, but it wasn’t. Eventually had to leave.

Have you tried to scan things while going through the level ? It also triggers enemy spawns for me, maybe it can work for you as well.

Edited by (PS4)Silenceform

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silenceform said:

Have you tried to scan things while going through the level ? It also triggers enemy spawns for me, maybe it can work for you as well.

I haven’t since I don’t need to, but I can try.

But it still won’t be a fix; it needs to be looked at as newer players have said... some not nice things when this happens. I’m more worried they’ll get the wrong impression and won’t bother trying again.

1 hour ago, unrealityCatalyst said:

Just as a bit of an addition, a friend and I actually had a similar thing occur on Plato, Lua. No enemies spawned until we reached the extraction area.

Actually, you’re right— when we had a sortie mission there there were absolutely no enemies until the end. Then there was a huge cluster. Made rad hazard fun.

2 hours ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

Actually, you’re right— when we had a sortie mission there there were absolutely no enemies until the end. Then there was a huge cluster. Made rad hazard fun.

Plato, Lua is the only place I've seen this happen, but I've seen it happen many times including one sortie with others.  We ran though to the end, and one person messaged "wat the ****?"  Told him "Just wait..." and moments later there were riots in the corridors.

Whenever an exterminate mission starts and the objective marker is green with 1000+m as the distance, I groan internally because I don't want to have to run all the way to extraction just to get enemies to appear.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...