Warframe Concept: Goliath, the Growth Warframe

Wizardrous

I was talking to my friend about how Titania can shrink down to pixie size, and we realized there is currently no Warframe that can actually use abilities to become BIGGER (READ: THICCER)!

INTRODUCING GOLIATH, THE GROWTH WARFRAME!

LORE:

The Orokin were selfish beings, and their first priority in battle was to protect themselves. Even with powerful Warframes by their side, their enemies would often still recognize the Orokin commanders as a more valuable target; they needed a guardian, a Warframe their enemies could not ignore. They designed Goliath to be their protector; while other Warframes charged into the enemy lines, Goliath would stand his ground between the Orokin and their enemies, keeping them at bay and protecting his masters. It seemed no enemy could defeat Goliath, and none ever did; it was not the gun or the sword that brought Goliath down, but the very infestation inside of him; his size changing had caused a mutation in a single cell, causing a chain reaction of of malfunction that caused Goliath to simply shut down. Some say the Orokin completed research on a functional Goliath Warframe, but the blueprints were lost before it could be constructed; no one knows where those blueprints might be, but legend has it that they are out there.

STATS:

Health: 150 -> 450

Shields: 150 -> 450

Armor: 450

Energy: 150 -> 225

Speed: .9

PASSIVE: Due being larger and more intimidating than other Warframes*, Goliath will naturally attract more enemy fire than others. He also receives a base +10% increase to melee range (which stacks multiplicatively with mods such as Reach).

*Goliath's base size is approximately 15% larger than the current tallest Warframe. If this turns out to be enough to cause a problem in enclosed spaces, Goliath's base height could simply be set to the tallest at which it doesn't cause problems.

SLING: Goliath grabs a nearby enemy and hurls it forward. The enemy will travel 10/15/20/25 meters before hitting the ground. The tossed enemy will knock down enemies in its path, dealing 75/150/225/300 Impact damage to both itself and the enemies struck, and 150/300/45/600 Impact damage to itself if it strikes a wall or obstacle.

Energy Cost: 25

Damage and distance are both doubled when Colossus is in effect.

This ability is affected by ability strength and ability range, but not ability duration.

(Can possibly also be used to toss loot crates, because why not?)

INTIMIDATE: Goliath flexes and lets forth an intimidating growl, causing enemies withing 8/10/12/15 meters* to attack Goliath for 5/10/15/20 seconds. If cast a second time while active, enemies already affected will run away in fear for 2/3/4/5 seconds in addition to having the duration refreshed.

Energy Cost: 50

This ability is affected by ability range and duration, but not ability strength.

Effect radius and fear duration are doubled while Colossus is in effect.

*This ability only affects enemies that are within the radius on casting.

SMASH: Goliath leaps in the air and pounds his fist down on the ground. This damages enemies within 4/6/8/10 meters for 100/200/300/400 Impact damage and sends them flying backwards 5/10/15/20 meters, taking an additional 200/400/600/800 Impact damage if they hit an obstacle; if they collide with another enemy, they deal 100/200/300/400 Impact damage to both themselves and the enemy struck. Enemies within 1/1/2/3 meters of Goliath will take 150/200/250/300% damage from the initial attack*.

Energy Cost: 75

This ability is affected by ability strength and range, but not ability duration.

The primary radius, damage multiplier, and damage multiplier radius are all doubled while Colossus is in effect.

Damage is affected by ability strength, while damage multiplier is not.

Primary radius is affected by ability range, while damage multiplier radius is not.

*Damage multiplier does not affect the damage caused by enemies colliding with obstacles or other enemies.

COLOSSUS: Goliath greatly increases in size*, becoming 20/30/40/50% taller than his base size. This increases the chance that enemies within 8/12/16/20 meters will attack him by 25/30/35/40% (max: 65%) and increases his total armor by 10/20/30/40%; it also increases his melee range by 7.5/15/22.5/30% (this effect stacks multiplicatively with mods such as Reach). Goliath will also receive the effect of the Heavy Impact mod while this ability is in effect.

Energy Cost: 50 + 5/sec

The enemy aggression modifier and armor modifier increase with Ability Strength, while the size increase does not.

The enemy aggression radius is increased by ability range, while the melee range is not.

This ability is affected by ability duration, ability strength, and ability range.

*A potential downside of this ability is that Goliath would move slower in small hallways, because he'd need to crouch.

This Warframe has some pretty great ability synergies, such as using intimidate to lure melee enemies next to you and using smash to deal multiplied damage to them. It also synergizes well with other Warframes, most notably Trinity due to the effectiveness of a Tank/Healer combo. This Warframe would add a whole new, unique element to controlling the flow of battle.

