Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come on DE

LegacyDM

Come on man. Seriously 30 min in Arbitration, someone dies.

Host migration ---> Cannot connect to host ----> Disconnect ----> Mission over as if it never happened. 

WTF is this. Picked up a Somachord I actually needed too.Sure I lost a ton of endo and 30 min of my life, but was really looking forward to listening to new music instead of the 1 damn track I have on loop.

Get your host migration act together. 

1 hour ago, LegacyDM said:

Come on man. Seriously 30 min in Arbitration, someone dies.

Host migration ---> Cannot connect to host ----> Disconnect ----> Mission over as if it never happened. 

WTF is this. Picked up a Somachord I actually needed too.Sure I lost a ton of endo and 30 min of my life, but was really looking forward to listening to new music instead of the 1 damn track I have on loop.

saw this coming

I lol'ed

I don't think there's a foreseeable future where host migration works stable.

What really boggles my mind though is that you lose all your buffs, yet your current energy is transmitted. Either reset it to mission start or be generous and give the players a full energy bar for losing their buffs.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

What kind of feedback do you seek?

He described the problem and presented hes annoyed with it.

Congratz you just explained why it's not feedback. 
Not only is Feedback (by DE's standards) coherent, respectful, and calm, it also includes way more than simply mentioning a problem then childishly whining about it. 
Constructive, useful feedback needs to offer up possible solutions or at least viable workarounds, other than just mentioning problems that everyone knows exists. Really, of what benefit is that to any one?

22 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Not only is Feedback (by DE's standards) coherent, respectful, and calm, it also includes way more than simply mentioning a problem then childishly whining about it. 

Okay please formulate this thread better, then.

This post has everything to be counted as feedback.

15 hours ago, LegacyDM said:

Here we have a coherent description of the problem, you might dont believe it but pointing out bugs is FEEDBACK.

24 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Constructive, useful feedback needs to offer up possible solutions or at least viable workarounds, other than just mentioning problems that everyone knows exists. Really, of what benefit is that to any one?

No, it doesnt need to offer workarounds or solutions. This is an issue with warframes netcode, do you honestly want players to go around and become IT professionals just so they can go here and make a feedback about the problems?

If i go to a restaurant and they burn my omlette, it will be feedback if i tell my waiter i do not intend to eat coal or pay for it. It also wouldnt be my job to offer solutions to how not to burn the food next time and regardless of my annoyance they have to accept it.

15 hours ago, LegacyDM said:

This one here cuts the chase and suggests a feedback, you might say its not respectful enough but its still true. Just upper you said it useless to talk about problems that everybody knows it exist but tell me if you live in a house with a landlord and a freakin sinkhole appears in the garden do you tell him only once or repeat your annoyance with the hole to him till he fixes it?

1 hour ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

And what benefit does your meta-complaining provide?

You did exactly what you criticized the OP for doing.

Surely you realize how your meta-complaint would tend to be read as "solve the problem for DE and post the solution here." Mentioning problems that "everyone knows exists" is useful in its own right, if DE are paying attention, because it gives them more information they can use to prioritize their available work-hours.

You should have taken a larger view of the situation, instead of trying to be right on the internet.

I just had a radshare where, on my 14th-15th Neo G1 Relic run, I disconnected from my entire team literally within the second I landed on extraction. Before I could do anything about it, I was whisked away with Mirage Prime Neuroptics. Though I'm not holding my breath, I hope the upcoming server upgrades will ease this sort of issue, because randomly disconnecting people for no reason is not exactly a good look when the game has put increasing requirements on group play, especially consistent group play throughout extended periods of time.

5 hours ago, notlamprey said:

You should have taken a larger view of the situation,

I explained how it wasn't feedback and explained how to make it useful feedback. Sounds like a larger view to me.

5 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

pointing out bugs is FEEDBACK

But it's not CONSTRUCTIVE Feedback, which makes it useless.

