Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any theories as to why we cant side with the Infestation?

(PSN)BerettaRecon

the infested want to ally with us, the problem is it means consuming us. even if we agreed to help them, they'd still be like "we want you to fully commit, let us eat you and you'll be rewarded".

that said, technically whenever you kill Corpus or Grineer, it sort of helps the infested. one less Grineer or Corpus is one less in their respective struggles against the infested.

if I recall the infested want to only consume everything and hate mutation/other strain. Warframes , helminth (our ship personal strain) and the Triuna, all lack or have hivemind capability that is not connect to the bigger hivemind.

Well we will have to wait until Plain of Eris(if it ever happen) to see if we get to protect a good freewill hivemind vs 1 or more evil ones ,I wish it to happen just for more infested theme warframes , cosmetics and dojo room and decorations!

2 hours ago, Kasamoto said:

Sorry for being a nitpick there but bacteria’s are not virus 

True. What I wanted to say was "good luck having a non sentient thing to side with you" . They aren't very "sentient" for me. They just spread and consume. Even with Alas V, in the end, the infestation inside him just wanted to make him spread and spread and spread. So yeah, I hardly see this happening. 

So you are one of those nuts that wants to purposely get infected in the zombie apocalypse? Seriously, that's exactly what you are talking about

The infestation is capable of assimilating whole planets in a matter of days, it, not the Grineer or the Corpus or even the Sentients, is the biggest threat the system faces

Edited by Aleksundar

We could have a defection mision with the rolls reversed, Grinneer trying to kill Infested NPCs who broke away from the hive and want to go it alone. 

I mean who wouldn't want another defection mission

Edit: Or when you go on an Infestation Invasion mision with Nidus, you can pick the Infested side.

Edited by (XB1)iZapThings

On 2018-11-04 at 1:30 AM, Rawbeard said:

it can think, it can talk, it doesn't understand why Warframes attack the infested. it's not exactly sentient, there is basically no side to join there.

Lephantis being a case in point.

Though I can't say I like the idea of teaming up with that monstrosity, it does definitely have a mind, as well as a Borg-like ability to assimilate / corrupt other entities. Possible ally in the event of a future Sentient invasion?

After all, that is what the Helminth was created for.

Would love to see Lephantis go up against a Teralyst. :laugh: