Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a block-filter feature to chat/Auction House

(PSN)whoistimjones

On 2018-11-06 at 3:07 PM, WhiteMarker said:

Is it more engaging? No. Thank god I never said that.
Has more gameplay value? Actually yes. With an Auction House you would be afk. You would never have to open up the game. It could run in the back ground and that's it. With the trade chat, you still have to keep an eye on the game. So if an interesting alert pops up, you would play it, because you would see it. This wouldn't happen with an Aution House.
So yes, the current solution is better, and the argument is strong enough.

Thank you for your interest. Have a nice day.

That's literally one of the stupidest arguments ever made (if it can be considered one). With trading chat you have to spend like hours each day trying to sell your stuff and most likely you ll never get a reply wasting time not playing the game. However with an auction house people can just post the things they want to sell and enjoy playing the game. -_- It is annoying that a portion of the community is so narrow minded that is ruining the game for the others.

Edited by AngelSai

1 hour ago, AngelSai said:

That's literally one of the stupidest arguments ever made (if it can be considered one). With trading chat you have to spend like hours each day trying to sell your stuff and most likely you ll never get a reply wasting time not playing the game. However with an auction house people can just post the things they want to sell and enjoy playing the game. -_- It is annoying that a portion of the community is so narrow minded that is ruining the game for the others.

Sounds like you don't have a reasonable price point. If that's the case, then you can be reasonably sure that you generally won't get any sales anyway. 

Nobody is obligated to buy at the prices you set. If your price is attractive, someone will probably be interested. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sounds like you don't have a reasonable price point. If that's the case, then you can be reasonably sure that you generally won't get any sales anyway.

Nobody is obligated to buy at the prices you set. If your price is attractive, someone will probably be interested. 

Not everyone is interested in being a trader ingame, genius. Sometimes we want/need to buy/sell only one item and trying to wade through the toxic morass that is TC turns many of us off.  Most of us want to actually PLAY the game - not sit for hours trying to find the one deal that interests us. Then there are also the folks that actually have a life and don't have time to spend wading through TC spammers who post their wares as fast as they can to spam other sellers' posts out of the viewing area. Your arguments only support those who want to spend their ingame time trading. The rest of us want to play the rest of the game - or be able to log out and go play another game while the auction house manages the sales for us.

Edited by (PS4)Firebrandd

1 minute ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

Not everyone is interested in being a trader ingame, genius. Sometimes we want/need to buy/sell only one item and trying to wade through the toxic morass that is TC turns many of us off.  Most of us want to actually PLAY the game - not sit for hours trying to find the one deal that interests us. Then there are also the folks that actually have a life and don't have time to spend wading through TC spammers who post their wares as fast as they can to spam other sellers' posts out of the viewing area. Your arguments only support those who want to spend their ingame time trading. The rest of us want to play the rest of the game - or be able to log out and go play another game while the auction house manages the sales for us.

Not even close to the mark. 

I use trade chat for exactly what you claim to want it for. I hop on, put in a filter for what interests me, and then check back periodically. This let's me see what sort of price point people are actually using. Once I have a reasonable figure in mind, I can toss out a message a little higher or lower, and usually get several responses in short order. 

So yeah, if you are having so much difficulty making your sales or purchases, then you are definitely doing something wrong. If you can't figure out the basic economics of how to trade, then honestly, an in game auction house is not going to be very useful to you. 

It doesn't take a genius to figure out how the filters in trade chat work, and warframe market is a thing. 

The reason we don't and won't have an auction house is simple

It uses premium currency.

premium currency is how DE makes money.

if you have an auction house, it would be easy for me to put up all my trash primes and rivens for 1-5p and forget about them. come back in a few days and have enough to buy weapon/frame slots. 

as it is right now, i don't bother selling anything under 10p, those go straight to ducats. and trash rivens i simply delete them

DE's goal with premium currency 

is to make it INCONVENIENT and ANNOYING to get premium currency (Plat) in-game

you know what's very easy to do though?
c3542e25df.png

THAT is why they won't add an auction house! 

1 hour ago, SqualZell said:

The reason we don't and won't have an auction house is simple

It uses premium currency.

premium currency is how DE makes money.

if you have an auction house, it would be easy for me to put up all my trash primes and rivens for 1-5p and forget about them. come back in a few days and have enough to buy weapon/frame slots. 

as it is right now, i don't bother selling anything under 10p, those go straight to ducats. and trash rivens i simply delete them

you know what's very easy to do though?
c3542e25df.png

THAT is why they won't add an auction house! 

That makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever. Because all you have to do is type "WTS prime junk 5 for 5plat" and you will probably be invited to a half dozen dojos for as many trades as you can handle. 

And that's within your range. 

The people who have trouble are the ones who want to sell one piece of low level prime junk for 6 plat. It's a simple matter of not having realistic expectations of what prices they can reasonably demand for their goods. 

If both parties don't figure that the price is reasonable, then the sale won't happen. 

On PS4 I have contacted people wanting to sell prime junk, and offered 5 for 6plat only to be told "universal price is 2 plat per item" to which I responded "not on PS4". I posted up my WTB at that price and rapidly did over a dozen trades at that price point, only to check in trade and see the same person still trying to hawk their junk for 2 plat each. 

Likewise when trying to buy a part for a set I contacted a seller, who called out a ridiculous price. More than triple what I would have considered reasonable. I said thanks but that's too much for me at the moment. He asked what I was considering, and I pointed out the price on warframe market was averaging far less and left it like that. I contacted a seller with a more reasonable asking price, made the trade, while the first person I contacted was still trying to drum up a sale, inclusive of telling me that they really need the sale and that they're desperate. 

If it takes people that long to make their sales or purchase what they want, then the system is not the problem. 

On 2018-11-05 at 8:55 PM, Ohforf3 said:

Every game that I have played that added an auction house has resulted in a race to the top for anything of value due to resellers using bots in an attempt to corner the market.  It quickly becomes useless because only whales could afford to buy things from there.

Played few MMOs with auction houes or server-wide markets.

The only market-related BOT issues were farmers that were cutting prices. I don't think you can do it here.

---

If DE is reluctant about adding market for all stuff, at very damn least let they make a riven-only auction house.

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever. Because all you have to do is type "WTS prime junk 5 for 5plat" and you will probably be invited to a half dozen dojos for as many trades as you can handle. 

And that's within your range. 

The people who have trouble are the ones who want to sell one piece of low level prime junk for 6 plat. It's a simple matter of not having realistic expectations of what prices they can reasonably demand for their goods. 

If both parties don't figure that the price is reasonable, then the sale won't happen. 

On PS4 I have contacted people wanting to sell prime junk, and offered 5 for 6plat only to be told "universal price is 2 plat per item" to which I responded "not on PS4". I posted up my WTB at that price and rapidly did over a dozen trades at that price point, only to check in trade and see the same person still trying to hawk their junk for 2 plat each. 

Likewise when trying to buy a part for a set I contacted a seller, who called out a ridiculous price. More than triple what I would have considered reasonable. I said thanks but that's too much for me at the moment. He asked what I was considering, and I pointed out the price on warframe market was averaging far less and left it like that. I contacted a seller with a more reasonable asking price, made the trade, while the first person I contacted was still trying to drum up a sale, inclusive of telling me that they really need the sale and that they're desperate. 

If it takes people that long to make their sales or purchase what they want, then the system is not the problem. 

you explained exactly why DE doesn't want to add an auction house. (i put it in bold)

- the people that want to sell at a ridiculous price

- the people that don't know what things are worth and spend too forever trying to sell their things...

-the people who don't want to bother with the trading system. 

those are the people that are going to turn around and simply buy the platinum from the cash shop.

if you make it easier for everyone to get platinum (aka adding an auction house), then no one would buy it from DE with real money. 

5 hours ago, deothor said:

Played few MMOs with auction houes or server-wide markets.

The only market-related BOT issues were farmers that were cutting prices. I don't think you can do it here.

---

If DE is reluctant about adding market for all stuff, at very damn least let they make a riven-only auction house.

name 1 game where the auction house trades in premium currency

name 1 I DARE YOU!

28 minutes ago, SqualZell said:

you explained exactly why DE doesn't want to add an auction house. (i put it in bold)

- the people that want to sell at a ridiculous price

- the people that don't know what things are worth and spend too forever trying to sell their things...

-the people who don't want to bother with the trading system. 

those are the people that are going to turn around and simply buy the platinum from the cash shop.

if you make it easier for everyone to get platinum (aka adding an auction house), then no one would buy it from DE with real money. 

Again the system is not the source of the problem. Trading can be fast or slow depending on whether the price is reasonable. 

