Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the Server Upgrades include the Game Update download servers?

Shadow-Spawn

Those Game Update download servers are not fast at all.
In fact they came to a crawling speed when the last Mainline Update was released.

The Mainline Update was around 3GB in size - I wonder how big the size of the Fortuna Update will be.
It would be great to play Fortuna on the same day that it's actually released.

5 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

It would be great to play Fortuna on the same day that it's actually released.

Well... When something is released, the point is that you can play it... O.o

Edited by mikakor

if you're having troubles updating Warframe, the two likely possibilities are something to do with the way your Network is setup, or a regional issue.
regional issues (aka telling the Datacenters to fix their crap over and over, or even just fixing their stuff for them) are fixed ASAP, but Digital Extremes must be notified of localized CDN issues and the people that would be tasked with resolving it must be awake or available.

suffice to say that those sorts of issues are not deliberate and are almost always limited to certain areas (since obviously someone in... Austrailia is not downloading an Update from US East or EU, but from a Datacenter local to their area). because the problems are localized, it's not like there's a control center at Digital Extremes covered with warning lights to alert to a problem. can only be detected by looking for it, in every region one at a time. there's... a lot of them, so if you want it fixed ASAP, you gotta make sure you stick up a flag in the air.

That last 1.5GB update got downloaded at a brisk ~30 MBps (or ~240 Mbps) pretty consistently, through it did take time to ramp up to that speed.

not sure what's driving the desire for a update host

at this speed it'd take somewhere around 3-5 minutes to update if there is no interruption in through-put

Edited by MakeLuvNotWerFrame

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

if you're having troubles updating Warframe, the two likely possibilities are something to do with the way your Network is setup, or a regional issue.
regional issues (aka telling the Datacenters to fix their crap over and over, or even just fixing their stuff for them) are fixed ASAP, but Digital Extremes must be notified of localized CDN issues and the people that would be tasked with resolving it must be awake or available.

suffice to say that those sorts of issues are not deliberate and are almost always limited to certain areas (since obviously someone in... Austrailia is not downloading an Update from US East or EU, but from a Datacenter local to their area). because the problems are localized, it's not like there's a control center at Digital Extremes covered with warning lights to alert to a problem. can only be detected by looking for it, in every region one at a time. there's... a lot of them, so if you want it fixed ASAP, you gotta make sure you stick up a flag in the air.

Well, I am in Northern Europe with a high-speed stable internet connection - but I guess, that DE could use lower speed servers for the European region.

That does not make sense to me from a business point of view due to the big population we have here all with high-speed Internet connection.

1 hour ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

That last 1.5GB update got downloaded at a brisk ~30 MBps (or ~240 Mbps) pretty consistently, through it did take time to ramp up to that speed.

not sure what's driving the desire for a update host

at this speed it'd take somewhere around 3-5 minutes to update if there is no interruption in through-put

Well the last Mainline download was only using about 5% of the Internet connection available. So what should have been downloaded in less than an hour took way way longer time.

I was not the only one with this issue - but it seemed, that some of the lucky ones downloaded it just fine at their normal internet download speed. 👍

this is what happens when you have loads of people downloading the same thing, it happens every game tbh and one of the main reasons why alot of games have the pre load feature to elevate the traffic all at once. DE dont have this option available they way they do things so its just the way it is

the mainline update was about 20 mins for me but as soon as people started finishing the speeds on my end started to go to what they should be, that was 20 mins here in europe so if you wont have the game playable the same day then your internet is to blame and not anything to do with DE. within a hour the traffic will have died down and within two then there wont be any so again after that point the issue is on you im afraid

1 hour ago, pig666eon said:

this is what happens when you have loads of people downloading the same thing, it happens every game tbh and one of the main reasons why alot of games have the pre load feature to elevate the traffic all at once. DE dont have this option available they way they do things so its just the way it is

the mainline update was about 20 mins for me but as soon as people started finishing the speeds on my end started to go to what they should be, that was 20 mins here in europe so if you wont have the game playable the same day then your internet is to blame and not anything to do with DE. within a hour the traffic will have died down and within two then there wont be any so again after that point the issue is on you im afraid

My internet is just fine - I have download the entire 18.5GB game in less than two hours without any problems.👍 Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the game updates.

5 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Well, I am in Northern Europe with a high-speed stable internet connection - but I guess, that DE could use lower speed servers for the European region.

i did not say a single thing about "my Servers a nerfed". i said that issues happen, but they will be localized to one area, and can be fixed, so long as Digital Extremes knows about them. (like i mentioned previously, telling Datacenters to fix their crap and stop doing things wrong, over and over)
if you want such problems resolved in a timely manner (or at all potentially), you need to bring it to attention.

45 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i did not say a single thing about "my Servers a nerfed". i said that issues happen, but they will be localized to one area, and can be fixed, so long as Digital Extremes knows about them. (like i mentioned previously, telling Datacenters to fix their crap and stop doing things wrong, over and over)
if you want such problems resolved in a timely manner (or at all potentially), you need to bring it to attention.

That's what am doing right here though - again I have no problems when downloading the main game of 18.5GB.

It's only related to the game updates.

37 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

That's what am doing right here though

you aren't, because:

• you're in General Discussion
  • no information about your situation
  • should be directed to Support instead

talk to Support, describe what appears to be an issue related to CDN, and include your location so that the few that would be burdened with fixing it can figure out where to look.
some other information that might prove useful is the Launcher Log - run the Launcher again and let it try updating for a while (5-10min or something to get good data), then close the Launcher and attach the Log to your Support Ticket.
you can find the Launcher Log at "%localappdata%\Warframe\Launcher.log" if you don't know where it is.

basically include all details you can.

Edited by taiiat

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you aren't, because:

• you're in General Discussion
  • no information about your situation
  • should be directed to Support instead

talk to Support, describe what appears to be an issue related to CDN, and include your location so that the few that would be burdened with fixing it can figure out where to look.
some other information that might prove useful is the Launcher Log - run the Launcher again and let it try updating for a while (5-10min or something to get good data), then close the Launcher and attach the Log to your Support Ticket.
you can find the Launcher Log at "%localappdata%\Warframe\Launcher.log" if you don't know where it is.

The entire game was also downloaded using the Launcher and as I said before with no issues.

But thanks I will keep that in mind if I have the same issues when downloading the new Fortuna patch.