Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvements to the open worlds

Waterbeacon

So I was originally gonna make a topic about the threat that EA's new IP Anthem poses to warframe but what I was going to propose is pretty much just changes to the open worlds so here we go.

Changes too both:

Add Danger zones. In Anthem there are these things known as "Shaper storms" in witch a supernatural storm would form, causing trouble for the freelancers. I propose that in venus there are random snowstorms that would form, limiting sight, doubling enemy level and adding a lightning threat. you could also do something like this in POE where randomly at lakes sentient tendrils would spawn, lashing out at players, draining energy and potentially spawning weaker, smaller Eidolons, or larger vobi's. these events would be random.

Survival and Excavation: Just add these modes, there is no reason not to, just have the LS and Excavators spawn near the groups current position so avoid hassle (Also have some reason for there to be LS).

Enemy incursions: Have it so that there can be invasions in TOV and POE where enemy ships could crash into the plains or Vallis (Like legit crash, something like on europa) you can do bounties for either faction and they would have the normal rewards system. You can either attack the Normal camps on the open world or Invade the new ship, playing in the regular corpus or grinneer tileset (Have the location of the enemy ship be random) . Also have Void fissures added as well as random opposing faction drop ships stop by occasionally.

POE Changes:

Add a new Dungeon system: Complete at hard bounty then venture into the caves to fight some resurrected sentient shard or something. Have its stats and attacks also be selected from a random pool so you never know what to expect.

Add sentient drop ships that will appear during the day to give a bit of a challenge. Also add a new bounty where The sentients will collect kuva to give to the eidolon, you must stop the sentients from collecting the kuva and that will weaken the Eidolon/Sentient boss at the end, this would be a part of the dungeon system above ^^.

TOV Hopes:

Can really say changes due to the fact that it hasn't been released yet but if something was done like what I mentioned above or you could have the kingpin system integrated into TOV. I also suggest an Assasination mission that will randomly happen weekly Called "Stop the taxmen" where the tenno have a collective effort to stop the taxmen (Funnily enough) Where the squad would fight against corpus that have entered fortuna, the score at the end would give you a discount from all vendors for the next 3 days.

These are just some changes i propose, it less of minor changes and more large amounts of content but i feel that this would be nice in keeping things fresh.

Life Support on PoE ? Which means the entire Earth is contaminated ? I don't think any Life Support Capsule would be strong enough for that.

That's exactly why they replaced Survivals in outside maps by Excavations. I could see Excavations work, though, even though that would be a pain in the ass to protect due to the open landscape.

20 minutes ago, Waterbeacon said:

Add Danger zones. In Anthem there are these things known as "Shaper storms" in witch a supernatural storm would form, causing trouble for the freelancers. I propose that in venus there are random snowstorms that would form, limiting sight, doubling enemy level and adding a lightning threat. you could also do something like this in POE where randomly at lakes sentient tendrils would spawn, lashing out at players, draining energy and potentially spawning weaker, smaller Eidolons, or larger vobi's. these events would be random.

I'm pretty sure they said awhile back in one of the dev streams that there will be random storms (or at least something like you described.