People who want to sell for unreasonable prices trade speed for tee possibility of getting more platinum. People who sell quickly are trading possible platinum for time. 

Any auction house system produces the exact same result. If you put your items lower than the lowest price listed, then your items will sell first.

If anything they make it worse for sellers, the silly person who lists their items for ten times the going rate will be unlikely to ever get a sale because now instead of just competing with the other people who are online and trying to sell, they have to compete against anyone who has ever put the item up for sale and hasn't sold it yet. Likewise instead of competing with a handful of other sellers for attention, you're now competing against every single player who has ever listed the item. Inclusive of players who haven't been online in forever and just figured that when they come back they will be able to collect the proceeds of all those sales. 

As far as the in game economy, "The tragedy of the commons" explains why the prices will bottom out almost as soon as such a system gets implemented. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again the system is not the source of the problem. Trading can be fast or slow depending on whether the price is reasonable. 

People who want to sell for unreasonable prices trade speed for tee possibility of getting more platinum. People who sell quickly are trading possible platinum for time. 

Any auction house system produces the exact same result. If you put your items lower than the lowest price listed, then your items will sell first.

If anything they make it worse for sellers, the silly person who lists their items for ten times the going rate will be unlikely to ever get a sale because now instead of just competing with the other people who are online and trying to sell, they have to compete against anyone who has ever put the item up for sale and hasn't sold it yet. Likewise instead of competing with a handful of other sellers for attention, you're now competing against every single player who has ever listed the item. Inclusive of players who haven't been online in forever and just figured that when they come back they will be able to collect the proceeds of all those sales. 

As far as the in game economy, "The tragedy of the commons" explains why the prices will bottom out almost as soon as such a system gets implemented. 

let me put it this way

Currently
1 -I only trade in items that are worth 50p or more and trash (ducats the rest) (i don't have the time or the patience to start trading 1-2 plat items)
2 -I buy platinum from the cash shop (money for DE) (because I have more money than time)

with an Auction House

1- I will place all my trash for 1 plat and forget about it, go to sleep, wake up with 35-45-50p per night
2- I will still trade 50p items or more
3- I will no longer need to buy any platinum from the cash shop (no money for DE) since the auction house allows me to get everything i need while i sleep. 

TLDR if the auction house gets implemented there won't be any need for me to give DE any money since I'll have all the plat I need. 

10 minutes ago, SqualZell said:

let me put it this way

Currently
1 -I only trade in items that are worth 50p or more and trash (ducats the rest) (i don't have the time or the patience to start trading 1-2 plat items)
2 -I buy platinum from the cash shop (money for DE) (because I have more money than time)

with an Auction House

1- I will place all my trash for 1 plat and forget about it, go to sleep, wake up with 35-45-50p per night
3- I will no longer need to buy any platinum from the cash shop (no money for DE) since the auction house allows me to get everything i need while i sleep. 

TLDR if the auction house gets implemented there won't be any need for me to give DE any money since I'll have all the plat I need. 

I think on PC prime junk sells for 2 plat per item? If you offer 5 for 5plat, you will probably be able to make all the trades  with just one or two buyers in back to back trades. 2 buyers, 5 full trades each, and you just made your 50 plat in just a few minutes. 

I say this with confidence because I got mightily pissed off by Baro trash talking me when I didn't make a purchase on PS4. So I traded plat for enough junk to get myself a few thousand ducats a couple of weeks before his hundredth visit. I would offer just more than the next highest price and offers would come rolling in. 

A few minutes of trades later I had blown through either the availability of junk for sale, or my daily quota of sales. 

5 часов назад, SqualZell сказал:

let me put it this way

Currently

with an Auction House

Next time, when somebody on the forum starts another song in the spirit of "Well, this is a FREE game!", I will definitely give a link to your post.

And in fact, this idiotic trade chat only prevents DE earn. Because it is very inconvenient not only to sell - but also to BUY. I just do not have time to even look at the characteristics of the item and click on the nickname of the seller when I want to buy something, everything flies so fast in the chat window. I have never seen a more inconvenient trading system in any game.
I would buy more platinum if there was a simple auction where I can easily buy the item I need.
And to dump garbage for 50 platinum and it will be enriched with it so much so as not to buy platinum at all - sorry, this is not serious. This is not even enough for one month booster.

P.S. I will express an unpopular opinion. In general, I would prefer the Warframe sales model to be by subscription or B2P. Without all these tricks, the freetoplay, which eventually becomes annoying. You paid once a fixed amount - and you have a normal auction, dedicated servers and decent content.

