How Do I Trade Properly?

(XBOX)InstaFiz

Question

I think I'm at that state in the game where I wanna start making platinum. Problem is, so far I haven't found a good way to trade.

I have two questions.

1: How can I tell what an item is worth?

2: What's the best method of trading? Trade chat? Maroo's Bazaar? Clan trading post? warframe.market ?

(Maroo's Bazaar has been a bit of a problem for me. It seems like people wanna give you items more than platinum when you offer something.)

5 answers to this question

1.Use warframe.market for prices ( they aren't affiliated with warframe)

2. Me my self I usually use warframe.market since they also have a feature where you can trade and sell items there.I also use the trade chat sometimes but I switch from NA servers to EU or ASIA servers since NA servers are always flooded with messages making it hard for anyone to see your message.

4 hours ago, (XB1)InstaFiz said:

I think I'm at that state in the game where I wanna start making platinum. Problem is, so far I haven't found a good way to trade.

I have two questions.

2: What's the best method of trading? Trade chat? Maroo's Bazaar? Clan trading post? warframe.market ?

(Maroo's Bazaar has been a bit of a problem for me. It seems like people wanna give you items more than platinum when you offer something.)

1. use warframe market as a guide.

1. watch the in game trade chat for a guide of other players wts and wtb prices.

2. I only use in game chat and have got all possible prime weapons and frames and still have 7000+ plat just through grinding and trading.

2. make sure you join a clan so that you can make a deal and then invite the player to your dojo to complete the trade.

I strongly suggest you rank up 4 syndicates as these are a nice steady source of plat from selling the mods and weapons.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

4 hours ago, (XB1)InstaFiz said:

I have two questions.

Warframe.market is the best place to go to browse prices.  Trade chat can get a little messy, but you can manually set filters for keywords, like sorting only for posts that have things you want.

Trades require either visiting Maroo's Bazaar or a clan's Trading Post to actually perform a trade, and the number of individual transactions you can do are limited by your mastery rank (resets every day with the server reset).

Always trade for items, because DE will insure the transaction.  Never trade for promises, because DE won't insure the transaction.  Always double check your trade.  If you signal you're ready to trade and someone changes their offer, the system cancels your ready check.  After both parties signal they're ready, there's another 'Are you sure?' box, stating what the items to be traded are, and you can't agree to the trade for 3 seconds after the box pops up, just to be sure everything is in order.

If you're selling a Riven mod for thousands of plat, wait a few days before buying anything incase the buyer commits charge back fraud and the plat is deleted by DE's automated systems.  If you're plat balance dips in to the negative, you will be banned.

34 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

If you're selling a Riven mod for thousands of plat, wait a few days before buying anything incase the buyer commits charge back fraud and the plat is deleted by DE's automated systems.  If you're plat balance dips in to the negative, you will be banned.

Damn, that's #*!%ed up