Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways to protect your account?

Nihil501

Question

Hey all,

I'm just curious what is the best way to protect your account from being hacked and accessed by unwanted persons.

I know there is the 2 factor authentication, but I have read so many negative feedback about it, that i'm not sure if it is worth or advised to use.

1st question: What do you think about the token?

2nd question: Does linking your Steam and Warframe account doing anything in this matter?

I have my Steam linked to Warframe. Can anyone still access my account without the need to log into my steam too? Just with the client itself?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Nihil501 said:

Can anyone still access my account without the need to log into my steam too? Just with the client itself?

Well, you can still use the 'standalone' launcher without the need to ever touch Steam, so yes. Someone can do that.

3 minutes ago, Nihil501 said:

1st question: What do you think about the token?

What token?

4 minutes ago, Nihil501 said:

but I have read so many negative feedback about it

I use it, have done for a while now. I have not had any problems with it at all. What exactly is your biggest issue or issues with it?

Best way to protect the account is exactly the same with every other account you use:

• Sensible password.
  • 2FA (if you want it).
  • Never share your details.
  • Only login on devices you know are safe.
  • Probably more things too.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Nihil501:

I have my Steam linked to Warframe. Can anyone still access my account without the need to log into my steam too? Just with the client itself?

Since you need to enter your Warframe-account data to enter the game, yes, they obviously can without your steam account.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Nihil501:

I know there is the 2 factor authentication, but I have read so many negative feedback about it, that i'm not sure if it is worth or advised to use.

Sources?

Edited by Walkampf

11 minutes ago, Nihil501 said:

I'm just curious what is the best way to protect your account from being hacked and accessed by unwanted persons.

Use a very sophisticated password and don't use that password anywhere else.
Something like B4(A&0`#Z<?$f;#s->3;z
Pro tip: Don't use this example 😂

Thanks guys,

Yeah, I'm using only 1 device. My PC. And my password is fortunately strong enough to give too much trouble to crack to be worth doing it. But we never know.

I just read things/issues with the authenticator here on the forum and mostly on reddit that  the authenticator wasn't working or was impossible to deactivate/activate on a new device.

But now I'm suspicious that something happend on my account because I'm missing almost 900K credits (trade tax?) and my platinum amount went down too fast. (I'm using mobile app for crafting ect. and maybe i just didn't noticed how much i'm crafting and how much i'm spending on forma and reactors 😄 )

But want to have my account safe.

It would be btw awesome if we could any time check our login history.