Edited by Falconer777

7 hours ago, deothor said:

You haven't made any arguments yet lol

I make clear shots about you not making any arguments lol#2

You haven't made any arguments yet lol#3

You keep on repeating the same nonsense xD

God damn mate, you could work as comedian ;D

Let me imitate you:

YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE I AM RIGHT AND YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT BECAUSE YOU ARE IGNORANT BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG, THAT'S WHY I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE HOW RONG YOU ARE. MY ARGUMENTS I NEVER MADE ARE RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE MY ARGUMENTS ARE NEVER WRONG BECAUSE THEY ARE RIGHT YOU IGNORANT.

😄

----

On the topic. AH could easily work both for players AND DE. Playerside is obvious as hell. easier way to trade goods. Clear informations. Fixing prices. DE-side... Well.. They could always set a tax on stuff you put in market. Like for example.............................. Platinum. People will still buy platinum as they use to. Add to that the platinum sink AH could provide and guess what... Everyone is happy!

Looks like you want to continue to debate with school yard bullying tactics while I continue to ignore your poorly made and poorly thought out points.  I'm not interested in trying to scream wisdom into deaf ears.  I have better things to do.  You go ahead and think you are right, I'll sit back and know you are wrong and also enjoy that there is still no ah, nor will there be no matter how much you cry for it.  The salt of your tears as you slowly realize this fight can not and will not be won shall sustain me, and i will revel in watching you as you slowly realize how terrible your arguments are, how poorly constructed and thought out, and how it will never make any difference becaise the simple truth is you are not only wrong, but arrogant, and watching that unravel, to me, is delicious.  Good day.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

12 hours ago, (PS4)Gerbizzzle said:

Warframe.market is basically an auction house no? 

No Warframe.market isn't an auction house.  It is a market.

An auction house is a place where auctions are held.  This means someone is putting an item up for sale to the highest bidder.  Multiple potential buyers upping the price until the time on the sale ends.

A market is multiple sellers listing the price for their goods and buyers look through the offerings for a price they like, some times haggling with the sellers.

12 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I think on PC prime junk sells for 2 plat per item? If you offer 5 for 5plat, you will probably be able to make all the trades  with just one or two buyers in back to back trades. 2 buyers, 5 full trades each, and you just made your 50 plat in just a few minutes. 

I would still prefer to trash my Items into Baro because all of the clicking. I am, as well, one of those people who won't sell items less than x plat per item (rarely mods for 20p, usually my sells start at 50+).

Even if I could sell 20 trades full of trash (5x 20 = 100 items  x 2plat = 200p) I would trash them because of the tedious clicking and lazyness.

12 hours ago, SqualZell said:

So yeah, currently I "lose" 200p per day to my attitude which I have to buy from DE if I really need them (~15$). With an AH I would get 100p b/c all would sell trash for 1:1. Still a  better offer for me than buying, still a 15$ loss for DE

On 2018-11-05 at 8:21 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There needs to be a block for every riven.

So far this is the best logical reply in this thread.

Since rivens have random names, you can't make a word filter for them. Having the option to white/blacklist all messages that contains a linked riven line would be so helpful making trade chat way more readable, customized to the player's preference. That's all we really need, more detailed filter customization.

18 hours ago, deothor said:

So your argument for "WF is better without AH" is that DE doesn't want one? That's your argument? No, I'm not straw-man'ing your sentence. That's your argument.

No, it really wasn't. Those were two separate statements. Just because you don't understand why he said it doesn't mean that he is wrong. 

We're better off because the in-game economy will tank badly, as every seller with a brain will try to undercut the others. Tragedy of the commons kicks in, and everything goes to hell in a handbasket. 

DE has explained the technical difficulties involved in managing to have a real time service that is shared across all regions, servers, and instances make it a bit more complicated than you may realise. Having lots (potentially thousands) of people trying to purchase the same items at the exact same time, where microseconds aren't getting the chance to pass, and lag is a factor, compounded with the whole "this has to be mirrored across all regions and servers at the same time"? Yeah that's going to lead to a fair bit of frustration for a lot of people. That's what DE doesn't want. You'd know this if you had read the threads that have been made in the past. 

So you see, he was right. Dunning-Kruger is at play here. Just because you don't understand the points he made, doesn't mean that he hasn't made them. 

18 hours ago, deothor said:

DE doesn't want AH, ok. That's a solid fact. You know why? Because it'd improce player-to-player trading, thus might negatively impact DEs income from selling platinum. So in other words, you are devils advocate at best.

No. In all likelihood you would suffer if they implemented what you are asking for. You may not understand how that could be, but that's not really anyone else's fault. See what you can learn about the "Tragedy of the Commons" and how it would apply to the system you have suggested. As a graduate in the field of Economics, you should already know all about it, but it looks like you may have missed that class. 

The basic concept is "some people are so greedy and shortsighted that they can't figure out why what they are doing is going hurt them in the long run, and even those who understand why that path is dumb, will have to follow suit just to stay alive". 

If you want a video game related case study to investigate, see what you can find about Ultima Online's ecosystem/hunting that was implemented for a short period of time and had to be scrapped shortly after because nobody could figure out what would happen if you hunted ever living animal into extinction. 

12 hours ago, deothor said:

On the topic. AH could easily work both for players AND DE. Playerside is obvious as hell. easier way to trade goods. Clear informations. Fixing prices. DE-side... Well.. They could always set a tax on stuff you put in market. Like for example.............................. Platinum. People will still buy platinum as they use to. Add to that the platinum sink AH could provide and guess what... Everyone is happy!

No. And no. And no. 

Best of all, I absolutely believe that you have studied economics. Only someone like an economist would look at a relatively simple system that currently works reasonably well for anyone who is able to figure it out, suggest that it be replaced by a far more complex, and easier to break system, and then recommend charging people money for the privilege of spending their money. 

14 hours ago, (PS4)Gerbizzzle said:

Warframe.market is basically an auction house no? 

Not quite, but it might as well be. Because the same people who can't figure out how to price things in trade, tend to be the same ones who think that the market is a scam, and will probably be the same ones who can't figure out why their items don't sell in an auction house system. 

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I would still prefer to trash my Items into Baro because all of the clicking. I am, as well, one of those people who won't sell items less than x plat per item (rarely mods for 20p, usually my sells start at 50+).

Even if I could sell 20 trades full of trash (5x 20 = 100 items  x 2plat = 200p) I would trash them because of the tedious clicking and lazyness.

And that's fine. Like I indicated before, the price you're willing to accept is inversely proportional to the value of your time. But we can also look at ducats and realise that they also have worth, you can turn those into hard to get items which you can turn into plat later. 

You are however willing to make use of the trade system, when you believe that it will be worth your time. You make a few high value trades instead of many lower value ones. 

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

So yeah, currently I "lose" 200p per day to my attitude which I have to buy from DE if I really need them (~15$). With an AH I would get 100p b/c all would sell trash for 1:1. Still a  better offer for me than buying, still a 15$ loss for DE

But you don't really lose all of that, because you weren't guaranteed to earn it in the first place. Remember that if everyone did the same, selling prime junk, the market would be flooded. With high supply and fixed demand, either the price needs to become elastic (read drop in our case) or most sales will sit and stagnate at those prices. But now the same would also apply to your high value items as well. Your 50p items start to decrease in value, because your competition for the sale is now many, many times greater. 

Take a glance at warframe market. A lot of times the lowest online price is higher than the offline price. The proposed system means that the online sellers will be forced to drop their prices if they want to make the sale, or wait until all of the lower priced offers are sold out. In that case, you may end up losing far, far more. 

Not a great idea. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Best of all, I absolutely believe that you have studied economics. Only someone like an economist would look at a relatively simple system that currently works reasonably well for anyone who is able to figure it out, suggest that it be replaced by a far more complex, and easier to break system, and then recommend charging people money for the privilege of spending their money. 

A simple way that works reasonably well means:

1. Using third part site to figure out prices/buyers/sellers

2. Spamming your offer for god-knows-how-long

3. Haggling with randoms untill either you make a deal or not

Versus:

1. Put the S#&amp;&#036; you want to sell in AH <--- if that's far more complex and easier to break (i'm ROTFLing here), then I believe it's about time to return to your cave :P

By the way having AH doesn't mean you cannot trade the "old way". The same as you can trade in DOJO or Maroos Bazaar.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

then recommend charging people money for the privilege of spending their money. 

And how the hell you think platinum works in general? It's a privilege currency. You don't get it ingame. You either buy it with real cash or by trading with players.

