Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a block-filter feature to chat/Auction House

(PSN)whoistimjones

1 hour ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

No. This is how those third party sites make their plat. No different how gold sellers did it in WoW and other MMOs.

With no auction house to sell their wares offline, they have to hawk it in chat. Instead of using bots to change the prices by 1 penny cheaper, they just use the bots to spam the channel, instead.

Right, great conspiracy theory, except it happens in all platforms and bots don't really take well to the consoles. 

And of course, the fact that all items get the same spammy overpriced sellers, because of perceived return on investment. And if you think that an auction house wouldn't get flooded out in the same way with the prices dropping by 1 plat, in a race to see how close to zero they can get... You clearly have not thought it through. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Right, great conspiracy theory, except it happens in all platforms and bots don't really take well to the consoles. 

And of course, the fact that all items get the same spammy overpriced sellers, because of perceived return on investment. And if you think that an auction house wouldn't get flooded out in the same way with the prices dropping by 1 plat, in a race to see how close to zero they can get... You clearly have not thought it through. 

"Conspiracy theory"? Bots don't "take well to the consoles"? Is that the same excuse that Apple computers don't get viruses???

If you played MMOs long enough you know darn right what goes on. No tin foil is even needed.

13 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

A compromise would be something like EQII has and it's broker system.

Since Warframe limits trades per day by your MR rating, the broker system fits nicely. In EQII they don't have an auction house per se. You have to travel to whoever is selling A/B/C item if you don't want to pay the 20% tax on items. This ensures people will visit their halls and show off their decorating skills.

Warframe has the clan dojo as a "hall" and a trading post for trades. Just switch out the trading post to become a vendor machine, instead. Since it's limited already to X amount of trades a day, it can become your salesman crate.

It ensures people will visit clan dojos.

It keeps the system as it basically is already.

BUT allows offline trading (and saves people looking at the trade channel and the nightmare it has become!). The filtering is needed BECAUSE OF Riven sales, and it either needs a channel all to itself (and one people can shut off if they're not buying/selling Rivens), too.

I think this is a great idea. 

And for the offline trading part, it won't hurt the game because:

• Trades are limited
  • You can only place so many items

I say if there is any sort of marketplace implemented in the game, later, then it should be something like this.

Edited by GrayFrequency
grammar

On 2018-11-06 at 8:07 AM, WhiteMarker said:

With an Auction House you would be afk

Maybe they could allow an Auction House board to post your listings and asking price, only while you're online, but you still have to send and receive messages in response to your listings and manually trade. The listing can show how many people are currently interested in that item from you so you have room for price negotiations just like you do now. Most of the process could be exactly as it is now, with some differences being that it's infinitely easier to find buyers or sellers while you continue playing the game.

If you've settled on a buyer you flag the listing to let others know it's unavailable and preventing them from clicking the listing to contact you about it, and it auto removes the listing once you've met up and traded. If the buyer falls through (which happens) then you just un-flag the item allowing for buyers to contact you again.

Yet trade spam is fine? Ewwww!

I don't enjoy it, but the point is to make it as inconvenient as possible to discourage players from trading plat. they want you to buy it, as you know it's their only source of income

1 hour ago, SqualZell said:

I don't enjoy it, but the point is to make it as inconvenient as possible to discourage players from trading plat. they want you to buy it, as you know it's their only source of income

Wow. Still with this talk? Seriously what you're saying makes absolutely no sense. If you buy plat but can't spend it, then you won't buy plat. So if what you were saying about nobody being able to sell stuff is true then the company would have died a long time ago. 

Sellers who list for reasonable prices usually don't need to spam the channel. They'll get the sale rapidly, take their plat  from the buyer and go. Sellers who have unrealistic demands have to keep offering until they get their sale. 

That's how sales work in all areas of life. It's why discount marts do booming trade, and make their profits from selling in bulk. Lower mark up on prices, faster sales, faster sales more profit per day. That's an oversimplification, but it's the basis for what they do. It's not a difficult thing to understand. 

If you played MMOs long enough you know darn right what goes on. No tin foil is even needed.

Uh, you know that there are much easier ways for people who are willing to do illegal things to get in game premium currencies, instead of grinding for it and using it to tank the market, right? You'd have an idea of what I'm talking about if you would just stop using your brain to make up conspiracies, and started asking yourself if what you are saying makes any sense. 

The effect you're describing is an end result of something called competition. If I can drop my price then I'll get the money faster than you. I might get less, but half a loaf of bread is better than none. So in response you will bring your price to match the lowest value a seller is willing to accept. Now what do you think happens if you suddenly have all the players in the game competing for the buyer's plat? Prices for common goods will tank. 

Look at the patterns in any of your MMOs and realise that they whole in game ecology and economy had to be built around keeping demand higher so that prices will remain relatively stable. In warframe we don't have that, so your 10p mods, are going to be worth 1p, unless some cheeky lad decides to off 5 for 4 plat. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sellers who have unrealistic demands have to keep offering until they get their sale. 

these guys will turn around and buy plat because "they can't sell their things at a unreasonable price"

ill say it again

If DE adds an Auction House/Market for me to be able to trade offline or AFK I will never need to buy plat ever again.

17 minutes ago, SqualZell said:

these guys will turn around and buy plat because "they can't sell their things at a unreasonable price"

ill say it again

If DE adds an Auction House/Market for me to be able to trade offline or AFK I will never need to buy plat ever again.

And I'll point out the rather obvious fact that you never actually needed to in the first place. 

You knew that, right? Because there are people who earn a lot of plat through in game trading. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Maybe they could allow an Auction House board to post your listings and asking price, only while you're online, but you still have to send and receive messages in response to your listings and manually trade. 

So, basically it would be like a tab in chat or something, where you can list your items for sale while you are online, and the prices you want to get? And maybe also for people who want to buy can put their request? 

🤔

Yeah that's trade chat, isn't it? 

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And I'll point out the rather obvious fact that you never actually needed to in the first place. 

You knew that, right? Because there are people who earn a lot of plat through in game trading. 

people with time and patience.

me, like many others, don't bother with 1-10 plat trades. I don't have the time or patience for that. Make it easier for me and ill start doing 1-10 plat trades. and everyone will start to earn a lot of plat while they sleep. 

1 hour ago, SqualZell said:

people with time and patience.

me, like many others, don't bother with 1-10 plat trades. I don't have the time or patience for that. Make it easier for me and ill start doing 1-10 plat trades. and everyone will start to earn a lot of plat while they sleep. 

That's what I've been explaining to you. You will do worse under an Auction House style system.

If they do that, then think about how many more people you will be competing against while they "sleep". You won't be competing against 70,000 to 130,000 players for sales anymore, you will be competing against millions of players who are willing to make those smaller sums. The nature of competition means that you will need to drop the price of your 10 plat items to 1 plat in order to see any returns. 

What you don't understand is that the supply of plat is finite. There's a given amount that is in the system at any given time, its what people have bought with real money and not used in the market. There is usually no limit to how many mods/prime parts people have for trade, it's only limited by grind and RNGsus.

This is why the market for prime junk, or trash rivens exists. You could sell your junk for a higher price if you could find a buyer who wants it. But most people don't want it, so your item is effectively worthless, unless someone wants to trash it for ducats instead and then it's worth very little. So it's a buyer's market, and they dictate the price, not you as a seller unless what you have is very rare indeed. 

On 2018-11-28 at 2:49 PM, SqualZell said:

name 1 game where the auction house trades in premium currency

name 1 I DARE YOU!

Trove.

In game you are allowed to trade basic flux(a currency like credits) for the premium in-game currency Credits(a rainbow colored coin, to sell it someone has to buy with real money or you can buy it with flux and sell it again).

When I last played, you could buy 250 credits with 180,000 flux.

You can also buy Membership Bonds on OSRS. They could be considered a premium currency, because for them to even be placed on the market, it has to be bought with real money(you can also buy with coins and resell if you wanted to). 

Last time I played they were sold at the GE for 3-4 million each.

Some other games could potentially be:

• Entropia Universe
  • Star Citizen
  • Eve Online

(P.S. We are going for a Marketplace not Auction House. Those are two separate concepts.

Marketplace is live, you place/buy/sell, it goes great.

Auction House is not a market, it is a cheap bargain that people bid for.)

Edited by GrayFrequency
more information

39 minutes ago, GrayFrequency said:

Some other games could potentially be:

• Entropia Universe
  • Star Citizen
  • Eve Online

(P.S. We are going for a Marketplace not Auction House. Those are two separate concepts.

Marketplace is live, you place/buy/sell, it goes great.

Auction House is not a market, it is a cheap bargain that people bid for.)

In WoW you CAN sell tokens for ingame gold AND buy it for sub time ... in the auction house. It works similar to EvE's 30 day time codes. But Blizzard limits only 1 token in your bags at a time (so can't harbor 6+ of them).

On 2018-12-06 at 7:18 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Filters are a thing. 

Your record is scratched. It's stuck on the same part of the song, over and over again. You might want to check on that. Get it through your head: WE WANT AN ALTERNATIVE.  Just like the abomination of the "new" UI a few months ago, we wanted the option to toggle the cursor off. The filters, although they exist, suck. Trade chat is abysmal, even *WITH* filter use. Simply repeating "filters" isn't going to satisfy those of us who want an auction house. Just agree to disagree with us.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

Your record is scratched. It's stuck on the same part of the song, over and over again. You might want to check on that. Get it through your head: WE WANT AN ALTERNATIVE.  Just like the abomination of the "new" UI a few months ago, we wanted the option to toggle the cursor off. The filters, although they exist, suck. Trade chat is abysmal, even *WITH* filter use. Simply repeating "filters" isn't going to satisfy those of us who want an auction house. Just agree to disagree with us.

Hi again! 🙂

Yeah I did say that, hmm about 4 days ago? You know if you keep reading the same thing over and over, it's not my record that's stuck, right? 

But in case you missed it let me expand:

The filters work fine. Apparently there are people who can't figure out how they work, but that's a very different issue. Positive filters override negative ones. You can filter out all of the rivens if you want, but it's probably not worth the effort. If you only filter in a couple of terms that you're interested in, the trade slows right down and you can easily find what you are interested in without the flood of messages. 

And in case you missed it, I've also been explaining, repeatedly because some people don't grasp thats either, why an Auction House would derail our economy and destroy prices for most common items. Understand our supply and demand relationships are by their very nature, broken. Supply is potentially infinite, demand is not. 

All an Auction House would do for you is drive competition waaaaay up, and prices waaaaay down. 

Oi vey. Bloody narcissist. You just *HAVE* to have the last word, no matter what. You can't just accept the offer to let this or any other topic rest until you get the final comment in. How dull it must be to, in your opinion, never be wrong. I'm not asking for you to agree with me or even see my point. I just want, as usual, for you to stop trying to prove people wrong when they express an opinion or a request for an option to a game mechanic that you like. It seems as though you think that if we are given our request for an auction house that it would remove the trade tab. The two can peacefully coexist.

Edited by (PS4)Firebrandd