Let me know what y'all think! 😸

Edited by Wizardrous

8 hours ago, (XB1)DarkSide06660 said:

Pretty cool idea

6 hours ago, TheAngryChicken52 said:

Y'know, I like it, I'd play him just like that, no need to change him

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support! Hopefully someday we'll see a frame like this in the game.

My idea of a growth warframe was mainly about being able to expand himself or at least parts of himself. 

For example:

one ability was he expands his hands and does a sonic clap that damages and pushes enemies back. 

Another was he expands his hand to grab and enemy and throw them like a ball into the others. 

Last ability I pictured him growing to like 2-3x his normal size and goes into a boxing, Furax, fighting style with increased melee damage. 

Some said “it wouldn’t work because he would be too big for doors”. 

But isn’t that what DE would want? A balance? A non-press-4-and-run? Figured the doors would force players to not activate forth and forget like what they did with many other warframe. DE nerfed Ember’s range and energy. DE changed Banshee’s augment. Clearly press 4 and forget is something they are trying to prevent. 

I figured passive could be increase in damage with hammers and maybe fist type melees. But yours sounds better.

I could kind of see him(if he is already big to begin with) being able to condense himself a little that makes him tough against puncture and slash, and impact pretty much does nothing. 

But people tried comparing my idea to titania(shrink not grow) and others compared him to atlas. And your smash ability would be compared to Rhino’s stomp no matter how different they are. 

But yeah a growth warframe is definitely an idea I figured DE could/would do. I also thought of a gas based warframe since we don’t have one. We only have radiation, viral, corrosive, and toxic. No gas. I called it Hazard as in biohazard. And figured the gas could be ignited to inflict blast damage, possibly to yourself as well if you’re not careful as sort of balance. But somebody compared it to Saryn. Smh. And I waiting for a while trying to think of something that nobody could possibly compare to another warframe. 

But anyways, nice knowing there are others who want a growth frame. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-09 at 7:01 PM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

But yeah a growth warframe is definitely an idea I figured DE could/would do. I also thought of a gas based warframe since we don’t have one. We only have radiation, viral, corrosive, and toxic. No gas. I called it Hazard as in biohazard. And figured the gas could be ignited to inflict blast damage, possibly to yourself as well if you’re not careful as sort of balance. But somebody compared it to Saryn. Smh. And I waiting for a while trying to think of something that nobody could possibly compare to another warframe. 

That sounds like a cool idea for a Warframe. No matter how you look at it, most Frame concepts are going to be similar to existing frames, but that one sounds unique enough to exist.

On 2018-11-18 at 12:40 AM, Wizardrous said:

That sounds like a cool idea for a Warframe. No matter how you look at it, most Frame concepts are going to be similar to existing frames, but that one sounds unique enough to exist.

I know all too well that every single warframe is similar to another in some way. But for some to say that an idea isn’t good or to make a mockery of an idea because of those minor similarities, is a very narrow minded way of thinking. But those trolls are everywhere. It’s annoying.

So I spent a while trying to think of an element that hasn’t been used, and ability methods that haven’t been used. Many players know nothing of warframe. We have teleporters, we have have brute force, and we have speed BUFFERS. But we don’t have is a speed ATTACK type warframe. A warframe that doesn’t just increase its speed, but uses it in an offensive way. Basically like it dashed towards a targeted enemy, attacks them, then returns to the position it was standing before but completely unnoticed. With enough power strength, this warframe could basically assassinate any target undetected. Even though I made ideas for abilities different from the others, it didn’t stop trolls from comparing it to volt, valkyr, rhino, Excalibur, ash, atlas, Loki, etc. No joke, they compared it to like 8 warframes at least. 

I thought of a volcanic warframe that uses lava as an attribute and eruptions as a form of ability methods. But they compared it to ember and atlas. I’m sure you can easily guess why. If that was the case then DE shouldn’t have made hydroid and zephyr due to frost with that narrow minded level of thinking. 

If they share the same attribute or half of an attribute, they troll. If they share the same method of ability usage(Ex: volt, ember, and frost first abilities and augments), they troll. If they are designed for a similar purpose, they troll. And people wonder why DE refuses to add a downvote emoji. That is the ultimate trolling emoji. People downvote things that have no negatives. And DE wants logical, civil, and constructive discussions.

But once the warframes are made, the trolls disappear. I thought of nidus, Octavia, Gara, revenant, and even Garuda way, way before DE even announced there was gonna be a new one in the making. But I never posted the ideas of them because of the trolls. Kind of angers me. Instead I made some sarcastic/smartallic remarks to warframe buddies and even the region chat which got people laughing. Sure some said the ideas were good(like you) and others said that DE should make them. But the trolls on the forums are what made me hesitant to post. Glad I wasn’t the only one thinking of those ideas.

sorry for the long text.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎20 at 1:41 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I know all too well that every single warframe is similar to another in some way. But for some to say that an idea isn’t good or to make a mockery of an idea because of those minor similarities, is a very narrow minded way of thinking. But those trolls are everywhere. It’s annoying.

