Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP, but without the actual PvP

RealHeftyTrout

Aight so let's get this out here, Conclave is dead, very dead, in fact, it is so dead that even Nekros couldn't resurrect it. You might be wondering why is it dead, the answer is pretty obvious, it's not well implemented. Balancing, movement, etc. Warframe's style of gameplay is just simply not meant for physical Player Vs. Player. I know this game's community gets VERY salty at even the slightest mention of any sort of PvP in WF. But hear me out. You're probably thinking "Hefty wtf does the vague and illogical title mean?". It means that the best way to implement PvP into WF is to simply not have actual PvP. It sounds confusing but I'll explain. There are different kinds of ways to have PvP without actually making it just strictly "kill other player". 

Time trials could be a type of PvP in the game, where a player(s) certain missions and compete with another player(s) to see who can do it in a shorter amount of time. Pretty much like a Time Trial from a racing game, you're competing against another player but you aren't physically going head to head against them. Obviously, if you win you get unique and special rewards. One player starts and the other spectates, once the player completes the objective the other takes his turn trying to defeat the first player's time, there would be a base time limit (If it's a capture mission the base time is 4 minutes otherwise the first player fails) to prevent lallygagging. (Ew)

Outlasting another player in endless missions. This would pretty much be a player or squad going against another player or squad seeing who can last more waves in defense, minutes in survival, or rounds in interception, the loser(s) is/are the player(s) who either exhaust all their revives/ the whole squad dies or fail their objective. 

This one kinda detracts with the theme but physical races similar to the ones in dojos, but with unique, challenging, and fairly long obstacle courses. With actual insentive and rewards, pretty much a mode in itself.

Battle Royale

Ripping off Gambit from Destiny 2, yeah it's Destiny 2 and ew but Gambit is a pretty fun mode and doesn't involve much physical PvP.

What do y'all think, do you think this is a good idea on fixing PvP issues or am I an idiot and you're all laughing at me saying "hey look at this doofus on the forums with his stupid ideas"

the two things that put a stink in Conclave is IPS Damage creates an optimal Damage distribution, and that most of the Abilities are get out of jail free cards, and not interesting.

but outside of that, Conclave is quite good. it's just something skill based, in a game that's almost entirely anti-skill. so it's unsurprising it isn't widely popular.

1 hour ago, RealHeftyTrout said:

Balancing, movement, etc. Warframe's style of gameplay is just simply not meant for physical Player Vs. Player.

Being a PvE and a PvP veteran, I can tell you that Warframe's movement system only truly shines in Conclave.
PvE is far too polluted with min-maxed speedrunning builds for the naunces of Parkour 2.0 to be appreciated.

"Warframe gives players a very powerful mobility system, with the unique quality that movements don't reduce weapon accuracy, but it goes to waste in PvE. In PvP, competition inherently demands that players make the most of the tools they're given. In this way, Conclave is the exaltation of Warframe's core mechanics.

It sounds confusing but I'll explain.

It only sounds confusing because you gave it an oblique name instead of just calling it "competitive PvE", which is exactly what you're trying to describe.

Time trials could be a type of PvP in the game, where a player(s) certain missions and compete with another player(s) to see who can do it in a shorter amount of time. Pretty much like a Time Trial from a racing game, you're competing against another player but you aren't physically going head to head against them. Obviously, if you win you get unique and special rewards. One player starts and the other spectates, once the player completes the objective the other takes his turn trying to defeat the first player's time, there would be a base time limit (If it's a capture mission the base time is 4 minutes otherwise the first player fails) to prevent lallygagging. (Ew)

Why? Why even have the spectating portion?
Is the second player going to learn something of value by watching the first player's approach and results?
If so, that's an unfair advantage. If not, then why waste the players' time, especially seeing as how there is literally zero interaction between them?

Outlasting another player in endless missions. This would pretty much be a player or squad going against another player or squad seeing who can last more waves in defense, minutes in survival, or rounds in interception, the loser(s) is/are the player(s) who either exhaust all their revives/ the whole squad dies or fail their objective.
physical races similar to the ones in dojos, but with unique, challenging, and fairly long obstacle courses. With actual insentive and rewards, pretty much a mode in itself.

Besides being an excuse for more rewards, how is this any different than two separate sessions being run independently?
Again, you have zero interaction between players, you're just comparing results. We already have the leaderboards for this.

What do y'all think, do you think this is a good idea on fixing PvP issues

I think you've misidentified the issues and prescribed an absurd remedy.

There is no point in "competitive" PvE if there's not going to be any interaction between the competing teams.
And if we're going to add real competitive interaction, it should be based on the core mechanics of shooting and movement, which - to nobody's surprise - is exactly what Conclave gives us now. Sure, I'd like to have a new objective-based mode to replace Cephalon Capture, but what you've laid out here is no different than forcing players to watch each others' Twitch streams.

I think they can do a lot with conclave..so much so they should get rid of it from Warframe in general and turn it over to another developer like they did with the Switch and just create a stand alone Warframe PVP game you can download for free...that way both communities could be free of the other's limitation on balance or not and have space afforded by the removal of the other for more content specific to that type of play style...nothing stopping you from having both games on a hard drive...

I just posted a call for De to use assets from Railjack to create a Dreadnought MOBA with the Ships from all the factions in Warframe for the Ludoplex...you guys got Framefighter..it's not beyond the capacity of De to make a third person giant space battleship PVP match with an Archwing map...I wish it was opposite for Dreadnought where they would do the reverse and release a PVE version of their game...I would be there right now...

Some PVE players would play PVP if it wasn't so personal...Death Matches are not going to entice them...but say something like Jets and Motorcycles in GTA was available on the Plains...that was fun because it's lopsided weird chase..and that can be ton of fun...then you have Indiana Jones from Halo 3  and Reach where players would make these courses where you had to race other players to the bottom while a fiery boulder of death chased after you...I never laughed so hard playing a PVP match..we were pushing each other into shield wall barriers to slow other players down and screaming all the way to the bottom, you know the old saying " I don't have to outrun that Bear.. I have to outrun you"...it tons of fun...

PVP players take PVP way too serious turing off players to it who would try out weird PVP game modes... I think Conclave has to be a little more creative and demand a Rocket League..Lunaro isn't it Chief....Heck anyone here play Strike Vector Ex..? You should be demanding a Archwing version of that game...it's flight mechanics were soon much fun...throw in bots so PVE players can get used to pop and lock of other players and then from that group you'll have players trickle into the real matches...or not,,but you never know unless tried...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey