Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a block-filter feature to chat/Auction House

(PSN)whoistimjones

On 2018-11-06 at 11:13 AM, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Not going to read any threads and bots buying stuff off the market hurts nothing. Maybe on PC that would be a problem, but my concern doesn't involve PC. Bots on console would be a lot harder to set up than PC.

Oh so screw all the PC traders.

K

4 hours ago, Ambaire said:

The people against auction houses have never played any of the MMOs with well implemented auction houses / equivalents. See: Eve Online, Guild Wars 2.

What's the difference between a game where your possessions can be destroyed and are therefore ephemeral (to the point of being able to purchase insurance on your space ships in one of your examples), and one where when you build a warframe or weapon, it cannot ever be destroyed? 

Answer: the entire basis of the economy is built around maintaining a high demand for basic materials which can be traded. 

If you don't understand how that's a factor, then you may be a bit confused. If you are a recent GW2 player then you might want to try and say that repair doesn't cost anything, and then I'd have to ask you how it worked back in 2014. There's also something about some group that tried to corner the market on silk and gossamer scraps after HoT. 

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

There's a system that allows you to filter messages WITH certain words in them, but as far as I know you cannot filter OUT certain words.

No, the filter works both ways, you just have to flip the switch/toggle when you bring up the filter menu. I usually filter out WTS.

6 hours ago, Ambaire said:

The people against auction houses have never played any of the MMOs with well implemented auction houses / equivalents. See: Eve Online, Guild Wars 2.

name 1 MMO or for that matter video game that allows you to use their well-implemented auction houses/equivalents that use premium cash shop currencies? 

2 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

There's a system that allows you to filter messages WITH certain words in them, but as far as I know you cannot filter OUT certain words.

Yes there is. You just toggle the filter. 

The only issue is that some people can't figure out that "contains:$" is given a higher precedence than "does not contain:$". So filtering in all lines containing WTB and filtering out WTS, will permit lines like "WTB Tradefilter Prime 20p, WTS Salt many stacks available, pmo."

But it won't permit a line containing WTS, if there is no WTB in the line. 

I am for a Marketplace added to the game.

If you look at games like OldSchool RuneScape, you can see that the GE/market, has been around for years, and it is amazing.

Warframe isn't a small game anymore, so I think it is fair to implement a marketplace.

There should be Mastery restrictions for:

• Getting into the Marketplace (5-10?)
  • Selling/buying prime/warframe/weapon/etc items should have the same mastery requirement as when you can equip them.
  • Also plat, if it gets included into the Marketplace. If it does there should be a platinum Mastery requirement(12-15?)
  • You can only sell/buy for the number of trades you have left that day.
  • Certain things could have a limit bought per day.
  • Should have a credit tax automatically.

7 hours ago, SqualZell said:

name 1 MMO or for that matter video game that allows you to use their well-implemented auction houses/equivalents that use premium cash shop currencies? 

OSRS or OldSchool RuneScape.

Bonds/Memberships can be sold in the market(last time I was on it was 3-4 million for one), outside of the GE you have to buy them with irl money. So the only way they are on the market is because someone spent money. 

Trove did too. In Trove you can buy the premium ingame currency through the well implemented marketplace, for flux ( a common currency earned ingame sort of like credits from Warframe). You can also buy them with irl money if you wanted too.

4 hours ago, GrayFrequency said:

I am for a Marketplace added to the game.

If you look at games like OldSchool RuneScape, you can see that the GE/market, has been around for years, and it is amazing.

Warframe isn't a small game anymore, so I think it is fair to implement a marketplace.

There should be Mastery restrictions for:

• Getting into the Marketplace (5-10?)
  • Selling/buying prime/warframe/weapon/etc items should have the same mastery requirement as when you can equip them.
  • Also plat, if it gets included into the Marketplace. If it does there should be a platinum Mastery requirement(12-15?)
  • You can only sell/buy for the number of trades you have left that day.
  • Certain things could have a limit bought per day.
  • Should have a credit tax automatically.

As long as you can't trade passively this could work.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

That's the entire point to wanting an auction house - to be able to trade passively.

basically DE has 2 criteria

1. can't have offline trading

2. can't have passive trading

they don't want you to gain premium currency with ease, they want you to buy it from them. 

if this was trading with credits, sure... passive and offline trading won't really affect anything, but they would lose out on a lot of sales if they allow passive and/or offline trading of premium currency.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

That's the entire point to wanting an auction house - to be able to trade passively.

