Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Confusion

Phoonicles

Question

Alright everyone,

Im rankin up. Doin the grind. Havin a good time. Love this game.

Here's what I dont love:

Below are the ways a player can gain Mastery Points:

• Bringing up the ranks of Weapons, Sentinel weapons, and Archwing weapons will earn 100 mastery points for each rank gained up to Rank 30 for a total of 3,000.
  • Bringing up the ranks of Warframes, Companions and Archwings earn 200 mastery points for each rank gained up to Rank 30 for a total of 6,000.
  • Clearing the main objective of any Mission node for the first time and extracting will grant a predetermined number of mastery points (Map progress can be viewed in the general stats in the profile menu).
  • Victory against the opponent frame in a Junction grants 1,000 mastery points.

Copy-pasta straight from the wiki! According to this, with the 16 frames that I have maxed I should have a minimum of 96,000 Mastery-rank-points (I dont want to call it XP, but I guess that's really all there is to call it other than, what, affinity?). This should put me squarely at MR-18, however I am barely into MR-15 having maxed ~35% of all available weapons (totally a guess at this point cause I do not have access to actual statistics on that, only what the mobile-app will tell me). Consequently, the wiki also lists a secondary column that is titled 'Total XP Required.' As far as I can tell, that XP counter is the amount of XP it would take to level the above plagiarized info. What, in the 7 Circles of hell, does that actually mean?😄 And why am I NOT at MR-18 given that, with the frames alone, I have enough Mastery Points. (somethingsomething it takes 900,000 affinity (XP?)to max a frame).

Much Love,

Phoon

4 answers to this question

After each MR rank, the amount of Mastery points to reach the next increases. On the wiki there are two columns for required mastery points for  a reason. One (the one you're probably mistakenly looking at) is the Points needed to reach one MR form the Previous one and the other column lists the total MR points needed to reach that MR level from Rank 0. Basically those 96k MR points you got are the points needed to get from 17 to 18 not from 0 to 18, so being only 15 sounds about right to me.

I'm saying all this off the top of my head, I haven't double checked with the wiki yet.

2 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

After each MR rank, the amount of Mastery points to reach the next increases. On the wiki there are two columns for required mastery points for  a reason. One (the one you're probably mistakenly looking at) is the Points needed to reach one MR form the Previous one and the other column lists the total MR points needed to reach that MR level from Rank 0. Basically those 96k MR points you got are the points needed to get from 17 to 18 not from 0 to 18, so being only 15 sounds about right to me.

I'm saying all this off the top of my head, I haven't double checked with the wiki yet.

There we go! Ok, so it's not 92,500 Mastery Points to be at MR-18 but 92,500 MORE from MR-17 to MR-18.

That, uh..... That makes a lot more sense......

Thank you, EDM! 😄 😄 😄 😄