Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any theories as to why we cant side with the Infestation?

(PSN)BerettaRecon

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Gamma___OG said:

Mine is because they probably have a "If you can't beat 'em. EAT THEM!" mentality lol.

infestation don't have a "mentality" . they are a virus, that spread. it's litterally that. try to get allied to a virus, and you'll see how it goes. they are just bacterias.

Don't forget about Helminth, it could be a possible siding in the future. Joining a separated faction that still is infested makes more sense than just joining THE infestation, if you get me. Helminth will probably be mandatory once DE reveals more of it though, like a controlled pet, a Helminth Charger. Maybe you'll get choices to do then but you know choices on Warframe, it will just affect your moral standing.

To be honest the game still doesn't have much going on sides, it doesn't even make much sense if you think about it. All you can do is join some faction to run after their mods. When they get angry they send our enemies after you (wat?) If siding were more complex or plot revolving, I would insta-join them. The cult I created after the ancient Dark Sector would be really happy about it.

It would be probably complicated to get in contact with the hiveleaders without getting killed.

Somehow whenever you hear a hiveleader, like Lephantis, Phorid or the one in Derelict Salvage missions, they just talk to you and your operator has nothing to say about that.

But i imagine they would be just as manipulative like the one In Starship Troopers.

13 minutes ago, kgabor said:

It would be probably complicated to get in contact with the hiveleaders without getting killed.

Somehow whenever you hear a hiveleader, like Lephantis, Phorid or the one in Derelict Salvage missions, they just talk to you and your operator has nothing to say about that.

But i imagine they would be just as manipulative like the one In Starship Troopers.

well, the problem is that even if they talk, they still have their first and only goal in mind. consume and expend. we couldn't be ally with us.

En 3/11/2018 a las 19:16, mikakor dijo:

infestation don't have a "mentality" . they are a virus, that spread. it's litterally that. try to get allied to a virus, and you'll see how it goes. they are just bacterias.

you said virus, then bacterias...

https://i.imgflip.com/5jjso.jpg

on topic, they are a collective mind who only wants to spread and consume, so...the only infestation loyal to the tenno are the helminth variant (or as i like to call it, domesticated mutalisk infestation), so in a way we already have an infested ally

Edited by Toppien

The infestation simply doesn't serve any purpose in maintaining balance of the system. Siding with the infestation would simply entail allowing them to grow and consume the system until they're all that remained.

I suppose if one's definition of balance would involve eliminating all other factors until there is no competing faction to disrupt balance then maybe one can justify siding with the infestation. But that's simply too radically different from what we've already done within Warframe's story (plus it would involve killing/assimilating/subjugating every faction we've helped thus far).

Unless we had some sub-infestation faction, say Mutalist Alad, decided to go on some crusade to purge the infestation from the system or replace them with a beneficial and non-hostile strain of infestation then I could see a reason to side with "them". But as it stands now we simply don't have any justification to join or assist the infested.

3 hours ago, CyberGothic said:

Don't forget about Helminth, it could be a possible siding in the future. Joining a separated faction that still is infested makes more sense than just joining THE infestation, if you get me. Helminth will probably be mandatory once DE reveals more of it though, like a controlled pet, a Helminth Charger. Maybe you'll get choices to do then but you know choices on Warframe, it will just affect your moral standing.

To be honest the game still doesn't have much going on sides, it doesn't even make much sense if you think about it. All you can do is join some faction to run after their mods. When they get angry they send our enemies after you (wat?) If siding were more complex or plot revolving, I would insta-join them. The cult I created after the ancient Dark Sector would be really happy about it.

I have a feeling it won't be a direct alliance to the anything like a sentient and independent Infested per se but a faction syndicate of Myconians (The infested corpus society surviving in infested debris in the Glast Gambit) It would be very interesting what abilities the Myconians have access to when facing/controlling the infested.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

As we all know....we have this one room in the DOJO that serves no purpose but to take building capacity and allow us to build 3 other rooms????