5 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

If i go to a restaurant and they burn my omlette

This is absolutely not that simple. DE didn't simply "burn your omelette". Buring the omelette would imply that other than overcooking, the dish is otherwise acceptable and the recipe is well made, they just needed to take it off sooner. Now if the recipe itself is bad and the cooking practices are bad, then your feedback would need to be far more comprehensive. You could tell them it was disgusting and you didn't like it, but that doesn't give the restaraunt any idea whatsoever what is actually wrong with the food or how to improve it. Think Gordan Ramsey offering recipe ideas and teaching the staff how to be more efficient. It would absolutely not be sufficient to just tell them the recipe is bad and they need to be more efficient; if that were enough then he wouldn't need to be there in the first place.
Like you said, this is a much deeper, more complex issue with the webcode, and saying for the millionth time that it's an issue doesn't begin to address that. Recall when DE said it wouldn't be technically feasible to implement a Prime bits toggle on Tennogen. Players begged and begged for it to be added into the game but DE didn't know how it could be feasible as well a practical investment of their time and resources. It wasn't until they were given constuctive, technical feedback from people who had experience in coding that DE finally was able make it happen. There are very likely people in the playerbase who understand the webcode. Those are the people who need to be leaving constructive feedback in regards to Host Migrations, and until they do, host migrations will remain as they are.

No OP's rant was not valid feedback, and while I did not in fact expect him or anyone to actually go out and get education in IT matters, that idea itself would not be so unreasonable.

Look, just give this a good read and decide for yourself whether OP's feedback was of any real value.

13 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

But it's not CONSTRUCTIVE Feedback, which makes it useless.

Okay, then now i have a request for you.

Go and make a constructive feedback topic here about the host issues.

14 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Think Gordan Ramsey

Chef places some meat on the plate what was undercooked.

Gordon Ramsey:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj3H1FIXJGnmZQGWAckgb

Plain and simple feedback, covers the entire problem.

16 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Like you said, this is a much deeper, more complex issue with the webcode, and saying for the millionth time that it's an issue doesn't begin to address that.

As a customer its not my job or obligation to fix the problem what the service provider has.

Not fixing the problems shows incompetence and as time goes on people will take notice that it wont be likely to get fixed because it seems they cant do it.

The only thing the customer can do is to create another thread about the problem similarly as if you go on steam and find a game with negative feedbacks most of them say the same issues what makes sure that the said things are actually a problem and not just some haters personal opinion.

Because we dont have access to warframes netcode and other source files, we as customers at best can only give feedback on how bad is something and that will be the highest level of constructiveness. You cant dismiss these as "it was said already", these need to be reposted and remembered till it gets fixed.

Just so everyone knows I posted this first in the bug forums as well. The reason I posted it in both places is because a lot of the player base doesn’t read bugs forum. Not only do I want DE to see it I want new players to be aware of the issue so they are not blind sided.

This was actually my first time experiencing this and felt t necessary to voice my frustration. Im a pretty laid back guy but bugs that litterly break the game causing a denial of service to gameplay are unacceptable. I don’t care if it’s been said before. The player base needs to keep beating the drum and harping the issue until it gets resolved. I’ve seen games ignore issues because the player base got complacent and bugs get put on the back burner.  

I want other people who normally don’t look in the bug section to see this. This is probably the single most critical game breaking flaw that needs attention. Other people see it and experience it than they will do as I do. As some pointed out this is the same as putting a downvote on steam and voicing my displeasure. 

I’m sorry some of you feel this is redundant and my “feedback” doesn’t meet your technical standards for being helpful. Thank you for your “feedback” but I’ll let the moderators judge if the post should be locked or not, not you. It’s not my job to tell de how to fix the problem or design a solution, unless they want to hire me and pay me. Otherwise I’m just a critical customer providing my dissatisfaction like others before me.

Edited by LegacyDM

On 2018-11-03 at 7:05 PM, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Get your salty af Feedback together. Would also be nice if you got your Feedback in the Feedback section.

Why DE always have some golden white knight sabotaging any kind of thread like this. If your are no boot liking DE there's is always one dude as you. 

Let him give him feedback. Let him Express him feeling for good sake, he wasted 30 min and he have right to be pissed.

