Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please reduce the affect radius of Volt's speed ability

vizot

I don't like volt's speed forced on me. It gets annoying when I am forced to backflip every 10secs when doing a mission. I don't want to bump into every wall on the way to extraction. Limbo's stasis duration was nerfed for no reason just for allowing squad mates to shoot in stasis. Why not just reduce the range on volt's speed so I don't always get affected when a volt wants to speed run a mission. The last time I asked a volt player to not spam speed they started spamming it more frequently which meant no amount of backflipping was going to remove the buff. This was not the only time that happened either. I would like to do random fissure missions to collect prime parts but I always end up burning out on fissure missions when Baro arrives because of volt players speed running fissure missions all the time. I would run solo fissures if radiated relics had a higher chance to giver rare parts but even after doing every mission with a radiated relic the drop chance of rare is too low. And why does Chroma's buff have a base range of 12 when volt's speed has a 25m base radius. I would like to have elemental ward or vex armor but those have low range when speed has a high range.

4 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

5ce591c2ba.png

Posting the factually inaccurate Wiki page, 10/10.

Backflipping is not an opt-out by any definition of the term, it is also not even remotely a 'good' method with which to deactivate Speed. You know full well people are going to ague that it's not an effective solution. Your post lacks... constructivity.

Edited by DeMonkey

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Posting the factually inaccurate Wiki page, 10/10.

Backflipping is not an opt-out by any definition of the term, it is also not even remotely a 'good' method with which to deactivate Speed. You know full well people are going to ague that it's not an effective solution. Your post lacks... constructivity.

so solution is to make buffs only affect caster cause some dude may not like it?

There was a change once where the speed buff was a pickup, leading to a situation where any ranged ability may upset someone, some didn't like roar, some don't like vex armor, some don't like healing and so on.

It was reverted back due to the backlash, the players that want less efficient ways of doing missions are a minority and are usually not taken seriously

Get used to the speed, backflip or just don't sprint. The other player is helping you so you can do things faster, apreciate it instead.

Edited by KIREEK

Just now, Pro3Display said:

so solution is to make buffs only affect caster cause some dude may not like it?

That's one of many solutions, but not one raised by myself or the OP. My solution is to actually give us an opt-out, not an asinine means to deactivate it that has to be repeated every single time. /speed or /s in chat as a toggle for example would work fine, no need to open a menu, no chance of it being done accidentally but also pretty quick to perform in case you ever want the buff.

This doesn't detract from Volt in the slightest, and merely makes lives easier for other people. Win-win.

Nice though, put words in my mouth, magnificent start.

I typically have pretty low power strength on my Volt so people only really notice the speed a little but if you're running into these massive power strength Volt's all the time they buff your overall speed, like was suggested previously, you can just not sprint and you're now only as fast as a Volt with a lesser power strength.

Plus, how do you find enough of these high power strength Volt's that it annoys you? I only started seeing other people playing Volt once ESO came out. I've always been confused by high power strength Volt, he's so pointless, the attack speed is overkill if you have a normal build on melee, the reload speed isn't that much better than normal and the move speed is awkward. The only ability that benefits from it completely is his first ability, Shield is completely unaffected and his fourth ability scales much harder with range rather than strength. Range=Damage, as long as you don't have too much negative strength.

Plus I like having 280% range and buffing my allies up to just out of affinity range, it means I have to pay attention to my positioning to keep them constantly buffed in a survival, interception or the like.

1 minute ago, Cloudyvisage said:

I typically have pretty low power strength on my Volt so people only really notice the speed a little but if you're running into these massive power strength Volt's all the time they buff your overall speed, like was suggested previously, you can just not sprint and you're now only as fast as a Volt with a lesser power strength.

Plus, how do you find enough of these high power strength Volt's that it annoys you? I only started seeing other people playing Volt once ESO came out. I've always been confused by high power strength Volt, he's so pointless, the attack speed is overkill if you have a normal build on melee, the reload speed isn't that much better than normal and the move speed is awkward. The only ability that benefits from it completely is his first ability, Shield is completely unaffected and his fourth ability scales much harder with range rather than strength. Range=Damage, as long as you don't have too much negative strength.

Plus I like having 280% range and buffing my allies up to just out of affinity range, it means I have to pay attention to my positioning to keep them constantly buffed in a survival, interception or the like.

