why was my post moved?

JarodDempsey

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Because that's where all of the feedback for Garuda goes?

A new ability suggestion is not a fan concept, it's feedback. You're saying, "this current ability is not good enough, this would be better imo".

Since when is an idea for a new ability not a fan concept?

Just now, Zanchak said:

Fan concepts are generally from the ground up, not just a change to an otherwise already created frame, which is feedback.

ok fine but even accepting that, why would my thread be turned into a comment on someone elses thread and moved to the general discussion instead of the feedback page, it just makes 0 sense.

10 minutes ago, JarodDempsey said:

Since when is an idea for a new ability not a fan concept?

Since you're saying, "this current ability is not good en- hang on a second. I'm getting de ja vu.

7 minutes ago, JarodDempsey said:

someone elses thread

It's a megathread, it's location is irrelevant. The Devs are aware of it and have taken feedback from it.

There's more to discuss than provide feedback on, considering the frame isn't even in the game yet.

better to leave everyones individual threads to survive on their own merit instead of being instantly buried in page 43 of some defunct nearly month old post. 

FFS i coudnt even find it except by using my post history to get to it and then go up a level and then down a page because the thread itself is buried on page 2 of the general discussion of the feedback category and isnt even being pinned to the 1st page despite new posts being added to it by the mods! Theyre effectively deleting all new discussion about her by moving all the threads there since the megathread itself is buried not to mention all new posts are buried under nearly 50 pages of comments. Extremely poor form on the part of the forums mods.

5 minutes ago, JarodDempsey said:

better to leave everyones individual threads to survive on their own merit instead of being instantly buried in page 43 of some defunct nearly month old post. 

Yeah, imagine if everyone did the same thing as you. 43 Pages of comments translated into 1000+ topics ? An insufferable nightmare.

That's already ridiculous to have 43 pages of FEEDBACK on a Frame that does not exist yet, but somehow everyone wants to change it because it is useless.

They spam the board. Standing on their own merit won't work when its about the same subject, people will just respond to whatever topic they see at the time on the subject, which will already be fluctuating as people who want THEIR special idea seen and think this is the way to do it, make their own topics and artificially bump them so it is seen on the first page. If you think the Garuda thread is "buried" then go comment in it. Its a  feedback megathread so the devs are likely more inclined to be tracking that, regardless of the page they are on, anyway, as opposed to your standalone topic.

Edited by UrielColtan