Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Hermetica, the Alchemist

Wizardrous

INTRODUCING HERMETICA, THE ALCHEMIST!

LORE: The Orokin were selfish and greedy, they were never satisfied with the riches they have. Always wanting more, the Orokin strived to create technology that could convert waste into useful resources. The key lied in the infestation living in Warframe technology; if modified correctly, it could be used to alter the very structure of molecules, thus fulfilling their selfish desire for unlimited resources. Hermetica was first designed as a tool, but it quickly became clear that her abilities had useful combat applications. Her abilities proved to be a perfect balance of offense, defense, and utility. 

STATS:

Health: 100 -> 300

Shields: 100 -> 300

Armor: 100

Energy: 100 -> 150

Speed: 1

PASSIVE: Ammo Mutation on all weapons.

POLYMORPH: Transforms an enemy* into a similar enemy of a different faction.

Range: 10/15/20/25 Meters

Duration: 5/10/15/20 Seconds

Energy Cost: 25

This Ability is affected by Ability Duration and Range, but not Ability Strength.

*Doesn't work on bosses or certain units such as wardens or capture targets. Gives "Invalid Target" message.

Diminish (Augment): The Polymorph weakens the target, decreasing their damage output and by 20/30/40/50% and giving them 10/15/20/25% damage vulnerability.

This Augment is affected by Ability Strength.

TRANSMUTATION: Transforms unused ammo pickups, energy orbs, and health orbs into small stacks of local resources*.

Range: 5/10/15/20 Meters

Energy Cost: 50

This Ability is affected by Ability Range, but not Ability Duration or Strength.

*In Sanctuary Onslaught and ESO, where resources don't drop, the transmuted items will become a random assortment of ammo, energy orbs, and health orbs.

Transmutative Decay (Augment): Transmutation loses a small amount of resources each cast to radioactive decay, causing 12.5/25/37.5/50 Radiation damage with a 25% status chance within 2/2/3/3 meters of each transmuted item, with the effect radii stacking for additional damage.

This Augment is affected by Ability Range and Strength.

CORROSIVE CLOUD: Transforms the nearby air into a cloud of corrosive gas that melts away enemy armor.

Strength: 100/150/200/250 Corrosive Damage per Second, Guaranteed Proc.

Duration: 3/4/5/6 Seconds

Energy Cost: 75

This Ability is affected by Ability Duration, Range, and Strength.

Explosive Cloud (Augment): The Corrosive cloud can be ignited if exposed to intense heat, exploding for 200/300/400/500 Blast Damage with a guaranteed Blast proc. within the cloud and ending the duration. This can be activated manually by pressing the ability key again.

PHILOSOPHER'S STONE: Absorbs the life forces of slain enemies to create a Philosopher's Stone. When Hermetica or her allies would take lethal damage*, the Philosopher's Stone shatters and restores health and shields to her and her allies. The Philosopher's Stone will slowly decay if it is not activated, eventually shattering and releasing the stored energy.

Absorb Duration: 5 Seconds

Absorb Range: 6/9/12/15 Meters

Restore Range: Affinity Range

Strength: 2/3/4/5% health and shields restored for each enemy absorbed (max 75%).

Rate of Decay: The Philosopher's Stone will lose 1% energy every second, and will shatter and release its restorative energy when it reaches 50% (after 25 seconds if it is fully charged to 75% restore)

This Ability is not affected by Ability Duration.

Absorb Range is affected by Ability Range, while Restore Range is not.

Health and Shield Restore per enemy is affected by Ability Strength.

*If Hermetica takes lethal damage while creating the Philosopher's Stone, the stone will shatter prematurely and restore stored health and shields to Hermetica, but not her allies.

Philosophical Restoration (Augment): Philosopher's Stone can be activated early by pressing the ability key again, restoring 10 energy per enemy absorbed (max:150) to Hermetica and her teammates.

I know similar Warframe concepts have been kicked around, but I thought I'd give my personal take on the idea. I think this design would make a very balanced and versatile Warframe, embodying the very essence of Alchemy. 

Let me know what y'all think! 😸

Edited by Wizardrous
Included Augments

I really like this in general. 

P, 1, and 2 are solid imo. 3 isnt necessarily bad but id be wary of overloding her since she already has a farming skill, giving her an armor removal might overload her kit but i guess it's fine. So, can she charge her 4 and then leave it charged for when someone is about to die? Can she stop the charging early? Also this doesnt seem to have much use if people arent dying, maybe an aug could allow her to activate it beforehand to provide a group buff or something. Additionally, i feel like this could be op since it basically gives her whole team immortality.

Overall i like her she seems very utility focused but at the same time i think she'd have adequate damage output by making use of her passive and weapons that may otherwise not be viable without a mutation (not to forget her ability to turn priority enemies into a version her weapon counters and eliminate their armor).

2 minutes ago, JarodDempsey said:

I really like this in general. 

P, 1, and 2 are solid imo. 3 isnt necessarily bad but id be wary of overloding her since she already has a farming skill, giving her an armor removal might overload her kit but i guess it's fine. So, can she charge her 4 and then leave it charged for when someone is about to die? Can she stop the charging early? Also this doesnt seem to have much use if people arent dying, maybe an aug could allow her to activate it beforehand to provide a group buff or something. Additionally, i feel like this could be op since it basically gives her whole team immortality.