So I spent a while trying to think of an element that hasn’t been used, and ability methods that haven’t been used. Many players know nothing of warframe. We have teleporters, we have have brute force, and we have speed BUFFERS. But we don’t have is a speed ATTACK type warframe. A warframe that doesn’t just increase its speed, but uses it in an offensive way. Basically like it dashed towards a targeted enemy, attacks them, then returns to the position it was standing before but completely unnoticed. With enough power strength, this warframe could basically assassinate any target undetected. Even though I made ideas for abilities different from the others, it didn’t stop trolls from comparing it to volt, valkyr, rhino, Excalibur, ash, atlas, Loki, etc. No joke, they compared it to like 8 warframes at least. 

I thought of a volcanic warframe that uses lava as an attribute and eruptions as a form of ability methods. But they compared it to ember and atlas. I’m sure you can easily guess why. If that was the case then DE shouldn’t have made hydroid and zephyr due to frost with that narrow minded level of thinking. 

If they share the same attribute or half of an attribute, they troll. If they share the same method of ability usage(Ex: volt, ember, and frost first abilities and augments), they troll. If they are designed for a similar purpose, they troll. And people wonder why DE refuses to add a downvote emoji. That is the ultimate trolling emoji. People downvote things that have no negatives. And DE wants logical, civil, and constructive discussions.

But once the warframes are made, the trolls disappear. I thought of nidus, Octavia, Gara, revenant, and even Garuda way, way before DE even announced there was gonna be a new one in the making. But I never posted the ideas of them because of the trolls. Kind of angers me. Instead I made some sarcastic/smartallic remarks to warframe buddies and even the region chat which got people laughing. Sure some said the ideas were good(like you) and others said that DE should make them. But the trolls on the forums are what made me hesitant to post. Glad I wasn’t the only one thinking of those ideas.

sorry for the long text.

No worries. I understand, it can be frustrating dealing with that kind of closed-mindedness. They should realize that it's not about the theme of the Warframe, but about the playstyle; just because a Warframe has a similar element or appearance, doesn't mean its playstyle will be anything like preexisting Warframes. The whole point of introducing a new Frame is to introduce a unique style of gameplay; for example, a lot of people said Garuda seemed similar to Valkyr, but now we see she has an entirely unique playstyle. Some people will never get that though, it's best to just follow your inspiration and not worry if people like your ideas. People just go around shooting down good ideas because they have none of their own.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎20 at 4:46 PM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Hey on his second ability, give him some sort of healing when taking damage like damage absorption 

Lovely frame tho! 

Perhaps, but we still want him to be killable. I think that with Mods like Rejuvenation and Life Strike, Arcanes like Grace and Victory, and/or good allies, he already has extremely good survivability. Although, perhaps, his passive ability could instead be passive health regeneration! That would ensure decent survivability even without mods, arcanes, or allies. I'm glad you like Frame concept!

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎26 at 8:03 PM, (PS4)dhdd1 said:

Reminds me of attack on titan a little bit.

I still have to watch that anime, I've heard it's amazing. Hopefully that means you like the idea!

Edited by Wizardrous

10 hours ago, Wizardrous said:

No worries. I understand, it can be frustrating dealing with that kind of closed-mindedness. They should realize that it's not about the theme of the Warframe, but about the playstyle; just because a Warframe has a similar element or appearance, doesn't mean its playstyle will be anything like preexisting Warframes. The whole point of introducing a new Frame is to introduce a unique style of gameplay; for example, a lot of people said Garuda seemed similar to Valkyr, but now we see she has an entirely unique playstyle. Some people will never get that though, it's best to just follow your inspiration and not worry if people like your ideas. People just go around shooting down good ideas because they have none of their own.

Perhaps, but we still want him to be killable. I think that with Mods like Rejuvenation and Life Strike, Arcanes like Grace and Victory, and/or good allies, he already has extremely good survivability. Although, perhaps, his passive ability could instead be passive health regeneration! That would ensure decent survivability even without mods, arcanes, or allies. I'm glad you like Frame concept!

I still have to watch that anime, I've heard it's amazing. Hopefully that means you like the idea!

On the attack on titan. Better not eat anything. It is very gruesome. But it does have some exciting moments. But most of it is pretty depressing. And it has a little comedy. Basically it will get your emotions spinning like a tornado.

Ive seen people post about a Shape Shifter style warframe but they mostly thought of some kind of offensive type. With the ability to copy other warframe abilities. Kind of old like, create-your-own-character old. Kind of takes away the uniqueness of others. 

So I decided to make a post of my own idea for a shapeshifter except I was picturing it more of a survivalist type. Short version:

1st- turns an enemy into a copy of itself that distracts the enemies and fools them.

2nd- copies copies the appearance of an enemy to blend in. 

3rd- copies the stats of other players or gains an armor/shield/health buff depending on the kind of enemy the ability is used on.

4th- low strength leads to a standstill, higher power strength causes them to mow each other in panic leading to chaos. Due to them not know who the imposter is. 

Passive- shades of color changes physical bullets into either all slash/puncture/impact. Which allows for better adaptation against certain enemies. 

This idea of a warframe is to be the ultimate assassin. Someone that can sneak pass enemy lines and kill without anyone suspecting. The abilities would work in sync to create chaos or to calm it. Preventing alarms, death, and so forth. Due to its origin, it would be the only warframe that doesn’t have a gender and can switch between them. 

But some guy compared it to Nyx. And said that it was too offensive but it’s abilities are neither offensive nor defensive. With Gara and Khora as defense, revanant and garuda as offense, I think it’s about time for another survivalist or support. Seems most people want nothing but killframes. Sometimes defense. 

Right now I’m wondering what that Baruuk the Reluctant is suppose to be. Reluctant means like hesitant or refusal. Does that mean he refuses to die? Refuses to backdown? Make causes enemies to be hesitant? Kind of very curious of what kind of warframe he is. 

Also Garudo made me thought of an exoskeleton looking warframe that can rip the bones out of enemies and gain bone points and the more it has the stronger the abilities. Could summon skeleton minions that have claws and will jump on enemies and the number is depended on the amount of bones collected from fallen enemies. The first ability would cause targeted enemies bones to crack and inflict damage passed their armor and shields. May not work well against machines. Turn some enemies into bone spike bombs where they explode once dead and their bones shoot out and hit nearby targets and inflict puncture damage. And last be able to create a thick bonemade exoskeleton that provides extra armor and reduces physical status effects. 

Basically another horrifying and gory kind of warframe. 

Just giving you ideas to start with so maybe you could come up with more of your own. Or make improved versions of the ones I thought of. 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

On the attack on titan. Better not eat anything. It is very gruesome. But it does have some exciting moments. But most of it is pretty depressing. And it has a little comedy. Basically it will get your emotions spinning like a tornado.

Ive seen people post about a Shape Shifter style warframe but they mostly thought of some kind of offensive type. With the ability to copy other warframe abilities. Kind of old like, create-your-own-character old. Kind of takes away the uniqueness of others. 

So I decided to make a post of my own idea for a shapeshifter except I was picturing it more of a survivalist type. Short version:

1st- turns an enemy into a copy of itself that distracts the enemies and fools them.

2nd- copies copies the appearance of an enemy to blend in. 

3rd- copies the stats of other players or gains an armor/shield/health buff depending on the kind of enemy the ability is used on.

4th- low strength leads to a standstill, higher power strength causes them to mow each other in panic leading to chaos. Due to them not know who the imposter is. 

Passive- shades of color changes physical bullets into either all slash/puncture/impact. Which allows for better adaptation against certain enemies. 

This idea of a warframe is to be the ultimate assassin. Someone that can sneak pass enemy lines and kill without anyone suspecting. The abilities would work in sync to create chaos or to calm it. Preventing alarms, death, and so forth. Due to its origin, it would be the only warframe that doesn’t have a gender and can switch between them. 

But some guy compared it to Nyx. And said that it was too offensive but it’s abilities are neither offensive nor defensive. With Gara and Khora as defense, revanant and garuda as offense, I think it’s about time for another survivalist or support. Seems most people want nothing but killframes. Sometimes defense. 

Right now I’m wondering what that Baruuk the Reluctant is suppose to be. Reluctant means like hesitant or refusal. Does that mean he refuses to die? Refuses to backdown? Make causes enemies to be hesitant? Kind of very curious of what kind of warframe he is. 

Also Garudo made me thought of an exoskeleton looking warframe that can rip the bones out of enemies and gain bone points and the more it has the stronger the abilities. Could summon skeleton minions that have claws and will jump on enemies and the number is depended on the amount of bones collected from fallen enemies. The first ability would cause targeted enemies bones to crack and inflict damage passed their armor and shields. May not work well against machines. Turn some enemies into bone spike bombs where they explode once dead and their bones shoot out and hit nearby targets and inflict puncture damage. And last be able to create a thick bonemade exoskeleton that provides extra armor and reduces physical status effects. 

Basically another horrifying and gory kind of warframe. 

Just giving you ideas to start with so maybe you could come up with more of your own. Or make improved versions of the ones I thought of. 

Yeah, that's ridiculous of them, that's nothing like Nyx.

I think Baruuk is going to be kind of a monk-themed Warframe, focused on the prevention of violence.

I've kind of cooled on thinking of Warframe concepts though, right now I'm really focused on this, if you wanna check it out: