Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Theory, Spoiler free] Corps DO knows the cloning technology + their strategy to defeat Grineer

EnderCorePL

First of all let me claim, that I'm not the best theorist in terms of presenting proof neither I do it often. As well, English is a language I constantly use, but it still is not my native, so forgive me any grammar errors. Now, to the thing;

I've been playing Warframe for quite a while and fighting Corpus always seemed a little off for me, especially since I've heard multiple times, that Corpus "never fight for themselves" or use robots/proxies to do the dirty job. The question is; Who the hell are the countless, even more common than MOAs and Osprays, Crewmen? My answer is, they are not human, they are clones just like the Grineer, they can be androids or cyborgs of course but the thing is, they're mass-produced. One of the first things, that caught my attention and made me suspicious is their size difference depending on their role, take a look;

corpus_by_endercorepl-dcr8kbf.png

Wardens and techs are way bigger than usual Crewmen and it just can't be the matter of suits. Same goes for Eximus units.

grinir_by_endercorepl-dcr8kcf.png

Here are Grineer, see similarities?

corpusgriner_by_endercorepl-dcr8kbn.png

This one is a result of glitch and wasn't intended, but sure as hell the thing is pretty obvious on this one.

As you can see. Now, think about it, Corpus is way more advanced than Grineer, why wouldn't they be able to create the cloning technology themselves? Like, seriously, think about it for a moment. They pretend they don't have the technology, perhaps even Crewman themselves have no idea they're clones as they can have an implemented memories, otherwise the whole solar system would know because at least one of the capture targets would finally say something. Why would they pretend? The answer is simple and we can find it on Uranus after some closer look and analysis. Tenno know about Grineer laboratories and experiments on new units, they keep sabotaging those and stopping any progress towards hatching new units. Corpus however, keeps it all in a secret.

Now, I want to share my thought on where those labs can be and trust me, this is another proof of how clever the Corpus are. In my opinion it'll be Europa. Corpus ice bases seem t be a ruin, all covered with ice and in scraps, seemingly destroyed. Although, they're still functional, how it is that even with so many resources they just can't repair them or simply not allow it to fall into ruin? Well, because this is another trick to fool Lotus and the Tenno, the whole ruined bases are nothing but a hoax, a cover. Look at it, there's seemingly no technology or anything valuable to look for there, a perfect place to hide a complexes of advanced cloning and research labs. Entrances you ask? Simple as that, Corpus can just install panels and gate systems into seemingly innocent piles of ice rumble.

Final question; Why Corpus seem to loose with Grineer despite having better robotics and cloning technology? Well, this is just another trick, there was a term for this strategy I can't really recall. The thing is, they loose battles to win the war. Look at how their territory is placed around Uranus ( Which we can assume is the most important planet for the Grineer. )

territory_by_endercorepl-dcr8owd.png

What I assume about what is going on; Corpus builds a great army on Europa, great enough to capture Uranus within a single strike. By loosing some battles and giving most of the planets up to Grineer, they build up fake enemy confidence and so, make them less prepared for a stealth attack. When they'll capture Uranus, it'll be over for Grineer, of course they may have some smaller cloning labs on other planets, but this is their main source of fire power, without which they'll be done for.

One more thing I've noticed while writing this theory; Can you see how Eris, the only planet fully taken by infestation is placed? Yes, it is near Grineer and it used to belong to Corpus. I honestly think this might just as well be another smart move of our capitalists. Corpus knows their enemy well, and they know how fragile are Grineer to the infestation, so they gave up to it a planet closest to Grineer territory. ( Yes, I know, Eris isn't really a planet in real world, it's a dwarf planet just like Pluto )

more likely they use artificial breeding and use a larger gene pool this prevents the genetic abnormalities that are dooming the grinder.  this is also part of why they are a matriarchy as males are more susceptible to recessive genetic disorders.  

Edited by spirit_of_76

Yeah, in the game codex it actually describes the Corpus Crew as: "Corpus labour and security forces are composed mostly of purpose-bred humanoid crewmen, and animal-like robots; both equally indoctrinated into ritualized and propagandist devotion to labour and work."

So they are pretty much the same as clones but more specialized is what I take from that.

This line could also add that MOAs can think and have feelings\opinions I guess?  Never thought of them like that before.

Though Eris should be the furthest dwarf planet (unless you count The Goblin) out in the Solar System and far far away from even Pluto's orbit, unless the Orokin moved it (which they probably could if they felt like it.)

Edited by Ailyene

15 hours ago, Ailyene said:

purpose-bred humanoid crewmen

Selective breeding and indoctrination seems more like specialized slaves than clones, for sure.

15 hours ago, Ailyene said:

This line could also add that MOAs can think and have feelings\opinions I guess?  Never thought of them like that before.

Same. I never thought of them as sentient (in mind, not the faction lol), but I suppose it makes sense since much of the technological beings we know of in this game are.

Looking for the sense where isn't one to make. Don't think that DE as tried to create a back story with that depth, this is not Hallo.

As I posted...

There are much more of this, like the fish that appear predetors with others, rock or gem doesn't have particular places for them (it's all random).

I think you got it backwards :).

There has been 2 times in the history when Corpus got nearly completely removed from existence.

1. During the Gradivus Dilemma, Sargas Ruk demanded Corpus to literally give away all their territory. It was not an empty threat, if there was no Tenno to balance out the fight, we would not see Corpus anymore.

2. During the Archwing quest, Vay Hek's Balor Fomorians (which he continues to pump out) were able to destroy the most powerful ships of the Corpus in a single shot. A single shot. Only because we destroyed Vay Hek's fleet, the Corpus even exists.

Basically, Corpus should thank the Tenno for not letting them get wiped out from the system several times over.

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I was going along with it untill I saw the marks you made on the map.

Dude...

hqdefault.jpg

On 2018-11-05 at 2:29 PM, EnderCorePL said:

Uranus  (Which we can assume is the most important planet for the Grineer. )

territory_by_endercorepl-dcr8owd.png

Oh, I just noticed as well, lol. I wonder why he didn't mark that Earth, Ceres, Mars and Sedna are Grineer-controlled? Also, Earth is considered Grineer capital planet, while their main forces remain on the Kuva Fortress, which is mobile and stealthily moved around the system with no detection until War within, so corpus doesn't even know where it is.