And that's something DE has explicitly said they don't want, as the other reply said. If it allows you to trade passively and/or offline, then it's not happening.

well sir if you don't want to see or read all of this and just want to see what you want to buy or  looking to buy something specific then there is a option on :trading: sir there is a search logo in that trading chat just type what you want then you don't have to see all there crap it will only show what you type on that search it's like filter itself  so DE already has this filter option and as i know if ppl do like that they will kicked out from chat by DE i think you guys have notice it and as for auction house i think i heard some place named MAROO's bazaar and if you don't know all this then there is a simple option just ignore the ppl who are posting like this i think that will fix this problem permanently tnx

29 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Can you give me a set of filters which will ensure I will never see a riven or a post for a rivens ever again?

Hint: you can't.

Also "riv". 

Don't add any positive filters. 

You're welcome. 

🤔 If I can manage to do 5 more today, I will treat myself to lunch at Milliways . 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Douglas Adams would have wanted me to.

Auction houses in video games tend towards either extremely restricted supply and monopolistic price-gouging or supply oversaturation and price collapse. Adding premium currency to the mix will be bad for players if the former or DE if the latter.

In-game auction houses are kind of a catch 22 in Warframe's case; an AH with plat would probably blow up in DE's face but would see use while a credit/resource only AH would do little to harm the premium currency economy but see little use. Realistically, would you part with a prime weapon or warframe set for credits/resources on the AH (provided DE went with the latter option) or would you wade through trade chat in hopes of scoring some plat? Conversely, why bother with trade chat when the premium currency AH offers either higher prices or quicker turn-over? 

I contend that DE likes their current monetization scheme and won't be changing it anytime soon. Besides, this could turn into a Diablo 3 RMAH scenario.

Edited by Dangerbone

A compromise would be something like EQII has and it's broker system.

Since Warframe limits trades per day by your MR rating, the broker system fits nicely. In EQII they don't have an auction house per se. You have to travel to whoever is selling A/B/C item if you don't want to pay the 20% tax on items. This ensures people will visit their halls and show off their decorating skills.

Warframe has the clan dojo as a "hall" and a trading post for trades. Just switch out the trading post to become a vendor machine, instead. Since it's limited already to X amount of trades a day, it can become your salesman crate.

It ensures people will visit clan dojos.

It keeps the system as it basically is already.

BUT allows offline trading (and saves people looking at the trade channel and the nightmare it has become!). The filtering is needed BECAUSE OF Riven sales, and it either needs a channel all to itself (and one people can shut off if they're not buying/selling Rivens), too.

34 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

The filtering is needed BECAUSE OF Riven sales, and it either needs a channel all to itself (and one people can shut off if they're not buying/selling Rivens), too.

Not even close. People with something to sell feel the need to repeatedly offer stuff for sale, often because the item isn't moving quickly at the price they hoped for. 

For the past few days I've looked at repeated offers for sale of prime junk at anything up to 5plat per item. (On ps4 buyers are aiming a lot closer to 1plat per.) 

I suspect that it's because of the anniversary visit where someone was asking to buy rare junk for 5plat per, which is a good deal on his side as he will get more ducats per plat like that, if he can find sellers. Some sellers probably took him up on it, which was probably a bad deal for them, but hey, 25 plat is 25 plat. 

The sellers will have to keep offering for a long time before they find anyone willing to take that off of their hands since Baro's not in town this weekend. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Not even close. People with something to sell feel the need to repeatedly offer stuff for sale, often because the item isn't moving quickly at the price they hoped for.

No. This is how those third party sites make their plat. No different how gold sellers did it in WoW and other MMOs.

With no auction house to sell their wares offline, they have to hawk it in chat. Instead of using bots to change the prices by 1 penny cheaper, they just use the bots to spam the channel, instead.

DE needs a channel strictly for Rivens so those wanting to buy/sell anything else can and not needing to fitler ALL of trade chat to do so.. The level of spam on trade looks like spam central as it is, as it's mostly Riven spam. There's other gear folks are looking for BUT Rivens.