If you look there's always been one or two spread about for the "memes" 

Changing the range isn't the solution. 

It would be better to change the buff cap on allies so they aren't as strongly affected regardless of Volt's Power Strength. They can still get a buff that is enough to be both helpful and manageable for them, and volt can still max his strength to his heart's content and zoom around like the Flash. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Changing the range isn't the solution. 

It would be better to change the buff cap on allies so they aren't as strongly affected regardless of Volt's Power Strength. They can still get a buff that is enough to be both helpful and manageable for them, and volt can still max his strength to his heart's content and zoom around like the Flash. 

Capping it isn't the solution.

5 hours ago, vizot said:

The last time I asked a volt player to not spam speed they started spamming it more frequently which meant no amount of backflipping was going to remove the buff. This was not the only time that happened either. 

Then maybe you should have learned your lesson the first time, most Volt's are cucks.

Make volts speed = Chromas EW/VA  😂  would actually be a slight challenge to keep the buff on requiring you to keep pace with volt if you want it, and stay away if you don't want it or ask him if he wouldn't mind not using it.

...that^ being how chroma's useful abilities actually function...  the reality is real

8 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Stop holding sprint then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair... I played a relic defense mission yesterday with a Volt who kept the buff on through the entire length of time I could stand being in the group.  I was playing Ash, and I do not have his speed boosted but it was like ice skating just pressing forward... I had to wait to gain traction first, then as I got going, I couldn't turn well and had to jump in order to not bump into random crap, and attempt fighting this way.  First yes... it's a defense mission just ...why... but that point is more irrelevant.  The only control I had in the situation was to leave, so I left after I had my fill.  If a volt player wants to crackheadnezha around the entire map then kool, but I'm starting to lean towards the "roll out of it" side.

Edited by Conflux59

On 2018-11-04 at 8:06 PM, IceColdHawk said:

Stop holding sprint then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well, the volt decides the when to use his ability and I use toggle sprint. i just don't like bumping into every wall or corner. i usually run all my missions with sprint on and you are saying i should change my playstyle becoz of one frame. then why was it necessary to nerf Limbo (when everyone could just use melee ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)because i always liked the free energy and damage immunity frozen target but they nerfed his duration just to allow guns in stasis.

On 2018-11-04 at 8:07 PM, KIREEK said:

There was a change once where the speed buff was a pickup, leading to a situation where any ranged ability may upset someone, some didn't like roar, some don't like vex armor, some don't like healing and so on.

It was reverted back due to the backlash, the players that want less efficient ways of doing missions are a minority and are usually not taken seriously

Get used to the speed, backflip or just don't sprint. The other player is helping you so you can do things faster, apreciate it instead.

I don't hate the speed but I don't like bumping into every corner and wall. most volts run with max strength low duration build and im backflipping every 5-10 seconds, that makes the game annoying instead of fun. i usually run all my missions with sprint on and you are saying i should change my playstyle becoz of one frame. then why was it necessary to nerf LimboI. 

also, your comment about efficiency proves the fact that volts want to and can force their playstyle on others. I can move efficiently through all the maps with the frame I'm using but then a volt comes in with their own flavor of speed and that ruins my movement. And most of the time it's just running into walls and corners and then backflipping to move freely again.

Edited by vizot

On 2018-11-04 at 8:07 PM, NYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYXNYX said:

REEEEEEEE STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO.

NOW READ MY POST WHERE I DEMAND THAT THE DEV'S HEAR ME AND MAKE THE GAME TO MY LIKING, NOT YOURS!

well "logic" like your's didn't stop DE from nefring Limbo because everyone could just use melee in stasis.

On 2018-11-04 at 8:22 PM, Endrian said:

Also, go ahead and shrink Chroma's Vex Armor buff too, 'cuz I don't like having power forced on me.

yeah, cherrypick one part of my post and make a comment. I like buffs but "speed" has its drawbacks in WF like what i have already said in my post

On 2018-11-04 at 8:03 PM, Pro3Display said:

now you are trying to put words in my mouth i never said anything about making buffs only affect the caster. you said that. by reducing the affecting range the ability would only affect players close to him like Chrom's EW which has a very low range a buff which would actually be useful with no drawbacks.