You guys are so afraid of AH like it's some kind of devil. Like in medieval times, really. When in truth you are doing just EXACTLY THE SAME THING, but without the automation or clear information. It's just dumb...

Edited by deothor

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But you don't really lose all of that, because you weren't guaranteed to earn it in the first place.

If I type "WTS trash 5:10" I have 2 or 3 buyers a second later. So yeah 2p for trash is guaranteed. With an Auction house people will try to lower their prices and we will end up with 1p eventually.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Your 50p items start to decrease in value, because your competition for the sale is now many, many times greater. 

Don't think so. They were stable for years now except one item. And how will you know this? Do you know what I sell? I doubt it. You are just assuming

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Take a glance at warframe market. [...] or wait until all of the lower priced offers are sold out.

I sell at 3rd lowest. Been doing it since the launch of market and I earned a 6 digit value so far, so I am doing very well. This way I don't follow the trend to cut under other players and steadily lower the price tag.

Take a look a "Exodia Hunt". I saw a demand of it and sold Rank 3 for 1k each. With the help of my clan we managed to sell 1 each day. After a couple of weeks other people started to sell it because they saw it has a high value and now it's at 400p.

Or Pax Seeker. The first evening people got to "Old Mate" I was able to sell Rank 3 for 1.8k. The very next day it was at 500. Another day later it was at 250. With an AH in-game you can bet the prices were droped even faster and lower.

It's a convenient method to not care about economy. Crowds are stupid. That's a fact. And coupled with greed and egoism this would ruin the market completely.

23 hours ago, SqualZell said:

But by doing this DE also cuts down their own plat sales.

Trading is inconvinient therefore you dont do it so you dont buy plat to trade for stuff and general stuff in the market are both expensive and relatively easy to get so you dont bother buying plat for those too. The only thing its "worth" buying for plat is fashion but by the time you reach the point you start to trade to get fashion you already have plenty of stuff to sell and get plat so you once again dont buy it.

Look from the other side, by making trading better and faster players will be encouraged to buy it so they can get as many stuff as they could aka the value of plat is vastly increased. One needs to point out that this would also speed up "plat venting" the process of removing excess plat from the game, because by making it easier, faster to circulate and move plat it will reach players who use it up in the market faster and this will once again increase the sales for DE since the less plat is in the game the more players need to buy.

2 hours ago, deothor said:

simple way that works reasonably well means:

1. Using third part site to figure out prices/buyers/sellers

2. Spamming your offer for god-knows-how-long

3. Haggling with randoms untill either you make a deal or not

Wouldn't it be ironic if none of those things are actually needed? Because none of them actually is needed. 

Research on prices can be done in chat and I recommend doing so as it will let you observe both offers of sale and purchase. Warframe market allows you to see what people are asking for, but not what they're getting. 

If you have to spam your offer for a long time, then you obviously don't understand how supply and demand and price elasticity are working against you. Drop the price to what the buyers are willing to pay and odds are you will find a buyer really quickly. 

If you are haggling, it is because you want to. I usually make one offer and entertain one counter offer. Beyond that we are just wasting one another's time and it is easy to write "sorry I can't do that" and end the conversation because my offers are usually pretty fair to begin with. 

Like I said the problem isn't the system, it's the users who can't grasp simple concepts. 

Versus:

1. Put the S#&amp;&#036; you want to sell in AH <--- if that's far more complex and easier to break (i'm ROTFLing here), then I believe it's about time to return to your cave 😛

By the way having AH doesn't mean you cannot trade the "old way". The same as you can trade in DOJO or Maroos Bazaar.

You did Economics so you presumably understand how stock markets work, what cornering the market means, and why organisations like the SEC exist to police that sort of thing. If you don't, then you should probably ask for a refund on whatever your education cost. 

And let's actually use our heads to figure out what will happen to the prices in Maroo's once the AH system is implemented. Because that's what the study of economics teaches us about. "When the stock is market crashed and caused the Great Depression, stores across the United States, were totally unaffected because they weren't listed on the stock exchanges" isn't one of the things that you learned about in school, I'm guessing. 

And how the hell you think platinum works in general? It's a privilege currency. You don't get it ingame. You either buy it with real cash or by trading with players.

You guys are so afraid of AH like it's some kind of devil. Like in medieval times, really. When in truth you are doing just EXACTLY THE SAME THING, but without the automation or clear information. It's just dumb...

