Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please reduce the affect radius of Volt's speed ability

vizot

9 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Add a Duration Timer to the Roll-Out

so that when i opt out, I stay opted out for say 30secs or so

would help to deal with the Volt who likes to spam speed...

That is also a good solution for any trollable ability 

On 2018-11-04 at 4:38 PM, DeMonkey said:

That's one of many solutions, but not one raised by myself or the OP. My solution is to actually give us an opt-out, not an asinine means to deactivate it that has to be repeated every single time. /speed or /s in chat as a toggle for example would work fine, no need to open a menu, no chance of it being done accidentally but also pretty quick to perform in case you ever want the buff.

This doesn't detract from Volt in the slightest, and merely makes lives easier for other people.

This is probably the best solution I've seen to this issue. It sucks when you and some squadmates can handle the speed but somebody can't and is forced to it, or that you're forced to stop using speed because of it. I often ask randoms if they would like me to not use speed when speedVolting.

And for someone else who said you can't sprint with the fastest Volt buff: you can. I can prove it to you if you can keep up, I've met several people who can handle it like that. It's not much compared to how fast you go with Itzal on corpus archwing maps anyways.

Am 4.11.2018 um 15:40 schrieb (PS4)purpleskullgamin:

Nah, just buff the duration to 20 seconds.

While you're at it buff the reload speed multiplier as well.

For real though... main issue people may have with that ability is that a volt has to frickin SPAM it to get anything at all.

It would probably be a little better recieved when people wouldn't have to backflip every 6 seconds.

4 hours ago, vizot said:

now you are trying to put words in my mouth i never said anything about making buffs only affect the caster. you said that. by reducing the affecting range the ability would only affect players close to him like Chrom's EW which has a very low range a buff which would actually be useful with no drawbacks.

if you didn't notice it was not you who i quoted

1 hour ago, Pro3Display said:

if you didn't notice it was not you who i quoted

Either you were referring to my post, despite the fact that I blatantly didn't suggest such a thing, or you were referring to the OP. One of the two.

You have no argument, you put words in someone's mouth.

On 2018-11-06 at 5:39 AM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

For real though... main issue people may have with that ability is that a volt has to frickin SPAM it to get anything at all.

It would probably be a little better recieved when people wouldn't have to backflip every 6 seconds.

Wouldn't hurt to buff his base speed aswell bump the regular up to a 1.10 and prime to a 1.15

That way maybe people wont feel the need to build strength as much.

I don't think in this instance, any one change is going to make everyone happy, in terms of the skill itself. The only fix-all I could see is them adding an option or a slider in the control menu where you can either adjust the movement speed to what cap you want, or just allow you to not receive the buff at all. Sort of like how they have the Octavia-specific audio changes, which was also added entirely because of people being annoyed having the frame as an ally.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, they could just make a "max movement speed from ally buffs" slider, and not have it Volt specific at all. That way even a high power strength Zephyr with Tailwind wouldn't throw you off either, granted that's much less annoying, and more rare. Then you could still get a buff, but precisely at the degree you want to deal with.

Edited by Pryzmatiq

On 2018-11-07 at 10:38 AM, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Wouldn't hurt to buff his base speed aswell bump the regular up to a 1.10 and prime to a 1.15

That way maybe people wont feel the need to build strength as much.

They will still max the strength as much as they can for all of his other abilities, not specifically Speed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-11-08 at 11:52 AM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

They will still max the strength as much as they can for all of his other abilities, not specifically Speed.

Not necessarily,

Shock is rather useless so they probably wouldn't add power strength for that.

Shield isn't even effected by it.

And discharge is better off with duration and range, and scales better via the chains then power strength.

Right now speed is the only ability that really needs power strength to feel effective.

On 2018-11-08 at 1:24 PM, Wet_Tenties said:

the movement skill level of a warframe player can easily be found out by how they react to volt speed. 

I was actually just thinking about that as I was reading through. We have so much manueverability that Volts speed shouldnt be a nuisance. I never thought it was anyway. Just helps you get to where you're going even faster in a fast paced game.

Personally, at minimum the opt out should be a roll forward, not a backflip. That is insanely irritating to have to stop what I'm doing, aim and then dodge roll backwards just to be able to keep control of where I'm aiming. It's one thing to speed buff when I'm expecting it (i.e. when I'm playing Volt or Jet Stream Zephyr) and a completely different bunch of orangutans when I get it randomly mid bullet spray. I do like the option of having the slider in prefs too, but perhaps prefs are getting a little claustrophobic? There are a ton of options in there already. Adding this one in there somewhere may make them a little more crowded.

18 hours ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

I like the speed buff. I cannot see how anyone cannot like it? what's wrong with finishing mission and getting to extractions faster? Volt is usually the best candidate for relic exterminate because of it

Because it gets annoying after the 5th time of getting forcefully buffed. I don't know about you, but I enjoy playing the game. I don't enjoy getting forcefully sped up because someone has ants in their pants.

Came here to say that I love Volt's Speed when I farm relic captures. I run a high duration & strength with low range build but with primed flow I can cast it multiple times if I miss you.

For me it's not about trolling. If I see you in the back of the pack and we're at extraction I'm gonna give you a boost. 

If you use it enough, you'll stop bumping into walls.