Overall i like her she seems very utility focused but at the same time i think she'd have adequate damage output by making use of her passive and weapons that may otherwise not be viable without a mutation (not to forget her ability to turn priority enemies into a version her weapon counters and eliminate their armor).

Thanks, I'm glad you like her! That is a good point about the virtual immortality, I nerfed the 4 by adding a decay rate to the Philosopher's Stone, after which it activates automatically for the remaining energy. That way she'd have to keep creating new ones to sustain her team. The charging can't be stopped manually, but if she is killed during that 5 second period, the Stone activates, but it only heals her in that case. I like the idea of that augment, perhaps one that allowed it to be activated early to restore energy to the team instead of health and shields.

14 hours ago, Wizardrous said:

INTRODUCING HERMETICA, THE ALCHEMIST!

LORE: The Orokin were selfish and greedy, they were never satisfied with the riches they have. Always wanting more, the Orokin strived to create technology that could convert waste into useful resources. The key lied in the infestation living in Warframe technology; if modified correctly, it could be used to alter the very structure of molecules, thus fulfilling their selfish desire for unlimited resources. Hermetica was first designed as a tool, but it quickly became clear that her abilities had useful combat applications. Her abilities proved to be a perfect balance of offense, defense, and utility. 

STATS:

Health: 100 -> 300

Shields: 100 -> 300

Armor: 100

Energy: 100 -> 150

Speed: 1

PASSIVE: Ammo Mutation on all weapons.

POLYMORPH: Transforms an enemy* into a similar enemy of a different faction.

Duration: 5/10/15/20 Seconds

Energy Cost: 25

This Ability is affected by Ability Duration and Range, but not Ability Strength.

*Doesn't work on bosses or certain units such as wardens or capture targets. Gives "Invalid Target" message.

Diminish (Augment): The Polymorph weakens the target, decreasing their damage output and by 20/30/40/50% and giving them 10/15/20/25% damage vulnerability.

TRANSMUTATION: Transforms unused ammo pickups, energy orbs, and health orbs into small stacks of local resources.

Range: 5/10/15/20 Meters

Energy Cost: 50

This Ability is affected by Ability Range, but not Ability Duration or Strength.

Transmutative Decay (Augment): Transmutation loses a small amount of resources each cast to radioactive decay, causing 12.5/25/37.5/50 Radiation damage with a 25% status chance within 2/2/3/3 meters of each transmuted item, with the effect radii stacking for additional damage.

This Augment is affected by Ability Range and Strength.

CORROSIVE CLOUD: Transforms the nearby air into a cloud of corrosive gas that melts away enemy armor.

Strength: 100/150/200/250 Corrosive Damage per Second, Guaranteed Proc.

Duration: 3/4/5/6 Seconds

Energy Cost: 75

This Ability is affected by Ability Duration, Range, and Strength.

Explosive Cloud (Augment): The Corrosive cloud can be ignited if exposed to intense heat, exploding for 200/300/400/500 Blast Damage with a guaranteed Blast proc. within the cloud and ending the duration. This can be activated manually by pressing the ability key again.

PHILOSOPHER'S STONE: Absorbs the life forces of slain enemies to create a Philosopher's Stone. When Hermetica or her allies would take lethal damage*, the Philosopher's Stone shatters and restores health and shields to her and her allies. The Philosopher's Stone will slowly decay if it is not activated, eventually shattering and releasing the stored energy.

Absorb Duration: 5 Seconds

Absorb Range: 6/9/12/15 Meters

Restore Range: Affinity Range

Strength: 2/3/4/5% health and shields restored for each enemy absorbed (max 75%).

Rate of Decay: The Philosopher's Stone will lose 1% energy every second, and will shatter and release its restorative energy when it reaches 50% (after 25 seconds if it is fully charged to 75% restore)

This Ability is not affected by Ability Duration.

Absorb Range is affected by Ability Range, while Restore Range is not.

Health and Shield Restore per enemy is affected by Ability Strength.

*If Hermetica takes lethal damage while creating the Philosopher's Stone, the stone will shatter prematurely and restore stored health and shields to Hermetica, but not her allies.

Philosophical Restoration (Augment): Philosopher's Stone can be activated early by pressing the ability key again, restoring 10 energy per enemy absorbed (max:150) to Hermetica and her teammates.

I know similar Warframe concepts have been kicked around, but I thought I'd give my personal take on the idea. I think this design would make a very balanced and versatile Warframe, embodying the very essence of Alchemy. 

Let me know what y'all think! 😸

This is a great idea, I've always wanted a Warframe based on alchemy

As someone whose internal monologue in squads is mostly aaaarrrgh why do you all keep dying stooop I'm really sold on the Warframe capable of preemptive healing! 

I do have one question: Does the Polymorph'd enemy still count as part of whatever faction they previously belonged to, or do they start drawing aggro? It'd be pretty neat if you could make decoys that way!

6 hours ago, (XB1)firestar4673 said:

This is a great idea, I've always wanted a Warframe based on alchemy

Thanks for the support!

20 minutes ago, DeadlySurgeon said:

As someone whose internal monologue in squads is mostly aaaarrrgh why do you all keep dying stooop I'm really sold on the Warframe capable of preemptive healing! 

I do have one question: Does the Polymorph'd enemy still count as part of whatever faction they previously belonged to, or do they start drawing aggro? It'd be pretty neat if you could make decoys that way!

I'm glad you like it! And yes, you can indeed create decoys with Polymorph. If you cast it on multiple enemies, you can even start a 3 faction crossfire!