Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Stats (most used/least used/per mastery rank)

Flying_Scorpion

DE Rebecca had data for us on a devstream that showed pie charts and spreadsheets on the most/least used warframes per mastery rank. I thought that was really cool and I would love to see more of it.

You can look at my comment in the youtube comments section to see my raw, unfiltered opinion of this video. But I will say it a little more politely here: Keep doing this type of stuff Rebecca. I actually liked it a lot and I am interested in seeing which warframes see the least use and try those warframes out for myself. I also find it really interesting that the most played warframe at MR 25 is Loki Prime (at least during the time of this snapshot). I am curious as to WHY that is. And I am curious how this snapshot changes from week to week. Like how will an event like plague star change the stats? How will the release of fortuna change the stats?

To the people who were on the devstream with her, please be a little more supportive and if you are there and you have nothing helpful to say...please follow the example of DE Steve and go quietly sleep behind the couch so the rest of us can watch what's going on during this segment. Thanks 🙂

I just find it kinda sad that they dont have these stats updated somewhere on the site, updated like every month like other developers do.

whould love to just pop in and see the most used weapon on my rank without having to wait for someone from DE to descent to us plebs and give us some statistics.

• Like 5

I would expect that as players increase in Mastery Rank, they do harder missions on average as compared to those of lower mastery ranks. Loki's entire kit is utility based, and thus scales infinitely while damage dealing frames such as Ember will inevitably have a damage fall-off. While Loki is extremely squishy, his kit makes him useful at all levels, and none of his abilities become useless as enemy level increases. Thus, more usage?

• Like 4

Just now, TheStag said:

I would expect that as players increase in Mastery Rank, they do harder missions on average as compared to those of lower mastery ranks. Loki's entire kit is utility based, and thus scales infinitely while damage dealing frames such as Ember will inevitably have a damage fall-off. While Loki is extremely squishy, his kit makes him useful at all levels, and none of his abilities become useless as enemy level increases. Thus, more usage?

That makes sense. I think it's cool how his description is that he's used by advanced players and well...whaddya know? He's the most used by MR 25 players (during this 1 week snapshot anyway). I wonder what the stats would look like now.

18 minutes ago, TheStag said:

i dont think you can simplify it like that.

let's look at a random damage dealing frame. saryn. oh whould you look at that, a damage dealing frame at #6,

while vauban prime at #46, which is a non-damage dealing (lets just sayhe doesn cc frame with lots of utility, no? (i didnt say "great utility", but "lots of utility" instead)

but honestly i couldnt even see nonprime vauban since she never scrolled that far down.

i think it's way more of a simple power question. "how good is the frame at what it's supposed to do (and extras), and how much do players want that ability in the current state of the game (state of the game in that MR rank)? And how much MORE can that frame do?"  instead of "damageframes bad, utility good". (Also availability of said frame is very important, especially in lower MR ranks)

as another example, volt. he's at #5 and #8, which combined is a huge part of the total usage amount even tho you never need more then 1 in a party since his main use is just to speed things up. But in every level of warframe play, running to the objective is a big part of the gameplay of most missiontypes so he sees great usage in every MR rank and often times when you do lower level content you might not switch to a better suited frame for the mission types simply because he's almost always usefull anyway.

Edited by iHaku

loki and ash both are stealth and fast frames. stealth is god mode. at mr25 there are weapons enough, mods enough to melt everything. a dps frame doesn’t matter for most grind.

So loki (or ash) lets you make a b line to the objective, not wasting time on enemies you dont care about. Loki/ash can engage at will and then just disappear. A disarm here and there and bye bye anything. In low energy situations he’s still good because his kit doesn’t demand much energy. That just leaves mobile defense and defense (sortie) for limbo or another strong cc frame.

At mr25, I’m looking to get in and out of a mission asap, 90% of the time. The hoard is meh.

Loki is speediest so..

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

• 1 month later...

@(PS4)teacup775 - it’s a shame that you feel that you have to rush through the levels and get from A to B in record time.

Granted, when you have to grind for something several times over - the novelty of playing that level again and again, starts to wear thin. 

However, I still like finding parts of a tile set that I never knew existed. Or finding caches and rare mods by going off the beaten track. I virtually never have resource issues when it comes to building equipment as I have a stockpile to fall back on. Moreover, it’s still fun to team up with three other randomers and take on the enemies within the level.

I’m not saying your approach is necessarily wrong - just that you’re missing out on the ‘meat’ of the game and the bulk of the effort that DE has put into its development over the years. The constant mega-rush to the objective itself, becomes boring imo.

Take the likes of the FIFA games. The ultimate aim is to clearly to score goals. But if you’re doing that consistently within ten seconds flat - it soon becomes a yawn-fest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Minus-Xero said:

However, I still like finding parts of a tile set that I never knew existed. Or finding caches and rare mods by going off the beaten track. I virtually never have resource issues when it comes to building equipment as I have a stockpile to fall back on. Moreover, it’s still fun to team up with three other randomers and take on the enemies within the level.

There is no off the beaten path left at this stage. I run syndicates everyday, meaning most tiles get visited regularly, and the trickster boy is the main here for the bulk of missions. I break every container for stars, sculptures, medalions. Every cranny tile corner is visited and I have resources for the next aeon.

Relatively, enemy level is quite low so killing units is bland. I use Loki for cache missions (again for speed and less hassle with enemies) and derelict corrupted farms.

Consider infested missions like hive. With loki (or any stealth) infested units are aren’t much of a consideration. Simply pop the zits (eeew, right?) and cruise around and on out.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

On 2018-11-05 at 5:18 AM, iHaku said:

I just find it kinda sad that they dont have these stats updated somewhere on the site, updated like every month like other developers do.

I don't know... Blizzard offer "pick rate" statistics and all that seems to do is make people artificially call for buffs, nerfs and abuse on their team-mates. Why are you playing Sombra? Sombra sucks, her pick rate is like 0.5%! Why aren't you playing Mercy, she has to be in every match according to the charts! That's definitely invaluable information to a development team, but how invaluable is it really TO US? A little information is often worse than no information at all as it makes one FEEL informed while being just as uninformed as if no information were available.

That said... I wouldn't exactly mind having those stats publicly available. If the spreadsheets popped up on the forums, you won't see me posting about how they should be taken down or anything of the sort.

• 2 weeks later...