10 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Ok buddy. Here is my technical solution. De needs it’s own hosted servers instead of this peer to peer client interaction. Problem solved. There. Happy? Should I tell them how to build and implement it too?  Do you want me to explain the OSI layer model and make recommendations on how they should code their game for using UDP? and design their networking infrastructure too? 

59 minutes ago, (XB1)MPC 2117 said:

All this could've been avoided by just changing mm to solo.....just sayin'.

This cOuLdvE BeEn @VoiDed bY 5 YeAr old game of developing fix this problem itself....just sayin'

Edited by xcenic

On 2018-11-04 at 12:05 AM, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Get your salty af Feedback together. Would also be nice if you got your Feedback in the Feedback section.

while i agree that he couldve structured his post a little bit better, could you please link us to the feedback forum aswell?

as far as im aware, we are posting in the general subforum of the feedback subforum, ( https://forums.warframe.com/forum/21-general/ ) which is exactly where this should go, right?

this isnt community->general discussion, or are you the one who is in the wrong subforum? https://forums.warframe.com/forum/36-general-discussion/ this is general discussion.

It's an incredibly hard to grasp concept i know, but some people enjoy playing with others.

Edited by iHaku

1 hour ago, (XB1)MPC 2117 said:

First time this happened. I’m aware of the host migration issue from people dying or leaving. I’m ok with this because the Game finds a new host and I continue playing. Sure it’s annoying and I risk dying in a loading screen. But this is not what happened. What happened is something I never experienced and didn’t know was an issue. Something broke when the players tried connecting to a new host resulting in a complete disconnection canceling the mission with no rewards. 

It’s easy for you to recommend to just play solo or find friends with reliable connections. But why should we give DE the easy way out and not play the core feature this game is based on. Multiplayer co-op. I want to play in pugs. I live in a geographic time zone (oceanic) that doesn’t match much of the players I play with. I don’t have a lot of time to coordinate a group of people together that I know with a reliable connection. With my play time It’s more convenient for me to jump in a pug, play 30 min, and leave. 

Its too bad the solution to a core game feature is to not use it at all!

59 minutes ago, iHaku said:

It's an incredibly hard to grasp concept i know, but some people enjoy playing with others.

I used to do that, but it gets old fast after you've carried an innumerable amount of terrible rando squads through sorties.

1 hour ago, xcenic said:

This cOuLdvE BeEn @VoiDed bY 5 YeAr old game of developing fix this problem itself....just sayin'

Was that even engrish?

19 minutes ago, LegacyDM said:

It’s easy for you to recommend to just play solo or find friends with reliable connections. But why should we give DE the easy way out and not play the core feature this game is based on. Multiplayer co-op. I want to play in pugs. I live in a geographic time zone (oceanic) that doesn’t match much of the players I play with. I don’t have a lot of time to coordinate a group of people together that I know with a reliable connection. With my play time It’s more convenient for me to jump in a pug, play 30 min, and leave. 

Its too bad the solution to a core game feature is to not use it at all!

Point taken, but I believe your original complaint was losing rewards. I simply pointed out that if you want to guarantee said rewards, it's better to just solo it and minimize any potential connection issues. Or at least that's how I interpreted it.

14 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

4 hours ago, xcenic said:

Why DE always have some golden white knight sabotaging any kind of thread like this....

9 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Give me a break. We've been kindly asking for 4+ years, and nothing is presented. Steve even goes ahead saying "changes coming" on Twitter Everytime this is brought up, yet nothing...

I just can't help but to login and upvote you guys... I cannot understand why some people likes to workaround a problem that existed for a long time.. Even if you like to workaround, don't ask others not to rant.. We players are end users/customers!! We have the right to complain, feedback, or ultimately rant for issues/problems that have long existed without proper fixing.... Why should we play Solo if we don't like the Host Migration problem? NANI?????????

It's the developer's fault and their responsibility to fix it... It's like others bought the same Supercar as you but when you complained about you cant drive fast, other customers just asked you to drive it slow and live with it....

Or if you got a faulty newly bought graphic card, go ahead and workaround it.. Fix it yourself, void the warranty or as well just play 2D Tetris with it..... 

Edited by WSPY
Extra Ranting