The Hydron Crisis.

(PSN)Poestis

Insert sinister smile here..

THIS IS JUST AN IDEA, maybe the game can insert or have something like this further down the line.  My reason WHY, is because I have had some many friends quit playing Warframe (of course they will come back for Fortune... hopefully.) BECAUSE, they were stupid and only leveled on ONE mission and got SUPER bored of the mission and so that's what they remember of the game.  I literally stopped recommending Hydron after that and started recommending Dark Sectors.  Of course, no body wants to listen to that though.

I think there should be an event or maybe even a full time patch to prevent people from doing the same missions time after time after time... making them, more over probably bored of the game like my friends.  Say you do the same mission over 3 times.. there should be a lockout where it requires you to go somewhere to do a boss (maybe uniquely, automatically like Zenuka death?!) or just a general redirection, where it points out 2 or 3 other Dark Sectors which are good for leveling.  It would SURPRISE gamers, and and keep them tuned in, instead of falling asleep on Hydron 4x times in a row.. plus if it's a Dark Sector it has XP bonuses anyway.. GEEZE, would be helping these bored people and surprisingly matchmaking them at the same time.  Add a few lines of dialogue from Ordis on how some sort of crap went wrong... done!

Also, for not me but for newbies sakes, put Dark Sectors on the hover over for all gaming systems.  Kind of sick of explaining it as the one Icon that looks like an infested Warframe symbol.

All for consideration down the line..  Just sick of losing friends to level grinding boredom, I know to change it up but some people don't consider it.

Thanks for reading.

-Bauchie or EltsopR

Edited by (PS4)bauchie

I don't think forcing people to stop doing something they want to do is a good idea. I've enjoyed leveling some things in Hydron, that means I should be forced out of it? At most, there should be some sort of in-game voice line or tip that suggests not spending all of your time in one mission. But taking away player choice isn't a good idea.

2 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

I don't think forcing people to stop doing something they want to do is a good idea. I've enjoyed leveling some things in Hydron, that means I should be forced out of it? At most, there should be some sort of in-game voice line or tip that suggests not spending all of your time in one mission. But taking away player choice isn't a good idea.

Okay then, you get shoveled out once into this and then you have the option to build something that takes less than a minute you keep in your 99 gear wheel that opts out of ever doing it again.  There!  fixed.  lol.  Got that you have that kind of attitude and drive to keep playing the same over and over.. It's good for a wake up call from the average mission where you know what to expect!  Surprises happen in life, why not in more games.

Voice Idea at minimal would be a good idea.

And by the way, I'm not talking about surprises like the new Diablo game on 1 horrible platform, lol.

Edited by (PS4)bauchie
HORRIBLE

a simple no to restrictions in player choice.

- if people are stupid enough to spend their whole Warframe-Life on Hydron and then complain that Warframe is boring, its their fault.

- there are plenty of scenarios in which you wanna do the same missions more often (getting relics, ressources, Warframe- or Weaponparts from bosses) and some might even enjoy a certain mission because it fits their definition of "fun" and only want to play this mission. And now they are not allowed to have fun as much as they want there because some nuts dont understand that if you play not even 1% of the available content a game has to offer it might get boring?.......

- also fissure missions, there are lots of players that do certain fissure missions more then 3 times a day for various reasons aswell. Also, Neo-fissures on Uranus are pretty much always on the same node. So once you did it 3 times you are out for the day? And then imagine all the salt when 2 players only wanna do a quick mission but the other 2 are in allowed mission 3/3 and wanna stay long because its their last chance of playing that mission....that will be awesome ^^

You said it yourself, your friends have been stupid, not the game.

If you wanna change this "issue", the better way to go would be offering more options to lvl your stuff.

Because the differences are simply to high. You can chose to either go 10 waves (under 10 minutes) to lvl a weapon to r30 or play a lith-fissure for an hour and still dont reach lvl30.

Edit: I also made a post a long time ago in which i adressed this issue in a different way, my possible solution to add variety in leveling was that you dont have to rely on passive XP gain from teammates as much as you do now. I wanted that playing solo and doing all by yourself would be as efficient as leveling in a group of 4 players. so you could lvl a weapon in the same time as it would take you on hydron by doing solo-exterminations on any planet you like for example.

Edited by DreisterDino

I think sanctuary onslaught has potential for better exp than Hydron, but because of it being so random in exp gain and more reliant on somebody nuking the map for you, people prefer Hydron where everybody contributes. I usually run Hydron because I don't wanna get much less exp in onslaught due to bad maps and no nuker teammates.

A place that would be somewhere on thw same level with Hydron in terms of exp consistently would be nice. Also devs should look into exp gained from fissures and such, as said above. It's nowhere near balanced in its current state.

There was talk at one point about setting up a system where playing the same mission repeatedly would cause diminishing XP/Focus gain. Not sure what happened to that, but it would definitely help solve this issue. Regardless, it's better to recommend Sanctuary Onslaught for these things, since it has variety by its very nature.

43 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

There was talk at one point about setting up a system where playing the same mission repeatedly would cause diminishing XP/Focus gain. Not sure what happened to that, but it would definitely help solve this issue. Regardless, it's better to recommend Sanctuary Onslaught for these things, since it has variety by its very nature.

I don't think that's necessary. If I want to grind out XP on Hydron, and I enjoy doing so, why should I be penalized for that? My variety comes from different weapons and frames, and that's enough variety for me(and I play more than just Hydron as well, I just use Hydron to level). It's just one form of grind in a game all about grinding, why don't we nerf drops if people spam the same node? It's the same issue, people farming one node repeatedly, but that would just make the community unhappy. If the community is mostly happy as-is, is it really an issue?

Edited by CoolDudeMcCool
because edit

vor 2 Stunden schrieb EmissaryOfInfinity:

lol....

typical DE-approach 😀 (just kidding^^) Dont buff the missions that are bad for leveling, nerf the 1 good spot to level stuff.

thank god they only talked about it and then forgot it...

PS: if you would need to lvl your stuff only once i think it would be ok if it takes longer then on Hydron and nerfing that one mission a bit would be even ok for me ..but since you need to lvl all the stuff again and again and again or lvl zaws in a completly unusable state before they are gilded, this would be horrible..

Edited by DreisterDino

Part of the issue is that if you want to make best use of a weapon or frame you need to level it several times depending on how many Forma you apply.

Admittedly I'm no longer in a place where I have another 300 things to go, so my choice right now is see what Riven I got and is it worth doing something with it.

So typically 20-40 minutes afterwards I'm ready to go and have fun.

Leveling everything RIGHT NOW is boring, always was... always will be... if that's all you do.

I did it organically.  Have at least one weapon that is maxed out and preferably fun to use and bring other stuff along while I just play whatever.  But I hit the edge of what could be done around Volt Prime Access and having to wait for new releases before I could continue whereas newer players have this mountain of gear in front of them.

At the end of the day it is their choice of how they want to play.  It's not for you, I or even DE to make them play in a certain way unless it's harming other peoples fun.