Status infection on Lephantis in plague star event

zteeldragon

Question

During the last PC plague star event, one of my run, I recon that the boss can be infected with status and was taken down very fast like a second or two per head or somewhat. I really wonder what happen in that particular run because usually the boss should not be effected by status effect. That run consist of random Ash, random Nyx, my friend and me. I exclude both of us from the factors since other run of us can't produce that result of bypass status immunity. If someone could help me figure out why that happen I would be very appreciated.

11 answers to this question

you can easily kill each head in moments with fast firing crit weapons (such as the tenora) or for even easier cheese, just use titania in pixie form, she melts lephantis and the plague variant in mere moments (esp using her pixie augment).

Edited by Methanoid

10 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

you can easily kill each head in moments with fast firing crit weapons (such as the tenora) or for even easier cheese, just use titania in pixie form, she melts lephantis and the plague variant in mere moments (esp using her pixie augment).

Thx for the advice but I only interested in that status infection because if I figure that out. It might be possible to infect status on every single boss in this game. I have no trouble taking down those head it would take may be about 5 second per head with my sicarus prime with unoptimized team.

There's a mod for melee that reduces armour everytime impact procs on the target, it's the same strat used with Sarpa during eidolon hunts. One person use Sarpa or Redeemer with the mod equipped and take down it's armour while a teammate melts it with dex pixia modded for radiation damage.

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697

the Hemocyte is immune to Status, so the only way to remove Armor is via Corrosive Projection, Abilities that reduce Armor, or Shattering Impact.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

One person use Sarpa or Redeemer with the mod equipped

Redeemer would be pretty slow and annoying, having to walk up and whack an Enemy numerous times doesn't sound like a fun time, heh (Redeemers' Shot is Blast Damage).

The boss is immune to status. You can still strip it's armor with Shattering Blow mod, or a few other warframe abilities like Oberon 2+4, or, what likely happened in your game, the Augment for Ash's 1.

Some other abilities that work on it are slows, like the one attached to Rhino's 4, or Nova's molecular prime.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

the Hemocyte is immune to Status, so the only way to remove Armor is via Corrosive Projection, Abilities that reduce Armor, or Shattering Impact.

Redeemer would be pretty slow and annoying, having to walk up and whack an Enemy numerous times doesn't sound like a fun time, heh (Redeemers' Shot is Blast Damage).

Not really, if there's a Volt on the team it's pretty easy to land a few charged attacks quickly, and I was using slova so there was no trouble from the infested either, when done right it takes about 10 seconds for a Titania to melt the target 

13 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Not really, if there's a Volt on the team it's pretty easy to land a few charged attacks quickly, and I was using slova so there was no trouble from the infested either, when done right it takes about 10 seconds for a Titania to melt the target 

i'll make it clearer - Redeemers' Shot is Blast Damage. Shattering Impact is useless on Redeemer unless you hit the Enemy with Melee attacks from Redeemer.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

i'll make it clearer - Redeemers' Shot is Blast Damage. Shattering Impact is useless on Redeemer unless you hit the Enemy with Melee attacks from Redeemer.

I just checked wiki for Redeemer and shattering impact and they both support what you said but I could swear that I was peppering the target with impact procs which seemed to drastically increase the damage it took, weird

Just now, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I just checked wiki for Redeemer and shattering impact and they both support what you said but I could swear that I was peppering the target with impact procs which seemed to drastically increase the damage it took, weird

Impact Status isn't Impact Damage :)
Redeemer can Stagger or Knockdown/Ragdoll Enemies when you shoot them, i haven't used it in years but the Stagger could be Impact Status, i wouldn't be surprised.

but Shattering Impact requires Impact Damage to be dealt, hehe.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

It's an interesting academic question as to if the redeemer works or not but in the end it really doesn't matter.  Use Oberon to strip the armor and forget all the nonsense with shattering impact.  I'm saying this as a player that used to use the sarpa but have now seen the easier and better path.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

It's an interesting academic question as to if the redeemer works or not but in the end it really doesn't matter.  Use Oberon to strip the armor and forget all the nonsense with shattering impact.  I'm saying this as a player that used to use the sarpa but have now seen the easier and better path.

I mean or you can just run n CP and power through with a Blitzwing. Either way you still have the reactive DR "cap" to deal with, and that'll typically absorb a lot more than the armor.