Endgame Zarr Build?

(XBOX)Wazzup bruhhh

Question

Someone told me a few days ago that since i like doing endurance runs, i should get a zarr. What would be a good build for it that can take care of enemies past the 1 hour mark with relative ease? I also have a riven for it with +63.5% reload speed +100.8% multishot and +46.2% recoil, would this riven be better than a standard mod that could possibly be in a build or am i just better of using a standard mod?

5 answers to this question

7WbxFi3.png

whatever Elemental Types make sense for the Enemies you're fighting - if you're not removing Armor from Armored Enemies then you gotta go with Corrosive, elsewise you can focus on their Health, you know the drill.

whether you have Status Elementals or just all full Elementals or some mixture depends on what you're fighting and what Damage Types you're using - if you're using Viral some Status is good, high Status is good for Armor, Et Cetera.
and ofcourse Primed Cryo Rounds should be considered in that.

don't forget Primed Anti-Faction Mods, which are going to tend to be extremely competitive options to consider when looking to do very long Missions.
i guess Hunter Munitions might be something you'd think about as well (nice for the Shotgun Mode, Cannon Mode doesn't apply it that well).

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

7WbxFi3.png

whatever Elemental Types make sense for the Enemies you're fighting - if you're not removing Armor from Armored Enemies then you gotta go with Corrosive, elsewise you can focus on their Health, you know the drill.

whether you have Status Elementals or just all full Elementals or some mixture depends on what you're fighting and what Damage Types you're using - if you're using Viral some Status is good, high Status is good for Armor, Et Cetera.
and ofcourse Primed Cryo Rounds should be considered in that.

don't forget Primed Anti-Faction Mods, which are going to tend to be extremely competitive options to consider when looking to do very long Missions.
i guess Hunter Munitions might be something you'd think about as well (nice for the Shotgun Mode, Cannon Mode doesn't apply it that well).

Wouldnt cannon mode apply hunter munitions betyer since the clusters can affect a huge group of enemies with a bleed proc in one shot?

Edited by (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh

36 minutes ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

Wouldnt cannon mode apply hunter munitions betyer since the clusters can affect a huge group of enemies with a bleed proc in one shot?

it sounds great on paper but unfortunately no, because you can't really hit Headshots, the hits kinda scatter around (so may miss), the hits aren't super strong, Et Cetera.
the Shotgun Mode does a lot better, between innate Punch-Through and you being able to direct it nicely so that you can ensure it hits the Enemies.

because of that, your Ticks from Shotgun Mode are generally about 10x the Damage as Cannon Mode, and they're just as numerous since both Modes hit a lot and are capable of hitting groups.
being able to get Headshots without relying on getting hella lucky helps a lot.
hell, even on body Shots you get Ticks for ~2x

additionally, Mult-Shot doesn't scale quite as strongly on Cannon Mode as it does on most Weapons. (still absolutely worth using ofcourse)

It's worth noting that Zarr's min/max build will change slightly based on your Riven rolls.

If you get +%Damage with Crit chance then you'd want to drop Heavy Cal and Point Strike for the Riven + Primed Bane.

If you get +%Multishot +%Crit  chance you would do the same but if you get +%Multishot +%Damage you would keep both Crit mods.

Zarr makes decent use of different stats and it's disposition makes it one of the easier Rivens to roll thankfully.