It's also a fiat currency. I'm sure that you were trying to make a point there, but it doesn't seem like you managed to get it out. You also didn't manage to address the point I made which is sort of depressing because I thought I'd made it relatively simple to grasp. 

And here's the thing. If we're already managing to do what you are proposing (without your fully grasping the difficulties of actually implementing the system you think that you want) then we don't need the system you propose, to do exactly what we're already doing. And we won't be taxed extra platinum for doing so (which is a really dumb idea). 

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If I type "WTS trash 5:10" I have 2 or 3 buyers a second later. So yeah 2p for trash is guaranteed. With an Auction house people will try to lower their prices and we will end up with 1p eventually.

Or possibly less. Because 5 for 4plat will sell that much faster. 😉

Don't think so. They were stable for years now except one item. And how will you know this? Do you know what I sell? I doubt it. You are just assuming

That's the nature of competition. If you are selling for 50, and I can sell for 49, I will be able to make sales all day long and your item won't move. Then you drop to 49, and I go 48.There is almost always going to be someone who wants the plat more and is willing to take the hit, just as you would be willing to shave 50% off the price you're asking for junk if it meant easier trades. The only way you get away from this is if you are the only supplier. And that's generally unrealistic. 

I sell at 3rd lowest. Been doing it since the launch of market and I earned a 6 digit value so far, so I am doing very well. This way I don't follow the trend to cut under other players and steadily lower the price tag

Doesn't really help if others keep undercutting. 3rd lowest will be variable. Just takes one, then you're no longer 3rd lowest. As your examples demonstrate, it's all about supply and demand, and what the market will bear. Automated systems like an AH which also increase the levels of competition sellers face, do make a mess of economies. 

Our current system, does suffer fluctuations, but it is usually limited. It's a wonder that the person claiming to have graduated in Economics can't see how that would be affected by the AH system they favour. 

On 2018-11-28 at 6:26 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So yeah, if you are having so much difficulty making your sales or purchases, then you are definitely doing something wrong. If you can't figure out the basic economics of how to trade, then honestly, an in game auction house is not going to be very useful to you.

Uhm...as I stated previously, I am NOT an ingame trader, nor am I interested in using trade chat to make ingame money.  I have played many games that have an auction house and not one of them has a broken economy - AND the economic players make just as much currency as "live" trades. Your argument still only supports folks who are interested in ingame trading! I never said I could not figure out how to trade. I said that I am not INTERESTED in it. Huge difference. And for players like me, an ingame AH is far more useful than p2p trades. An AH doesn't require both players to be online at the same time. Same amount of money earned - possibly even MORE if the bid function is used. I.E. : I have a groll riven I want to sell.  I post a low bid price and a higher buy now price, leave the item for up to 7 days. Players with disposable currency will pay the buy it now price. Players hoping to get closer to the bid price will place bids until the timer runs out, oftentimes exceeding the buy now price. Winning bid receives item by ingame inbox and the person who posted the item receives currency by inbox.  This is also a safer method of trading since there is less chance of being scammed.  It protects both buyer and seller.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

Uhm...as I stated previously, I am NOT an ingame trader, nor am I interested in using trade chat to make ingame money.  I have played many games that have an auction house and not one of them has a broken economy - AND the economic players make just as much currency as "live" trades. Your argument still only supports folks who are interested in ingame trading! I never said I could not figure out how to trade. I said that I am not INTERESTED in it. Huge difference. And for players like me, an ingame AH is far more useful than p2p trades. An AH doesn't require both players to be online at the same time. Same amount of money earned - possibly even MORE if the bid function is used. I.E. : I have a groll riven I want to sell.  I post a low bid price and a higher buy now price, leave the item for up to 7 days. Players with disposable currency will pay the buy it now price. Players hoping to get closer to the bid price will place bids until the timer runs out, oftentimes exceeding the buy now price. Winning bid receives item by ingame inbox and the person who posted the item receives currency by inbox.  This is also a safer method of trading since there is less chance of being scammed.  It protects both buyer and seller.

Uhm.. How do I put this delicately? 

You know that an auction house is a form of in game trading right? I only ask because you just said, in a very unambiguous way, that you aren't interested in doing that. 

And I'm not quite sure how it's a safer method. Unless someone is in the habit of trading for promises, it's kind of hard to miss the multiple confirmations required to complete the trade. Someone who is capable of missing those is probably also capable of buying the wrong thing for the wrong price and then acting upset about it.