Operator weapons and more

Baciloid

I have a small idea, I know that it is not so easy to translate into life. If it were possible to make the weapons of operators modular, so that it would be possible, with a complete improvement of its parts, to be able to disassemble and assemble other parts with improvements, so as not to assemble a new one. There is also an idea to make frames with elementary abilities immune to this type of damage, For example, the Volt is immune to electricity, Frost to cold, Mag to a magnet, etc. It will look logical, but it turns out as they say "shoemaker without shoes"

While I think this would actually be a very easy system for DE to implement, the reason they don't is because they actually don't want it to be that way.

DE are known for making their game grind-based, and changes you make to things are often permanent unless you grind more to redo what you've done before.

The Operator Weapons, and the Zaws, and the upcoming kit-guns and Moa pets, are all designed around one thing; you have to keep grinding up the Standing with the specific faction.

So you will always have to buy the blueprints, construct the parts, and then build the weapon... and that weapon will never actually be able to be taken apart, only sold off and then replaced.

There won't be a less grind-based way to do it. Because DE want the grind to be there.

Yes, I understand the concept of the game, but this is relevant, for example, for the initial stage, then turns into an annoying inconvenience, in principle, you can enter a module for the forge that will disassemble for a certain amount of credits and resource . The module itself gives a reward for entering

il y a 20 minutes, Baciloid a dit :

There is also an idea to make frames with elementary abilities immune to this type of damage, For example, the Volt is immune to electricity, Frost to cold, Mag to a magnet, etc. It will look logical, but it turns out as they say "shoemaker without shoes"

As a human that can punch things, are you immune to punchs ?
So no, even if theses warframe use electricty, cold, heat, toxin and many more, it doesn't make sense for them to be immune to the damage type they are based on.

25 минут назад, lukinu_u сказал:

As a human that can punch things, are you immune to punchs ?
So no, even if theses warframe use electricty, cold, heat, toxin and many more, it doesn't make sense for them to be immune to the damage type they are based on.

We are not talking about weapons :), we are talking about the use of elemental damage, and so we reduce it to the fact that the Electrician cannot electrocute :)

1 minute ago, Baciloid said:

We are not talking about weapons :), we are talking about the use of elemental damage, and so we reduce it to the fact that the Electrician cannot electrocute 🙂

I would say that perhaps the only acceptable answer the team would consider would be to change the passive abilities of those Warframes to that of elemental resistance. That can make sense, but then I do like the current passive abilities each currently have, so I would recommend against changing those.

1 минуту назад, (PS4)RebelSergeant сказал:

I would say that perhaps the only acceptable answer the team would consider would be to change the passive abilities of those Warframes to that of elemental resistance. That can make sense, but then I do like the current passive abilities each currently have, so I would recommend against changing those.

No, it makes no sense to change passive abilities, namely, to make an innate ability

DE has said several times in the past that no Warframe will ever have resistance to elemental damage. Firstly, it would serve no purpose other than to create a meta game of which Frame is the "best" to use against a particular faction because of their resistances. Secondly, the damage types are not equal. Damn-near every mission you run you'll be taking heat damage at some point, so Ember's resistance would be widespread and highly desirable. Meanwhile, Frost would have a useless ability, since the only thing that causes cold damage is being outside of heat shields on ice tilesets. And before you suggest they should add more enemy types with different damage types to make the resistances more useful...why should they put in work to fix the problem caused by the work they did to fix the initial "problem" that doesn't even exist?

2 минуты назад, EmissaryOfInfinity сказал:

DE has said several times in the past that no Warframe will ever have resistance to elemental damage

Well, if we proceed from politics, then it is fair, Here I have to agree

I actually originally thought the Zaws and future modular weapons would be for our operators. They would all come with Mechanics like Exodus/magus which allowed our operators to survive/fight outside the suits, and little by little our operators would eclipse the warframes with their own weapon sets.

Thematically/lorewise, the children would thus grow out of their protective suits to fight the bad guys themselves. Of course it would include appropriate content to smooth out the transition and make warframes not useless from then forward, like maybe anti-transference fields which forced operator combat. Just a cool idea

2 часа назад, (PS4)negativ21 сказал:

I actually originally thought the Zaws and future modular weapons would be for our operators. They would all come with Mechanics like Exodus/magus which allowed our operators to survive/fight outside the suits, and little by little our operators would eclipse the warframes with their own weapon sets.

Thematically/lorewise, the children would thus grow out of their protective suits to fight the bad guys themselves. Of course it would include appropriate content to smooth out the transition and make warframes not useless from then forward, like maybe anti-transference fields which forced operator combat. Just a cool idea

Just the idea is that, for example, I have all the parts created and fully improved, I have all the amplifiers, just this modular formation approach made it possible not to keep in the inventory a large number of amplifiers already created.

On 2018-11-06 at 4:55 PM, Baciloid said:

Just the idea is that, for example, I have all the parts created and fully improved, I have all the amplifiers, just this modular formation approach made it possible not to keep in the inventory a large number of amplifiers already created.

Tbh if they ever did this it would probably be locked behind another grind wall. I can imagine amp "distillers" available from Konzu or Onkko requiring considerable standing to purchase (like 100,000, similar to arcane distillers), and which would allow complete disassembly of a chosen amp. 

Taken another way, this would be a good place for people to spend their spare Quills standing. Just as long as it doesn't require POE parts to construct, because that would make it way too much of a pain. 

9 часов назад, (PS4)negativ21 сказал:

available from Konzu or Onkko requiring considerable standing to purchase (like 100,000, similar to arcane distillers)

I think it could be solved at the expense of the cores Owning the mind