Bestish melee weapon?

(XBOX)firestar4673

I'm quite partial to the Tonbo. Alot of people pour scorn on status weapons, but enough corrosive stacks on a target will inflict more damage than a simple numbers boost. It's stance keeps you mobile, quite vital at avoiding damage and advancing to new targets, and with a primed reach mod, you can take out an entire room with a single channeled combo. 

I just hope they don't screw this up with melee 3.0. My hopes are not high...

Dark Split-Sword has the highest single target DPS in my opinion.  Radiation+Corrosive melts high leveled Grineer.  Silva & Aegis Prime is comparable as well.  Hybrid Condition Overload/Blood Rush builds are king for those two weapons.

It going to sound like a cop-out...

Most of the melee weapons int he game are really good if built appropriately and used properly.

For me, my go-to's are typically the sword-whips and Tonbo for most content (Destreza is getting an uptick in use as well)

Absent that, I base my selections on my specific needs at the time.

I'd like to say the Iron Staff, but really it's going to be the Zaw Polearms/Staves. Besides damage, obviously, range is probably the single most important stat for melee weapons.

Hitting enemies from further away means you spend less time positioning and hit more enemies per swing, which is not only good in itself, but causes the combo metre to increase a hell of a lot faster thus leading to even higher damage.

For me orvius with the help of zakti.  it really helps me with squishy frame cause it can kill enemies in long distance and with homing mechanic i can just parkour away to dodging bullets and damage decrease with aviator mod

Personally, would probably go with my Skiajati or Nikana Prime. Or my Broken War. I just like one handed sword style weapons. One Handed Sword's upcoming Tengushen Skin is not a bad thing either.

Plague/Zaw polearms/staves. The fluid combat and customization options for them are hard to beat. It is difficult to find better hybrid options that makes great use of crit and status mods. And when it comes to the fluidity in combat it simply comes with the weapon classes. The major benefit of polearms and staves compared to heavy blades is there are few actual animation locks or attacks that restrict your movement. You can pretty much hack, slash and maim as you move onwards while also covering massive areas. Along with this and the fast attack speed of the classes it is easy to get good sliding attacks off in your combos/quick melee as needed.

For Melee mains - as stated, plague zaws or the nikana zaw blade on a staff.  That thing is nuts

For complimentary quick hitters?  Balla zaws, equip covert lethality.  

Main crit based - Guandao

Main status based - Lesion

For non zaw "quick hitters" Nami Skyla Prime

A lot of players swear by whips...I'm horrible with them, so bear this in mind when reading

My favorite is probably the Maiming Strike Atterax still, enjoying it before Melee 3.0.  It takes out everything in current end-game content for me in a hit or two but the best part is probably the range/speed/mobility.

Dohkram Greatsword Zaw was pretty good too, the range of the Atterax and a power near that of Gram Prime.  Speed of a Gram Prime too unfortunately but that can be fixed with arcanes/mods/War Cry.  Not sure if its range is still that high though after the recent patch.

If I'm trying to kill something level 300+ with melee though, I'd probably go with a status heavy Gram Prime.

Gunblades and the nikanas, combine them with an excal build for range and radial blind or an inaros to make them open to finishers and the stealth bonus, or just take them out with a toxic lash built saryn for even more melee fun.

Edited by Daskrieg