Which speaks to me that it is not just a building room....but a gateway into having the factions join with us. I see us getting a faction of each ...uh, faction...to join the Frames in their fight against the Sentients and the MitW. 

We already have some of the Grineer and Corpus in the form of the Syndicates. We have Nidus and the link to Helminth which will bring us a connection to Infested that are mutated forms separate from the Lephantis hive mind. How do I see that happening? Same way that Alad made his own new versions. An introduction of a new version into a pool of genes sometimes fosters a new way of....thinking. With us having Ancient Specters as well as Charges, we have a small linking already. We just need the right ones to let us know they are out there and then the Sentients are gonna face all the might the Tenno have with their allies in a battle that will reshape the system and bring a new era of unseen glory.

Or not.....but I am hoping it does.

Spoiler

So while the infestation *might* be willing to pass the warframes over, there is no way the infestation would pass over the operators themselves. Thus, it makes absolutely zero sense to ever side with the infestation. It's just something we would never ever do as doing so is long term suicide.

Edited by Erytroxylin

My guess is because the infested would just.. Well infest everything. Every planet would have non stop jordas like gollems patrolling it 24/7 constantly looking for more prey. It would get so bad eventually that every planet and space station would be just like Eris. A disgusting infested goo ball.

In the end I bet even the Tenno wouldn't be safe. The infested would find all of the Dojo's we build eventually. And I have a feeling even our lisets would be in danger eventually. You can't keep running if the enemy owns everything.

And the worst part of it all?... We couldn't build any new weapons. There would be no alloy plate or oxium or anything. It would just be plastids nano spores and mutagen samples as far as the eye can see.. *shudders* A fate worse then death..

On the bright side your Hema would most likely be happy. More new freinds to telepathically talk to. Yay! 😄

There are some passages & analogies which can be read in a William Burroughs piece (legitimately searchable on-line for free, in "The Adding Machine"), that might shed some light of alternated perspectives on the subject, in a piece called "My Own Business."  But for a quick summary, he outlines a dichotomy between a [member of the] Johnson [family], or in more casual terms MOBists (My Own Buisness), with a series of descriptives, commonly found attributes, and examples from experience, which set forth that a "Johnson" is not an aggressive or hostile sort of isolationist, or misanthrope, but someone with a common, and sympathetic understanding that what privat interests and activities of individual persons are, in something unique to each, needs some space to breathe and live in, and recognizes that a common component of social discourse. Johnsons can recognize MOBists, and intuitivly "know" a fellow "Johnson."  The threat to MOB is a SH*T. "The mark of a basic Sh*t is he has to be RIGHT." Someone who can't mind their own business and let others do the same, "because he has no business of his own to mind anymore than a SMALLPOX VIRUS." (Emphasis added). In the effort to further identify what drives and compels a Sh*t in such a manner, not social or psychological variables could really be determined, forcing a hypothetical postulation the the brain has "RIGHT" center. Not in a lateral sense (i.e. Right-Left brain hemispheres, or Righ-Left wing thinking) but in having to BE RIGHT. Now there is a fundamental utility for such a hypothetical brain system, however it has become both inected and infectious in the case of a Sh*t; a disease that is psychosocial and (hypothetically) neurological and degenerative. The "RIGHT VIRUS," consumes the nourishments needed for other activities, interests, ("business"in life to go about the minding of), to feed the ultimately insatiable "RIGHT" center, which expands to take over the tasks for basic survival which it has starved the rest of the brain of. The persona is dissolved into expressions of the very behaviors which the virus adled RIGHT center ravenously seeks out (in any/everyone else's "own business") to expose, destroy and consume in so-doing, leaving anything that survives as being just as much of a "pure infestation" as it were. Almost invariably the now fictionalized forms of such a powerfully and grotesquely mutatated physical transformations of the virus into monstrosities without any remaing "self" awareness, but rather as animated characteristic composites of everything both feared & hated by the RIGHT virus, and everything fearful and hateful which it does, that it (and any of "it's kind") have to be incinerated along with their habitats. "They fear themselves."