Best place to do rifle riven "get x kills while wall clinging/dashing without touching the ground or raising alarms"?

Espiovvv

Question

I'm trying to do my first riven https://i.imgur.com/xL2ouYh.png
but it's impossibly difficult, even with Loki I just can't manage to do it, apparently, if an enemy sees me and nothing else it counts as an alarm and the kill does not count for the riven mod;
so what's the best way to approach this challenge? which planet, what node and wherein that node?

Edited by Espiovvv

6 answers to this question

Normally for the X kills on walls I take Octavia. For this one (I've not had this one yet) I'd go the same with duration in any exterminate mission. Octavia has invis as well and mallet draws aggro, so you should be able to pull 14 enemies to it without setting off alarms. Once the riven is complete you can finish the mission and leave.

Edited by Zyneris

Just because:

xL2ouYh.png

[Sometimes you have to remove the s in the https part to make imgur direct links work properly.]

14 minutes ago, Espiovvv said:

what's the best way to approach this challenge?

Dunno 'bout best, but you could try gathering up a whole bunch of Grineer
as (perma-Prowl) Ivara with Noise Arrow and then wreck 'em all at once with your AoE weapon of choice.

2 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

Gabii, Ceres

I thought starting a Survival (also Defense) counts as setting off alarms, is that not the case?

I'd suggest finding a low-level infested mission and kiting enemies around until you have a huge pack, then hopping on the wall and killing them all at once.  Infested travel in packs and don't set off alarms, so they're a good fit for the challenge.  You'll want something that can hit a lot of targets really fast, like a bullet hose or fast-firing AoE weapon, and you'll want to remove your companion, so they don't snipe enemies or steal aggro.  Since you're in a low-level mission, your weapon should basically insta-gib everything in the room. 

1 hour ago, Espiovvv said:

so what's the best way to approach this challenge? which planet, what node and wherein that node?

This is hard, mostly because it is hard to understand what not to do. "Raising alarms" also basically means "undetected". If I remember correctly the challenge also resets if your pet/sentinel kills something and if you do ANYTHING other than sideways wall dash or cling (while on the wall). After all it doesn't say "while just staying off the ground". So leave the sentinel weapon at home, and don't jump upwards. Patagium or another comparable mod really helps. And beware ledges (on the wall), even thin ledges might trigger a "stand on it", breaking you challenge. I would also leave all other Tennos at home (= do it alone) since it might be that kills by other Tenno also break your challenge counter.

Crossfire missions have no alarms, so all you need to do is killing without being noticed (while hanging on a wall, yeah). Plato on Lua has lots of enemies, the problem is finding a spot with enough enemies if you want to use a weapon. Ivara can basically stay perma-invis, Loki is best on walls (if you are good enough), most range damage frames can do this pretty easy (I prefer Ember), just don't be seen until you have your kills. Limbo can do this with the right combo of enemy level & abilities/mods (the rift ball also keeps enemies from coming into the place where you are desperately wall clinging/dashing, staring at your challenge kill counter). A well modded Volt can basically empty a smaller map with his ult while wall clinging. It is a bit hit and miss which type of warframe ability kills actually count. Grenade weapons (or gas cloud weapons like Torid and Mutalist Cernos) can be quite good, since you don't need to hit precisely and the gas effect especially stays active for a short while. Not sure about Vauban's mines or Nekros' Shadows.

Most of all, think. If you start getting challenge kills and they stop, what happened (= what did go wrong)? And you are not the only one, there is surely a lot of info on this unveil challenge out there.

Edited by Graavarg