Weapon Utility/augment slot

Renevatio

There are lots of nice utility and augmented weapon mods that do not add extra damage for most but has utility, weapons with low tier damage can't even dream of having those mods because all we want is damage right? more damage so that we could make that weapon viable in high levels, sadly a lot of mods like hush and others cant make it up they are just forgotten, I do want to use those mods and augments like Tether granades or firestorm for my secura penta would be amazing
I just thought it would be nice for weapons to have 1 additional slot only for utility or weapon augment mods just like frames has exilus slot.
And yes im aware that there will be people who will say "too many slots already and weapons are too powerful" or something like that.

There's no need for it, if you want to use them mod then feel free to do so. The mod system is all about making sacrifices, if you want to use a certain mod then you need to take out another 

Plus, some of these mods you mentioned are situational at best, there's no point of using them all the time, and most of the 'utility' mods affect damage indirectly anyway 

The problem here isn't that there isn't enough room for utility mods, it's that mods like Serration and Point Blank exist. Raw damage mods just take up space and are aggravating. In terms of customizing a weapon, adding raw damage isn't a good idea in terms of a mod. Instead, mods should be utility based. In my honest opinion, it'd be better to see a buff to weapon damage and tie it to the weapon's level. I'd like to see more mods that increase magazine size be used, or something of the sort such as reload speed and fire rate. Straight damage is rather dull, and I'd like to see more variety in weapons.

56 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

I'd like to see more mods that increase magazine size be used, or something of the sort such as reload speed and fire rate. Straight damage is rather dull, and I'd like to see more variety in weapons.

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

There's no need for it... most of the 'utility' mods affect damage indirectly anyway 

Oh well that's sad, im sure people would be more motivated to use old weapons rather than stick to same meta weapons (example rubico prime and pyrana prime) like everyone else just because those are true powercreeps.
There could definitely be a lot of more weapon variations with exilus/utility or augment slot added its not like tetra would one shot everything in high levels if it had kinetic ricochet mod or glaxion had extra slot for like sinster reach because right now putting those mods instead of some damage/crit mod would degrade the already low dmg tier weapon even less efficent which is less fun as well and less motivating to use, soon we might not even need weapons at all.
Frames got exilus slots, the game improves over time so i hope one day we get this feature 

6 minutes ago, Renevatio said:

Oh well that's sad, im sure people would be more motivated to use old weapons rather than stick to same meta weapons (example rubico prime and pyrana prime) like everyone else just because those are true powercreeps.
There could definitely be a lot of more weapon variations with exilus/utility or augment slot added

Having more slots changes nothing.
Every weapon would get additional slots, even the top tier ones.
So with your idea the top tier weapons become even stronger. People will just keep on using these weapons. The will not switch to other weapons.